Mod 6.0 Bug Reports

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Senor T
Ogre

Re: Mod 6.0 Bug Reports

Post by Senor T »

All my new toons (4 since allowed) begin on the old toon side of the gate in the start area just as my old toon does immediately after creation. There is nothing else odd about it. It’s just as if they’ve always existed. They don’t start elsewhere then port or anything. They just start on the other side away from the customizer area and the chests like all old toons. I can’t think of any other details to add.
Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

Senor T wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:42 am
All my new toons (4 since allowed) begin on the old toon side of the gate in the start area just as my old toon does immediately after creation. There is nothing else odd about it. It’s just as if they’ve always existed. They don’t start elsewhere then port or anything. They just start on the other side away from the customizer area and the chests like all old toons. I can’t think of any other details to add.
Everyone "starts" in the same spot. What happens when you step forward?

I'll eventually combine the scripts for the persistent location when that gets working correctly.
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Senor T
Ogre

Post by Senor T »

I did hit Trap Triggered but nothing happened. Apparently if you keep moving after Trap Triggered it doesn't work, which I must have done. If you wait to be Trapped then apparently you are sent back. I haven't had the time to test this yet.

If this is the case though as I suspect, I'd suggest a more newbie-proof system.
Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
Senor T
Ogre

Post by Senor T »

More of a new featured request, but as ayergo thought this was fixed, posting here.

Improved Invisibility Potions do not stack. All I've tested so far.

I would like to request custom brewable potions and basic ingredients be stackable to 10. This would include Improved Invisibility and Breath Weapon Potions at least, maybe Form Stability also. Ingredients: coldstones, ichor, skeleton knuckles, fire beetle bellies, dead lightning bugs.

Sorry, don't have time to compile a comprehensive list atm, this is just what's on top of my head. If someone could help with that I'd appreciate it.
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

Senor T wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:11 pm
I did hit Trap Triggered but nothing happened. Apparently if you keep moving after Trap Triggered it doesn't work, which I must have done. If you wait to be Trapped then apparently you are sent back. I haven't had the time to test this yet.

If this is the case though as I suspect, I'd suggest a more newbie-proof system.
Pretty sure this is fixed but needs more testing please.
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

While walking through the Adventurer's Quarter I saw this line pop up in the Combat Window.
Not sure if the other player's logged into the server caused it or not.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Clearwater Caravan to and from the Mines does not actually charge characters the 10GP mentioned in the conversation.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Cleric Rachel Arren conversation for resurrect dead drains all gold from a Character's Inventory, and then does not cast the spell.
Ethbaal
Dire Badger

Post by Ethbaal »

Areas that do not provide XP for exploration:

1) 4-I(eye): Southward Gate
2) The High Road South
3) South Sea Wall: 4Q
4) The Long Road: 1E
Droomi
Skeleton's Knuckle

Post by Droomi »

Caravan to mining camp and back to caravan start do not take any gp from you.
Current PCs: Caliope, Birdsong, Bjolan Agnarr, and Maximorticus Vanpewter Rubblebottom the Sixteenth.
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Sea Ward 1Y .. Can't Enter House of Hero's through front door.. Walkmesh issue.. have to sneak in back door :/
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

The third quest out of Dripping Dagger sends one to the wrong gate. It should be the Troll Gate.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 05:58:34] Filiare: Hello! Welcome to the Dripping Dagger, what can I do for you?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 05:58:36] Steel Lewis: Let's talk about work.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 05:58:36] Filiare: All right, enough errand-running. I need you to do me a real favor.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 05:58:37] Filiare: I've received an urgent message from a runner that the hired guard for a caravan ended up betraying the caravan and pillaging many of the caravan's goods.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 05:58:39] Filiare: The caravan's chief wants someone to meet up with him and get the goods back. Are you up for it?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 05:58:40] Steel Lewis: Certainly.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 05:58:40] Filiare: Most excellent. Exit the city through the North Gate and take the High Road until you intersect them. Make haste!
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Consider moving the merchant within the New Olamn college to inside the library so only members have access. As is, I'm not sure membership is worth the 800 gp dues. This at least would incentivize membership as the merchant has some very nice bardic items for sale.
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Jhasper Goldtoes in the Font of Knowledge responds like he has books to sell, but his inventory contains none. Norfin at the New Olamn directs players to the Font of Knowledge as one of the sources to find the required books.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 06:26:00] Norfin Be'dwa: Well, don't be mad, but there's a long list of reading I suggest. The entire "A Look at Waterdeep" series... "Languages of Toril"... "Tespergates"... "History of the Lords of Waterdeep"... and "Trade in Faerun."
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 06:26:14] Steel Lewis: That's a lot of books. I assume I can find them here?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 06:26:14] Norfin Be'dwa: Er, no. Actually, many of our books have been stolen... these included. I figured I'd use this as an opportunity to get the books back, as well as getting you to read them.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 06:26:24] Steel Lewis: And where might I find them?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Thu Apr 30 06:26:24] Norfin Be'dwa: There are two suppliers of books in town: The Font of Knowledge in the Castle Ward, and Serpentil Books & Folios in the Dock Ward. I'm sure everything you need can be found in those places.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri May 1 05:08:29] Jhasper Goldtoes: Welcome to the Great Library, seeker of knowledge. Are you looking for a book?
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri May 1 05:08:36] Steel Lewis: Yes. Can you show me something interesting.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri May 1 05:08:36] Jhasper Goldtoes: Very well... I'll show you a few new arrivals that caught my eye.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Lighting Bug Queen is not dropping a Loot Note.