Dungeon Adventures (Inquire Within)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Magile
Otyugh

Dungeon Adventures (Inquire Within)

Post by Magile »

Do you step outside of your [insert location you feel safest during the night] at the first sight of dawn, hoping to take advantage of the daylight?
Do you yearn to help those partaking in dangerous quests, only to remember that you are not viewed as capable [yet]?
Do you wish to have a team of qualified adventurers that you can share in battles, tales and [most importantly, for some individuals] loot?

You may just qualify for an organized dungeon adventure!*

This thread is a new dedicated thread for organizing the adventures of characters who happen to be stronger than rats but weaker than ogres, vampires and other nasty beasts that we only wish we could hold a candle to. The concept of what we're doing is simple:
  1. We organize similar level folks for a good dungeon crawl.
  2. We all come prepared for the dungeon crawl through the common knowledge that has been passed down by adventurer to adventurer throughout the ages.
  3. We all come out [more or less] alive.
  4. We divide the loot evenly.
  5. We grow both in tactics, in roleplay and [the big one] in experience.
How do I know if qualify for this organized dungeon adventure?
Ask yourself these questions:
  1. Do the Rat Hills no longer thrill you?
  2. Do goblins, beetles and undead interest you?
  3. Do other adventurers have to hold your hand in dangerous scenarios involving vampires, ogres, plants and other mean manners of death?
  4. Do you want to accomplish something without having your hand held?
If you answered "Yes" to at least three of the four questions, you qualify! If you want to make sure you most definitely qualify, then click on the following for one final check:
Spoiler:
Levels 3 - 7, depending on location
This is just what I wanted! How do I get started?
A post shall follow with the available options we have and the known preparations to be made before heading out. The preparations are mentioned by Vana of the [formerly] Adventurer's Guild (now the Adventurer's Lodge) in the Adventurer's Quarter (are you noticing a pattern yet?). Outside of being prepared, please use this thread to schedule an adventure with other like-minded individuals.

All I ask is that you keep this thread simple. Post you are looking for something, perhaps specifying what you would like to do - if you feel comfortable, you may also post your level, but I would suggest anything such as that be tagged with a spoiler for those who do not wish to know those things. Try not to respond multiple times to a conversation unless it is absolutely necessary, as clutter will only cause confusion for those looking for a game.

The third post will constantly be updated to reflect groups that have organized for certain days. If you see a lot of activity in this thread but are unsure if there is something new or not, always check the third post.

*If you use this information to farm or exploit, you do so at your own peril. DMs do not appreciate constant farming.
Last edited by Magile on Fri May 17, 2019 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Magile
Otyugh

Re: Dungeon Adventures (Inquire Within)

Post by Magile »

Master Dungeon List
Spoiler:
Slime Caverns
  • It is highly recommended that you bring with you a form of resistance against all elements.
  • It is often advised to bring a blunt/bludgeoning weapon.
  • This can be a long-winding cavern with many dead ends. Travel carefully and remain together, as slimes can squeeze through the smallest of cracks
Blackwell Court
  • Fire is a much needed tool in combating the undead menace.
  • Holy Water can be the difference between victory and defeat when things are hectic.
Upper Sewers
  • Goblins roam in packs, much like adventurers. Even more roam when it's night!
  • There are more than goblins that lurk in the dark. Other creatures that prefer the dank darkness will be discovered if you venture deep enough.
  • The maze-like sewers should be handled in a very tactical and slow manner. The more you rush, the more danger you provoke!
  • There are secrets in the sewers, much like in any dungeon. Be warned - some secrets are best left unknown.
Upper Crypts
  • Fire is a much needed tool in combating the undead menace.
  • Holy Water can be the difference between victory and defeat when things are hectic.
  • Someone well-versed in removing traps is recommended.
  • Graves can be disturbed if you have someone handy with locks, but be warned - many do not appreciate this act.
Sea Caves
  • A strange fungus has taken over the caverns residing by the Temple of Umberlee.
  • It is highly recommended that you bring with you a form of resistance against all elements.
  • Be adept at swimming, or learn to hold your breath for a very long time. There may be ways of enhancing those abilities.
Upper Yintros
  • Seek out the history behind Yintros for a hint on finding this dungeon.
  • The skittering creatures within swarm without a moment's hesitation. Loose ranged weaponry with care!
Last edited by Magile on Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Current Planned Adventure(s)
Date: TBD
Time: TBD
Spoiler:
Participants:
Last edited by Magile on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

Ryld will be game.

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

edit: removed
Last edited by Magile on Wed May 29, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

Hudol would support such a foray if he other duties don't oblige him
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
ravin
Brown Bear

Post by ravin »

Wren and probably md would be willing to go but hazard caution
Current PC:Wren Bluefeather
Finnea Chaestina

<Maxcell> as I was saying, nobody steps on a virtual crotch like Ravin
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Lorrin is planning to go to Yintros as soon as possible.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

edit: removed
Last edited by Magile on Wed May 29, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

oh hell yay!
My timezone is GMT+8 (Magile, I think we figured that was exactly +12 hours from you?).
Well. I play twice a day every single day. My mornings, 6:30-7:30 (not enough for Yintros probly). And every night my time, after work and/or gym... for between 1-4 hours depending on how physically close the wife is to the divorce papers and a pen. But these days she's cool with it - and I have extra duct tape for emergencies. Visiting Yintros for my PC is an emergency. So that would be my time from 5:00pm to 6/7/8/9:00pm depending.

Weekends, I play 4-10 hours each both Saturday and Sunday morning until afternoon, which is my time, which is most people's Friday and Saturday nights, which is why i lurk among the sidelines or can join in during everyone's "Friday death days!", etc.

I'm also not in a major rush, whenever i'm on I will just "check" with whoever else is on who I think might want to go? That's usually how i've done it for 16 years.
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

I have thursday off, which is weird. I would not mind a dungeon crawl if folks are available in that time frame.
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

This is the place to be for mid level pcs, the right alternative and balance to scikicks higher level group.
Great stuff magile. Sign me up.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Still interested in Yintros!

(Level 1 done)
Last edited by Galadorn on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

I'll be available Friday afternoon (EST) after my car gets out of the shop. (June 1st)

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

I believe Lorrin was able to get his adventure going over the weekend. Therefore,

As of this post, there is currently nothing planned.

If you want to get something organized, you may post suggestions and begin setting up again.