My first inbox message

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Re: My first inbox message

Post by Twin Axes »

AcadiusLost wrote:
Twin Axes wrote:Apparently it was the Derg who head hunted me from a server called ES. I have vague memories of that one, I think there was a quest where you had to get an 'ornery bull' into a pen, a great PC killer I believe. What was ES, does anyone remember?
Earthspurs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyHfqx7Da6Y <- video not available in the US it seems.
That name rings a bell. Yes, that was probably it. They had very cool goblin worg riders.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Burt
Nihilist

Post by Burt »

Mine is strike-worthy so I can't post it, but it's to do with me hating on indio for perceived past misdeeds - which in hindsight was petty and unnecessary. To be fair though, I am still an arsehole after all these years. So...yeah, sorry indio!
Jagoff.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Twin Axes wrote:
AcadiusLost wrote:
Twin Axes wrote:Apparently it was the Derg who head hunted me from a server called ES. I have vague memories of that one, I think there was a quest where you had to get an 'ornery bull' into a pen, a great PC killer I believe. What was ES, does anyone remember?
Earthspurs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyHfqx7Da6Y <- video not available in the US it seems.
That name rings a bell. Yes, that was probably it. They had very cool goblin worg riders.

The Earthspurs was WICKED fun and deadly. Georage was a master of scripting and some of the quests were just awesome.

Late in the game though it ran into problems with DM/players twinking themselves, muling in their own gear for their PCs, playing in self-rewarding cliques etc.

But BYOD was awesome! Every Wednesday Geo would be the DM of the main server plot of the dwarfs trying to retake their home in Jormunsalr. Since multiple PCs were allowed everyone pretty much had a dwarf... so there would be a party of 15-20 dwarfs swearing, hacking, bashing, drinking, farting, and head butting their way across the glaciers for 6 hours! It was great!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Cassiel
Wyvern

Post by Cassiel »

Mine was 2005, from Hialmar, commending on my French. Apart from that it's mostly the now-defunct Constitutional Committee, and the Burt calling me all the time.
:: http://www.torilite.net ::

Time is not your enemy, forever is.
--Fall-From-Grace
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

Looks like the Doctor is back in :shock:.
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

Cassiel! Alas, I missed his post by 3 days .. such a shame.

Nice to see some of the old-faces pop in from time to time.

M.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
Grand Fromage
Goon Spy

Post by Grand Fromage »

One of the oldest is about retiring from DMing in 2005. :shock: I had no idea that was almost ten years ago now. Weird. Seemed like running TSM was such a long time but it couldn't have been more than a couple years.
Burt
Nihilist

Post by Burt »

Cassiel wrote:Mine was 2005, from Hialmar, commending on my French. Apart from that it's mostly the now-defunct Constitutional Committee, and the Burt calling me all the time.
Yet you never answered. Jagoff. :(
Jagoff.