Sewers of death

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

epetrow
Dire Badger

Sewers of death

Post by epetrow »

Asher leaves the following report with Vana:
A Waterdavian guard asked Smokey and I to investigate a disappearance of a patron from the Dripping Dagger. The patron was pulled into the sewers by something that was a "little larger" than a goblin. Smokey the guard and I entered the sewers just north of the Company and started taking out the goblins we found. The guard heard something to the north and Smokey followed him to engage more goblins of the slimy tribe. I scouted one of the tunnels and saw a Vampire which is a powerful undead lord. In the shadows I saw or heard at least two others. While backing out to Smokey and the guard we were beset by a few goblins. From the opposite direction of the tunnels a Vampire rushed at us. Smokey and I were able to slay the Vampire but two more soon took his place along with another patrol of goblins. I yelled for Smokey to run and we both ran with the Vampires in pursuit. In a frantic search for the ladder, we were separated.
With a Vampire on my tail I ran into another goblin patrol I consumed an invisibility potion just as I spotted the ladder. Some of my life Force had already been drained by the Vampire attacks so I ascended to the street from the same ladder we descended. I began to head south looking for Smokey and found him lying next to the grate two sewer entrances away to the south. He had been drained multiple times and was near death. From the grate, I heard the silibant hiss of one of the vampires "Come back down morsels". As dawn was breaking I invited him up into the sunlight which he declined. As we left to heard back to the guild he promised to see us again.
Obviously, the sewers have become a den of these creatures. Be wary when you enter.

After he finishes writing his report an drawn faced Asher Vontio limps upstairs with the gate of a much older man.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"