Ragged Journal for LTC/Lodge

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Magile
Otyugh

Ragged Journal for LTC/Lodge

Post by Magile »

An inexperienced but courageous group of adventurers wandered outside the gates of Waterdeep to be subjected to a very frantic series of events. Surviving the worst of it all, they were able to find a ragged journal with information vital enough to be shared among the Adventurer's Lodge and the Lhuvenhead Trading Company.
Spoiler:
This appears to be a personal journal written in a large but neat script. It does not seem to have any dates with its entries.

“Ever since word of the Deep’s troubles with the dead reaches us in the Ardeep, I have been restless. Such abominations, even in the abomination of the city, trouble me. Sleep now eludes me.”

“Thinking further, I worry that the darkness pervading the city may have fell effect on the flora and fauna within its walls. I have brought my concern to the circle and they are considering sending an emissary to ensure that the innocent nature is not defiled by what is so unnatural.”

“It is decided. I will travel to the city and learn what I can. I should feel honored to be chosen, but… [scribbled out line]… and I do. May Silvanus be ever with me.”

“As I approached the city, I felt the dread. Not the dread of the accursed undead I am task to investigate, but rather the dread that rises from civilization. Even before I saw the inner gate, the stench of the place was unberable.”

“At first, I chose to make camp near the coast, just beyond the wall. I thought that the sea gusts would keep the city’s aroma from my nostrils; however, I too learned quickly that the coast is plagued with hungry crocodiles. Fortunately, I was able to convince one to convince his friends not to eat me. They are not as awful as they look, but just the same I moved my camp east of the city’s walls.”

“I ventured into the city today. Oh, to have a spring to wash it from me.”

“Another walk about the cobblestones today. I managed to find a map and plan to use it to reference what I learn here.”

“There is definitely something affecting the fauna. I spoke with an alley cat just near what is called the Virgin Square. He indicated his usual prey, the rodents of the city streets, seem to be pulled north and east.”

“Questioning additional cats confirms what I first offered. The rats and mice of the city are being influence, though one can only guess by what and to what end. I have heard the word ‘vampire’ spoken out more than one occasion by citizens in passing. I know little of them.”

“After a tenday of gathering information, it seems clear thhat the taint arises or is housed within the City of the Dead, or very near it. Additional inquiries will be made in another form.”

“Evening last I moved to the graveyard as a rodent. Seeking out others to join, I had little trouble. They seem to have a cloud over and with them. What it is that affects them is hidden thus far.”

“After several additional forays among the rats, something new. Just after midnight evening last, I witnessed many of their number suddenly moving as one, as if drawn by some common purpose or command. It was striking how quickly they abandoned their own interests to answer that call, whatever call it was.”

“The last two nights, I have seen the call affect more and more. It is not clear if it has become a more common phenomenon or if I am merely more aware of it. I am concerned, however. Whatever does this to them is unnatural.”

“Fear takes me. Too much time in their form and in their company may be taking a toll on me. Now I have heard the call. A voice in the small ears and more in the mind. That I recognized what was happening was perhaps all that kept my senses my own.”

“I suspect my rodent colleagues have betrayed me to whatever power they now call master. The voice now finds me every night, but it is changed. Feminine. Seductive. I should flee this place and return to the circle with what I have found. I very much suspect that a house between the Virgin Square and the cemetery is somehow culpable. Many mice there. It is as if they wait for something.”

“I have decided to brave one more night, near the house. Hoping to learn just a fraction more before I tomorrow quit the city and return to Ardeep.”
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.