Interview with a Vampire

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Wynna
Dungeon Master

Interview with a Vampire

Post by Wynna »

*Note delivered to Lodge, Company and Order, on fine parchment, with the watermark of the Font of Knowledge*

Last night, we received a visitor at the Font of Knowledge. First came a parishioner in distress, who had in turn been sent by a person described as a child who could not enter the temple grounds. (1). The child had given her name as Iarwynn and requested that Seeker Gardner meet with her outside.

Iarwynn being the name of one of the missing children, Seeker Gardner accepted the meeting. (2)

Upon exiting the Font with all relevant protections in place, the Seeker was indeed greeted by the ambulatory mortal remains of one of the missing children from Helm's Hall. A visual examination revealed outward physical markers of vampirus nosferatu. Unexpectedly, the vampiric spawn displayed emotional signal of distress regarding its current state of existence. It seemed to have snuck out on its own to find Seeker Gardner, as Seeker Gardner was aware of the child having done through the windows of the orphanage in life. (3)

Before the vampire spawn was laid to rest by the means of the Searing Light of Oghma's Truth, the Seeker spoke with it, to seek what intelligence could be gained. Several points of information were gleaned that are herewith shared with you all. To avoid editorializing, what follows is a reconstructed transcript including body language of the germane parts of the interview. Discussion and interpretation should follow this raw intelligence, as soon as all parties are able to convene.

Binder's Blessings,

Clarianna Gardner
Seeker of Oghma

[Seeker G] Once upon a time there was a brave and clever little girl. Her name was Iarwynn.
[Vampire I] *closes her eyes, leaning head on her shoulder*
[Seeker G] Iarwynn had a big adventure
[Seeker G] Sometimes, when one is in them, adventures don't seem all that great. They are scary, and filled with rats and bats and a scary lady.
[Vampire I] *snuggles up closer*
[Seeker G] Do you have any scary ladies in your adventure? Iarwynn?
[Vampire I] She's mean
[Seeker G] Is she? You know what a story needs? An adventure story? A location.
[Vampire I] And 'm always thirsty
[Seeker G] Tell me about where your adventure takes place, Iarwynn? Is is close to here? Did you find me easily?
[Vampire I] *shakes head* no.....was hard. But people helped me
[Seeker G] How long did it take you to get here?
[Vampire I] Long time
[Seeker G] Did you come by any big famous buildings?
[Vampire I] Came through the graveyard
[Seeker G] Or the Market? You always liked markets, with all those people.
[Vampire I] Scared me
[Seeker G] Oh, the graveyard. Did you pass any pretty monuments?
[Vampire I] Was close to that tall one
[Seeker G] What tall one, child?
[Vampire I] Don' know. The big tall one
[Seeker G] Is that where you found your way out of where the mean lady is? Is it near the mean lady?
[Vampire I] *nods*
[Seeker G] Next to the mean lady? Right next to her?
[Vampire I] *shrugs*
[Seeker G] Are the other children there? *Looks up at the sky briefly to note that dawn approaches and time grows short.
[Vampire I] Most of 'em
[Seeker G] How many of her friends are with her? Grown ups like her, mean ones?
[Vampire I] A /bunch/
[Seeker G] Is it deep underground?
[Vampire I] 's dark
[Seeker G] Did you have to climb way way up? Dark. I imagine.
[Vampire I] Not /too/ far up
[Seeker G] Iarwynn....you know I love you, don't you?
[Seeker G] *Tightens arm around the child
[Vampire I] *snuggles closer*
[Seeker G] *Picks up holy water and transfers it to hand around child
[Vampire I] Wish you had got me....'stead a her
[Seeker G] I wish I had, too.

--INTERVIEW ENDS--

(1) Please note that the restored sanctity of the Font seems to be confirmed.
(2) Debates on the wisdom of this course may be held outside of Seeker Gardner's sphere of attention. You were not there and the decision had to be made.
(3) No, I never told Kiber. Children will be children.
Enjoy the game