Mod 6.0 Bug Reports

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Droomi
Skeleton's Knuckle

Re: Mod 6.0 Bug Reports

Post by Droomi »

The following is a list of observations that I've come across throughout my time playing a druid in WD. It includes some issues of spells that are not working as intended and some guesses as to why that might be. Also, I included some features that exist in both NWN EE and D&D 3.5 SRD, but are not listed the same. I know Stoneskin was modified to match SRD instead of NWN, so these additional items could be considered to follow suit.

Bugs:

-Magic Fang/Greater Magic Fang - ALFA modified spell no longer works on any creatures (animal companions, summoned creatures, AE dominated or bridled creates, etc.) presumably because the spell was modified when ALFA used the equipable "claws" and "bite" items on creatures, and the spell was meant to target that. Reverting to the original NWN spell may fix it.
-Camouflage - Duration says 10 Turns/level. It does not last that long.
-Calm Animals - Doesn't say "RP only" in description, but does not appear to have any in-game effect on animals.
-Awaken does not work at all. The NWN spell is designed to work only on the NWN animal companions. It does not recognize ALFA's modified animal companions as qualifying creatures. However, the 3.5 SRD Awaken works on *all* plants and animals, so a modified spell that works on any of the druid's creatures would be in line with canon.

NWN vs. 3.5 SRD

Possible Changes to Druid Spell List - It is said that Stoneskin was moved from 4th level to 5th level due to SRD. The following are additional existing spells in NWN EE that are either not on the druid spell list but included on the 3.5 SRD druid spell list, or they occur at a different spell level than the 3.5 SRD druid spell list. 

-2nd Level - Endurance, Cat's Grace, and Owl's Wisdom are not NWN Druid Spells but are 3.5 SRD Druid Spells
-4th Level - Ice Storm is a 4th level spell in 3.5 SRD but 5th level in NWN. This is an opposite but identical issue as the Stoneskin modification.
-I don't know the NWN/ALFA druid spell lists for 6+ so I can update as I learn them.

-Skills - 3.5 SRD Druids have Listen and Spot as class skills, NWN Druids do not.

I'm not complaining or demanding that anyone rebuild the ALFA druid from the ground up. This is just a complete list of data so we have it. If some spells can get fixed because of it, all the better.
Current PCs: Caliope, Birdsong, Bjolan Agnarr, and Maximorticus Vanpewter Rubblebottom the Sixteenth.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Call lightning should be 3d6 max damage by srd rather than nwn d6/level.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Gaia_Nostra
Brown Bear

Post by Gaia_Nostra »

Bad STRREF

Castle Ward: Balthorr's Rare & Wondrous Treasures

Weapons tab of store inventory shows two goblets, both have a bad Strref.

If the enemy is an ass and a fool and a rating
coxcomb, is it meet, think you, that we should also,
look you, be an ass and a fool and a prating
coxcomb? in your own conscience, now?

Former Characters:
(Silverymoon): Q’arq Olafstenza Fry
(Waterdeep/Daggerford): Angus Porter, Cleric of Torm (aka the Slipshod Sergeant)
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

In WD the following city area maps are not auto shown after reading the city map (so they still have the fog of war)
  • 3W
  • 2M
  • 2C
  • 1R
Also...
  • In 2M there is a map pin that marks "Mermaid Arms" as a destination, but has no entry.
  • In 1S there is no AT to get into the house of inspired hands
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

While brewing, creating an Acid Breath potion will take a stack of 10 acid flasks instead of 1.
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Hi folks, in Shadowdeep, the Moon Door on the Middle East Wall of Southern Ward 3P doesn't seem to work. It flashed and made the happy Moon Door sound when Sarenna touched it (both sides), but it did not port her back to the Material Plane. I have a picture I can send you of its location if you need it.
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Bug on Armor Crafting ...

JMecha's description from the scripting states, for Masterwork Racial Bonuses:

Some Racial perks
d100 is rolled + Craft Armor Ranks and if you beat a 70 the Armor will either grant....

If Dwarf Damage Reduction 5
If Elf Arcane Spell Failure Reduction ((More Details to come))
If Gnome Cast Improved Invisablity Daily
If Half Elf Rapid Shot Feat
If Halfling Universal Saves Bonus
If Half-Orc +1d6 Sneak Attack
If Human + Skill Bonus

Human Racial Bonus is broken if you pop the same skill. The added skill bonus does not stack. For example, Cornelius made a large shield which popped the initial skill bonus plus the racial bonus. Both bonuses ended up being swim bonus. They were both +2 and they do not stack. See screen shots:

Description of crafted shield:

Swim skill without shield, no armor.

Swim skill with shield, no armor:
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Troll hunter gives no XP

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

@Cleasor,
Is the double listing of the bonus actually supposed to net you +4 total? If not, the +2 is probably offset by the -2 ACP

-Question (not sure if it's a bug) - does the temple of Gond no longer offer resonators for sale? Could not find one to purchase for them to fulfill quest given at the Crawling Spider

- Diloontier's Apothecary seems tagged as an outdoor area (or else he's got a heck of a leak in his roof).

- Lastly, my character finished the K's graffiti quest for Adventurers Guild, got the 100xp reward. The next time I talked to Vana, she offered the quest again. I was told to post about this in bug thread.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun May 1 19:33:55] Vana Swift: Did you find the Writings?
Vana Swift: [Talk] Did you find the Writings?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun May 1 19:33:57] Cael Thoranson: I have
[rick7475] Cael Thoranson: [Talk] I have
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun May 1 19:33:57] Vana Swift: Then congradulations and welcome to the Guild! *she smiles sweetly*
Vana Swift: [Talk] Then congradulations and welcome to the Guild! *she smiles sweetly*
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun May 1 19:34:08] Vana Swift: Did you find the Writings?
Vana Swift: [Talk] Did you find the Writings?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun May 1 19:34:10] Azaoril: I have
[Ithildur] Azaoril: [Talk] I have
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun May 1 19:34:10] Vana Swift: Then congradulations and welcome to the Guild! *she smiles sweetly*
Vana Swift: [Talk] Then congradulations and welcome to the Guild! *she smiles sweetly*
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun May 1 19:34:10] Experience Points Gained: 100

Vana Swift: [Talk] If you want to become a member of the Adventurer's Guild's greater community, congratulations! Consider yourself one of us. Feel free to have a drink or several in the lounge and make use of the crafting stations available here to practice your craft. If you want to actually join the Guild though and take up residency you are going to need to accomplish a Quest! *She grins briefly like a shark* Not a task mind you, but a Quest for Knowledge through dangerous and unwelcoming terrain that will test your willingness to go where others will not, and your ablity to partner up with others to work together to accomplish what you might not be able to accomplish alone. Still interested in actually joining the Adventurer's Guild?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Mon May 2 19:50:28] Azaoril: A Quest? What is this Quest?
[Ithildur] Azaoril: [Talk] A Quest? What is this Quest?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Mon May 2 19:50:29] Vana Swift: Within the Rat Hills, Korsan Blackmane has left a message carved into the stone, and if you can find it, read it, and return here to repeat it, you will have shown you are not only willing but also able to adventurer into danger and return. This is what we are looking for in membership. Do you accept this Quest for Knowledge?
Vana Swift: [Talk] Within the Rat Hills, Korsan Blackmane has left a message carved into the stone, and if you can find it, read it, and return here to repeat it, you will have shown you are not only willing but also able to adventurer into danger and return. This is what we are looking for in membership. Do you accept this Quest for Knowledge?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Scribed scrolls of Protection from Alignment (wizard): when Ril attempted to use scroll scribed by himself, the scroll required a UMD check (which he autofails since UMD is not available to a ftr/wiz in NWN). Also, the scrolls seem to have no cost component when scribing (so at least this experiment did not cost him anything other than a spellslot - and the blank scroll - the outrage!).

Multiple tries yielded same results.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt