DONT BREAK THE LAW - Animal Permits

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Rumple C
Bard

DONT BREAK THE LAW - Animal Permits

Post by Rumple C »

Look what I found at the castle. How to make your companion/familiar legal. If its not on the list, probably illegal without special permission.

12.August.2015: Never forget.
Rumple C
Bard

Re: DONT BREAK THE LAW - Animal Permits

Post by Rumple C »

Prices are reasonable (less than 200) unless you want to select 4 (2000!).

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

((Apologies if this is an IC post... asking for a friend...))

I saw this long ago.

1. If attacked in the streets, can one summon creatures to aid them? including spell summons AS WELL as companions/familiars?

2. If a license is bought and paid for, does that literally mean the owner of the companion/familiar can have that creature out indefinitely anywhere in the streets? (assuming yes)

3. Can specific establishments refuse to allow companions/familiars into their venue even if accompanied by the owner/master? ((example: The Dripping Dagger [i think?] does not allow hoods, helms or masks worn by patrons, can any place simply refuse beasts as well?))

4. OOC: Do Watch guards attack unlicensed creatures on sight? Or do they just demand the creatures be "un"summoned? Or do they impound/capture the beasts? If yes, can owners get them back ever? or for a fine?

5. Do buyers of licenses actually get an IC item/"contract"/document/license proving they've paid for the license?
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Answering in Nipsys Sergeant capacity

1 - Probably ok? You can do a lot in self defense. Dire boars might get a better reaction that demons. Circumstantial.

2 - Yes, so long as it remains under control, and doesn't break any of Waterdeeps laws

3 - Yes

4 - I don't think so OOC. IC - They'd probably want to know where you got the owlbear and do you have a license. No license could result in a warning to get a license, fine and reminded to get a license, or confiscation, or slaughter depending upon the circumstance.

5. - I think so, but haven't coughed up for something Nipsy doesn't have.

A note on 4 - It's like everything else - people shouldn't try to game it with OOC - the guards aren't going to let you walk a bear through the gates without a good reason, but if you really had to get one in, could always try and smuggle it in a wagon, i guess. DM's might have more to add. Just my players opinion - DM's might have a different view..
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Aha, ok, thank you!