The Waterdeep Lost and Found

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

The Waterdeep Lost and Found

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Hi everyone,

A version of the server that still has the old pstorage data is up and running currently, so that if you wish to retrieve any of your lost items from before the most recent NWN EE update you may do so.

You will need to log in to the old server, which is running version beta build 8186, and load up your inventory with whatever you want to transfer. Wait at least TEN MINUTES and then log into the updated server and unload your precious treasures into your pstorage.

You will need to change your version of the game to build 8186 to log in to the old server, and then change it back to the updated version to log back onto the current updated one.

To change the version, right click on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library, and select Properties. Click on the Betas tab, and select Build 8186 in the 'Select which beta you would like to opt into' menu. Your game should then load the appropriate files. When it is finished, log in and load up. When you are ready, log off and in the same Steam Library menu select 'NONE - Opt out of all beta programs'. Remember to wait at least TEN MINUTES before logging into the updated server to transfer your stuff. If you're a hoarder (like me!) you can make multiple trips to get all the goods; just repeat the process as described above.

A big thank you to ayergo for saving all our bits and bobs and setting up the Lost and Found for us. Much appreciated!

Peter
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: The Waterdeep Lost and Found

Post by ayergo »

Glad its all working out and thanks for the writeup!
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Gaia_Nostra
Brown Bear

Post by Gaia_Nostra »

Peter_Abelard wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:11 pm
To change the version, right click on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library, and select Properties. Click on the Betas tab, and select Build 8186 in the 'Select which beta you would like to opt into' menu.
I'm old and under the weather, so I can't find the location that you are mentioning. Do you have a screen shot or two to help me pin point where I need to be?
If the enemy is an ass and a fool and a rating
coxcomb, is it meet, think you, that we should also,
look you, be an ass and a fool and a prating
coxcomb? in your own conscience, now?

Former Characters:
(Silverymoon): Q’arq Olafstenza Fry
(Waterdeep/Daggerford): Angus Porter, Cleric of Torm (aka the Slipshod Sergeant)
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

Gaia_Nostra wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:44 am
Peter_Abelard wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:11 pm
To change the version, right click on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library, and select Properties. Click on the Betas tab, and select Build 8186 in the 'Select which beta you would like to opt into' menu.
I'm old and under the weather, so I can't find the location that you are mentioning. Do you have a screen shot or two to help me pin point where I need to be?
GAIA!! Great to see you around! We have a ton of new amazing systems you might like.
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Hi GN! I sent some pictures to your Discord ID that should hopefully help, assuming you have access still. Let me know if you need more info.

Peter
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor