THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF MORGAN THANE

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

In a sealed envelope among his belongings is found the following:

If you are reading this it means that I, Morgan Thane, son of Travis Thane, of the Knights of the Eternal Order, have passed on to my Lord Kelemvor's realm. I pray that my passing was in furtherance of my Lord's duty, and that I have accounted myself worthy to stand by his side. From the moment we are born we begin to die. Only the gods are immortal. Death is a natural part of life. I have never feared death. Do not mourn me. Remember me, as those who live should remember and honor all of the fallen.

I ask that my remains be sent to one Morn the Smith in Baldur's Gate. He will know how to contact my family and my Order, and will see that I am laid to rest in Iriaebor my home. I have set aside sufficient funds among my belongings to pay for this transport. I ask that you who read this, if you are of good heart, honor this last wish. My brother, Torgan, left Iriaebor as I did some years ago and never returned. I would spare my father the further pain of not knowing the fate of a son.

What gold remains after paying for this service I bequeath to the Adventurer's Lodge of Waterdeep. They have supported me since my arrival here, without request for recompense, and are a worthy and noble organization. I say to them all, do not fear the night, even though it may bring death, for death is not the end.

To Sir Hudol, my true friend in faith, I bequeath my Ring of the Crusader. May it protect you and bring you wisdom friend. Remember me and keep the faith.

To Wren, the Major Domo of the Lodge I leave my Ring of the Bull. I know I have caused you consternation but all I have ever sought to be is a strong arm to hold you up, and aid as best I can. Wear this when your strength falters and know that when good folk work together anything is possible.

The remainder of my effects, my armor and weapons and supplies, I leave to the Seekers, to be administered by Seeker Gardner for the use of those who seek to join her worthy cause. She once said to me she needed bodies not swords, and I ask again her understanding for my body is now gone to my Lord, according to my Oath, and blades and steel are all I have left to give. Keep these in your armory. Distribute them in your wisdom to those who earn the right to bear them. Look into their hearts and you will know.

In return for this final Tithe I ask the Seeker to scribe a letter to my father, describing for him the fall of his beloved son, and the actions leading to that fall, so that he may judge whether I have lived as one worthy to bear his name.

Farewell friends. Courage.

Morgan Thane
Mick
Beholder

Re: THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF MORGAN THANE

Post by Mick »

Really nice. Thanks for playing a character who at every turn held fast to his beliefs, even though it cost him his mortal life. :D
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?