Borderlands 2

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Borderlands 2

Post by AcadiusLost »

Anyone tried this out yet? I enjoyed the first, though the co-op splitscreen play was quite buggy. I placed a late pre-order so I expect I'll have a copy sometime later this week; I picked it up for the Xbox360 though, and I don't believe it supports cross-platform play. Still, if anyone else around here gets the console edition, could be fun to get some co-op in sometime.
Stormseeker
Orc Champion

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by Stormseeker »

*sings* Aint no rest for the wicked

Nope not yet,but enjoyed the first one.
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

Any improvements over the first one?

I got bored at about level 30 in BL1 and gave up. It felt deserted and very formulaic in that the opposition were always tuned to present exactly the same level of threat throughout and all weapons and armour found were also procedurally created to match your current level (+/- one or two). The levelling system itself made on-going co-op game play hard because falling behind the rest of the group by only a few levels, i.e., only one modest length session, made most encounters too hard to take on unless you took time out to catch up in level through solo play. (A few levels above a threat level made the encounters mind numbingly easy but a few levels short made them super-headsplittingly-mega-hard.) The game also feels like they gave up doing all of the cool mini-intros and interesting characters from the early part of the game for the middle parts. I loved the art direction of #1 and the amusing presentation of characters (at least in the early part of the game) but the middling level drudgery really bogged me down and put me off going any further - I left my three other mates to play on without me. Oh, and the Sniper rifles were super, super broken; they were by far the most effective weapons for any of the three characters. The thing that really yanked my plank was that the hit detection on the PC version was so bad that you needed to leave the nanny-aim on otherwise 1/3rd of all hits wouldn't stick (and rockets never hit with free aim, you had to aim at the scenery to make them explode on contact); nanny-aim on a PC game, I ask you. *sigh* ;)

I've read that #2 improves some of the above but nowt like hearing feedback from anyone who has actually played it.
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

sigh, another game everyone will be playing that I can't afford.

kill me
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

maxcell wrote:kill me
Do I get to keep your loot?

Though it can't be much judging by the first comment... :chin:
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Stormseeker
Orc Champion

Post by Stormseeker »

lol his loot may be like mine and have leans and morgages against all of it. Plus my loot comes with 2 cats,3dogs,4 girls,and wife who throws elbows to my face in her sleep.
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Stormseeker wrote:lol his loot may be like mine and have leans and morgages against all of it. Plus my loot comes with 2 cats,3dogs,4 girls,and wife who throws elbows to my face in her sleep.
He just gets me.
fluffmonster
Haste Bear

Post by fluffmonster »

I got a start on pc version tonight. Interface looks more polished and the multiplayer connectivity looks better integrated. Will be giving it a serious session with the kids this weekend.
Built: TSM (nwn2) Shining Scroll and Map House (proof anyone can build!)
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

My copy apparently will arrive on Thursday, looking forward to checking it out.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

I am going to wait and see. The original had absolutely no replay value for me after completing it in a multiplayer playthrough with my housemate of the time and I do not have that luxury at the moment.