The Farranson Smithy Shoppe

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Magile
Otyugh

The Farranson Smithy Shoppe

Post by Magile »

Although the shoppe in question is less of a physical creation and more of a mental manifestation of one's desires and dreams living solely within a singular dwarf, Ivar Farranson has decided to open up his wares to the public for those who are looking to empty their pockets in exchange for goods crafted by the famed smithy of Waterdeep. If an individual happens to have trade bars they wish to part with, or gems that may be weighing their packs down, Ivar Farranson is more than willing to take them off your hands.

Commission Status: Currently Not Accepting Orders

Head Protection
  • [Hood]Mk.0 "Iron" Hood (DR 5/+1, 80% of Weight) 5,000gp
  • [Hood]Mk.0 "Iron" Angel (DR 5/+1, Negative Energy Resist 10/-, Fortitude +1, 80% of Weight) 15,000gp
  • [Hood]Prototype "Might(ier) (Strength +1, 80% of Weight) 1,000gp
  • [Helmet]Prototype "Tough" (Constitution +1, 80% of Weight) 1,000gp
Armor
  • [Clothes]Mk.0 "Iron" Seraph (Constitution +1, DR 5/+1, Negative Energy Resist 10/-, 80% of Weight, Neutral Only) 15,000gp
  • [Clothes]Prototype "Nimble" (Piercing Resistance 5/-, Fortitude +1, Feat: Mobility, 80% of Weight) 5,000gp
Shields
  • [Tower]Shieldwall (AC+1) 1,000gp
Accessories
  • [Gloves]Toughen Up (Constitution +1, Piercing Damage +2, 80% of Weight) 1,000gp

Note: Ivar would gladly prefer to trade his items for gems. Below are what each gems are worth, which is base value from a shop. He does not consider the reselling price of the gems as their worth -- so you can get more out of gems than expected.
Gem Trade Worth wrote:
  • Malachite = 5gp
  • Fire Agate = 10gp
  • Phenalope = 20gp
  • Aventurine = 20gp
  • Amethyst = 20gp
  • Small Ruby = 50gp
  • Small Garnet = 50gp
  • Fluorspar = 50gp
  • Garnet = 125gp
  • Alexandrite = 150gp
  • Small Topaz = 175gp
  • Topaz = 250gp
  • Small Sapphire = 400gp
  • Sapphire = 1,000gp
  • Fire Opal = 1,500gp
  • Diamond = 2,000gp
  • Ruby = 3,000gp
  • Emerald = 4,000gp
Negotiation on items are possible; however, Ivar is very stalwart on what he believes prices should and should not be on his creations. He is not buying anything from potential vendors and merchants who may approach him with ingots, ores or gemstones. This is strictly his wares for your trade bars or gems, with refunds being non-negotiable.
Last edited by Magile on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: The Farranson Smithy Shoppe

Post by ayergo »

Those are some good items and good prices.
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Curious over the demand for metal-embedded clothes, Ivar Farranson has updated the shoppe's inventory to accommodate for those who prefer the looser garments.
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Akivaria
Orc Champion

Post by Akivaria »

*looks up at the sign*

*scratches chin quizzically*

*looks around*

"S'anyone wanna tell 'im 'e spelled 'shop' incorrec'ly?"
"This is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Current PC: Alora Tuffet-Hopper, foul-mouthed and irreverent bard
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Akivaria wrote:*looks up at the sign*

*scratches chin quizzically*

*looks around*

"S'anyone wanna tell 'im 'e spelled 'shop' incorrec'ly?"

Tis within artistic limits of archaic spelling practices . . .
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Many come to peruse his wares, noting the exhaustive craftsmanship poured into each and every article of clothing and armor. Although noting is not necessarily purchasing, with more and more folks explaining how their pockets remain nearly empty due to the current economic hurdles that have blindsided much of Waterdeep. Ivar Farranson, ahead of the curve, tends to point to the sign regarding the values of gemstones.

"I ain't needin' only coin, if that be what ye lack. I be more than willin' ta trade fer gemstones of all kinds, s'long as tha total we agree upon be right with tha sign I be hangin' alongside me goods. Many folks be holdin' onta gems an wishin' ta sell 'em for mere coppers, whar I be offerin' ta trade me wares fer what they be worth -- thar full golden price."

(( Tradebars and Golden Dragons are all well and good, but Ivar has always conducted a lot of his trade around gems. If you see an item, and wish to negotiate a price, gems may be the better avenue. A shop may buy a Sapphire for 360gp, but Ivar values that Sapphire at its base price of 1,000gp! ))
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

The shoppe, which is less of a physical creation and more of a mental manifestation of one's desires and dreams living solely within a singular dwarf, of Ivar Farranson has decided to reappear with his wares for those who are looking to empty their pockets in exchange for goods crafted by the famed smithy of Waterdeep. If an individual happens to have trade bars they wish to part with, or gems that may be weighing their packs down, Ivar Farranson is more than willing to take them off your hands once again.