Vansa Hunting, Part II

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Senor T
Ogre

Re: Vansa Hunting, Part II

Post by Senor T »

Earlier hopefully. Today was much less fun than last night. :coffee:
Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

OK...Tuesday night it is (sorry Cleasor.)

Here is how it is going to go down:

1. I will set up the Shrouded Vault as closely as I can to when Vansa appeared last night.
2. All participants (including the bad guys) will be fully rested and buffed.
3. I am trusting players to not go out and get additional consumables. Please arrive with what you had deep in that dungeon.
4. You will all be positioned where you were within a square or two.
5. Vansa will show up (hostile at the start this time :oops: ) and try to kill you all and vice versa.

Pretty clear, I think.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Tuesday at 7pm PST. Yes.
Enjoy the game
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Best of luck everyone.
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Good Luck everyone.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

Work complications. I am 50/50. Blame the inneficiecies of the federal government
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Duck One wrote:Work complications. I am 50/50. Blame the inneficiecies of the federal government

I will.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Senor T
Ogre

Post by Senor T »

No chance we can get this moving before 10pm eastern is there? Pete?
Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
SCI-kick
Gelatinous Cube

Post by SCI-kick »

Gank the Skank Tuesday !!!!
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

I’m hoping to make it earlier. If we all can then absolutely, let’s roll. I’ll do my best!
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

Hate to stoke optimism, but things have been falling into place. Still a long way to go. I'd say 60/40 now.
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Falling in place like a stake to a vamp’s cold cold heart. Need ya, Holy roller!
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Axl is in! Stake ready for Vansa heart! :shotgun:
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

So (Mick) what is the official line on Vansa? I know she escaped but should we expect the plot to continue in the near future or ICly should we consider the Vampire threat thwarted or at least allayed for the time being? i.e. can folk go out at night again? I understand if you don't want to make any kind of announcement on this, but if you do it would help for planning purposes.

And thanks so very much for an amazing storyline, with an amazing, challenging, interesting and thoroughly evil villain. I lost four PCs to Vansa or because of her (Mael, Adam, Morgan, Axl) and would not have wanted it any other way. Mael defied her and her Geas. Although he died to Dragon Cultists, he was hunting them to prepare for vengeance on her. Adam was killed by one of her undead minions while attempting to retake the Font that she defiled. Morgan was killed while confronting her directly, and Axl while doing what he could to help the heroes put an end to her. You can say it was 4-0 Vansa, but to me each death was meaningful, each added to the overall story, and each time I had the opportunity to spit in the face of evil and have a boatload of fun doing so. Thanks for a great campaign, whether it ends now, temporarily, or continues.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Vansa has gone quiet. She fled to parts unknown to lick her wounds. Night is probably safer, although random encounters with vampires at night may become a thing moving forward.

Some PCs are planning some follow-up actions to learn what is going on with Vansa, which may reveal much..or very little.

OOCly, Vansa is still somewhere out there and may make another appearance, but it will not be any time soon. I have other stories/plots I would like to get going before I would want to revisit vampires.

I did not plan ahead of time for her escape. I expected her to be destroyed (which would have happened if you guys had been an hour earlier) or that she and her minions would kill you all (which I thought less likely.) Escape was only contemplated after you guys demonstrated how tough you were and she was able to evade long enough for her to rethink just how badly she wanted you guys dead. She was almost out of her best spells and it seemed prudent for her to flee. Really well executed assault by the PCs, I thought.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?