Wanted: Sturdy Adventurers for Amazing Adventure

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Magile
Otyugh

Wanted: Sturdy Adventurers for Amazing Adventure

Post by Magile »

It was another evening to dread being a tavern owner. The boorish dwarf [and self-proclaimed famous smithy] had begun his conquest to declare his thoughts and intentions to all who could hear him, whether 'dive' or 'nobby', for there was adventure waiting on the horizon. There was fortune to be found, surely, but the true prize began with an F. The answer isn't 'friendship'.

He was huffing, already mid-way through his sales pitch. "It be a place that nae one be goin' ta! Some be survivin' tha place, but thar must be somethin' that be missed! It be tae dangerous ta think it be simply... dangerous!" The obvious was always too obvious to Ivar Farranson, son of Bolgar, grandson of Boldur and descendant of Farran Ironbreaker. The obvious was always up to something fishy, acting like a decoy from something more than obvious. Something... obviouser? The word was unimportant to him.

"But I ain't lookin' fer folk that be assumin' tha glory be in death, or that this be simple fer others be doin' yer work." Beady, dark eyes peered over a bulbous, pimpled nose at no one in particular, but at least one patron felt the need to cough and look away. "I be needin' warriors. I be needin' scouts. I be needin' tha divine an tha arcane. Make na mistake - I be lookin' fer those prepared and ready fer tha trek. Thar be no hand-holdin' an singin' joyous songs of friendship an companions. This be us needin' ta survive wanderin' inta an inferno an comin' out alive."

The dramatic pause allowed Ivar to slowly step down from the table and make a few steps toward the door. Patrons began to stir and drunks began to murmur, the shifting of metal plates, chains and tankards slowly adding to the atmosphere. It was time for the finale, and he knew it.

"Oh," the unshapely man's head turned ever so slightly, "an if ye dinnae hear it tha first time. We be goin' deeper inta Yintros ta unearth whatever be down thar. I be waitin' fer yer response." As he continued to walk away, he hoped he had done things right. He was business-minded. He had a lot of places left to attend. But something in the back of his mind suggested that he hadn't actually mentioned the location earlier in the evening, taking away the dramatic moment he had built so spectacularly through his speech. Then again, given the individuals in that particular place, he had to hope they would remember anything at all.

(( Looking for a party to tempt fate and do Lower Yintros. Levels 6 - 8 would be best. The group will have limited space, and everyone is expected to have preparations and consumables ready for the trip - and to use them on everyone to ensure survival of the group. ))
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Wanted: Sturdy Adventurers for Amazing Adventure

Post by Peter_Abelard »

A worthy quest folks. Make it happen. It’ll take prep, but the benefits go beyond Yintros. Like the flightless says, gotta spend xp to make xp. The Siren won’t be going, but if you need any help packing, let her know.
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

Ryld would like to go. :-)
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Lorrin is in for frontline rank.

May the firey denizens of lower Yintros show those who venture the greatness of He the Firelord! yeehaw
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

We should probably talk about durable fire protection gear.

-Bill

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

In the summer travel swing. I am out of the mix tonight. Going to at the cabin.
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Duck One wrote:In the summer travel swing. I am out of the mix tonight. Going to at the cabin.
This has no set date yet, but Hudol Rhyfelwr would be welcome to join. That would make the group:

Ivar Farranson
Lorrin Bloodling
Ryld Elf-name
Hudol Rhyfelwr

As long as people have forms of Fire Protection (and lots of it, as we will lose it quickly), Potions of Speed to close the gaps, and Potions of Frost-Breathing to handle big waves, we should be alright. If we can get some Wands on Ryld and Hudol, that'll help with any extra healing Ryld will need. If he stays ranged and the rest are bum rushing the fireballers, we could possibly make it work.

The big thing that everyone keeps saying, IC and OOC, is that this place is just chaos. You need to be quick without panicking and things have to be deleted fast.
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

You'll want a wand of CMW or better in the hands of a more alert healer than Ryld, his alter ego/driver gets tunnel vision.
Rope Template / Elero into this. :-)

-Bill

ravin
Brown Bear

Post by ravin »

Wren and md will be glad to go, health and emotional stability permitting
Current PC:Wren Bluefeather
Finnea Chaestina

<Maxcell> as I was saying, nobody steps on a virtual crotch like Ravin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

ravin wrote:Wren and md will be glad to go, health and emotional stability permitting
Alright. I'd like to do the run sometime this week, evening hours if possible for folks but I can adjust depending on what time people are available.

Can all interested parties respond with the days that they can play, along with the times? If it's possible, please adjust the times to be PST, CST or EST (as I believe most folks interested fall under these categories).

I'm also going to say this right now: Ivar Farranson went into Lower Yintros alone. He doesn't remember how far he got, or even how he woke up outside of the place. He believes it may have been a dream or a vision from his god, and thus he has learned how the place works... and it is deadly. I stress this, you must be very prepared for this run.
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

Ryld will be happy to go after he acquires gear that will give him (and preferably others) a fighting chance to survive.
Unless lightning strikes in the form of willing crafters with time, he has no reason to believe he'll be ready to go this week.
Honestly, even if it's Guild-owned or otherwise loaned how about we kit the PCs out so there's a good likelihood of not having a funeral at the end of the day?
  • 1. He's currently working on getting an item enchanted to cast Protection from Elements (the 3rd level spell). Currently no firm date for when that will be. Possibly soon'ish.
    2. He's also be looking to acquire rubies to help with the production of cloaks or other wearables to resist fire damage. Alas, running out and buying one isn't an option due to the state of his bank account.

-Bill
Magile wrote:
ravin wrote:Wren and md will be glad to go, health and emotional stability permitting
Alright. I'd like to do the run sometime this week, evening hours if possible for folks but I can adjust depending on what time people are available.

Can all interested parties respond with the days that they can play, along with the times? If it's possible, please adjust the times to be PST, CST or EST (as I believe most folks interested fall under these categories).

I'm also going to say this right now: Ivar Farranson went into Lower Yintros alone. He doesn't remember how far he got, or even how he woke up outside of the place. He believes it may have been a dream or a vision from his god, and thus he has learned how the place works... and it is deadly. I stress this, you must be very prepared for this run.

Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Ivar Farranson, son of Bolgar, grandson of Boldur and descendant of Farran Ironbreaker chose to follow the visions he was granted by Clangeddin Silverbeard. He worked the forges to near exhaustion to bend the materials to what he felt would adequately protect him in the depths of the fiery pits known as Yintros. As he stepped forward the flames licked and danced around him, yet no pain nor heat would penetrate the dwarf-forged armor. The odd beetle would its way through Ivar's hardened steel, getting the occasional bite or horn stab, but he shrugged through the pain to pursue further in. Eventually, he landed upon what could be the source of disruption.
Spoiler:
And he promptly slew it. He gathered what items he could from the rubble surrounding the platforms, rubbing off soot and ash; however, it will take time for him to look over the few artifacts he may have found mixed in with the muck and grime. At the end of the day, he accomplished this alone (with the guidance of the Wyrmslayer), but he does not give up on the dream of taking a group through it all to properly investigate the location.