Adventurer's Guild Information for members

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

jmecha
Illithid

Re: Adventurer's Guild Information for members

Post by jmecha »

*After requesting Sergeant Amar Nipsy Peanut Esquire find his way to the Adventures's Guild, Vale provides the following briefing to the gathered members and the representative of the Waterhavian Watch.*

It appears the rogue Golem Maker is once more active. A Clay Golem was found outside this Guild Hall within the public square of the Adventurer's Quarter working to commit acts of wanton destruction with complete abandon.

Those present at the time worked to see this Golem destroyed and upon investigation found it bore the mark of Irritym Wonderstar.

For those of you not familer with Irritym Wonderstar....Know that rumors have existed for sometime after his passing that he left behind an Army Golems, hidden somewhere within the City of Waterdeep.

We tracked the trail of the Clay Golem back to the Upper Sewers were we encountered Flesh Golems and Behemoth Constructs. In the aftermath of the fighting that ensued, a small cache of Golem making materials were discovered......all bearing the mark of Irritym Wonderstar....the mark of an exploding star.

It is my understanding the rogue Golem Maker is orginally from the Waterhavian Colonies of Maztica and has arrived here in effort to do what can be done to disrupt the City through using Golems to commit acts of violence and destruction.

It is my concern that if this rogue Golem Maker has found the fabled Army of Golems that it is said Irritym Wonderstar left hidden within the City.....there will be a significant increase in these violent and destructive incidents. I ask all of you to be vigilant in your efforts to combat this threat to the people of this City, and work to learn where this rogue Golem Maker is operating from.

I have had copies made of the map orginally created by Doctor Luther Von Mufflebop of the City Sewer system made and placed within the several of your living quarters. Use them for navigational and tracking purposes of Golem encounters and sightings. Until we Know more....our best means of locating the rogue Golem Maker's lair maybe tracking the movements of the Golems in effort to determine where the source maybe located.

Dare and Beware....each and everyone of you.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*Late in the Morning Vale Clearwaters announces to the Guild*

"Know that the Vampire Vansa has memorized the Half-Orc Korkern, and taken him to an undisclosed location."

"Journeyman Gardener witnessed such just outside our Guild House, moments before last dawn. Several of us banded together to spend the day searching the Dungeon of the Crypt and failed to find any evidence of Korkern upon the upper most floor of the Dungeon of the Crypt."

"In our urgency to find and rescue Korkern, we lost track of time, the Sun set, and Vansa's cold mocking laughter filled the passage ways of the Dungeon of the Crypt."

"Through out our search we opened several stone coffins to disturb the rest of several fledgling vampires which we saw put to blade and flame......Know that such lesser vampires are not comparable to what stood between us and the surface once the Sun was down and night had fallen."

"Actual Vampires.....are extraordinary threats in physical combat to those that would stand against them. Their supernatural strength and speed provide their potent blows an unerring quality capable of seeing most quickly crushed and defeated beneath their might. The regenerative trait of their undeath makes them exceedingly difficult to defeat without the efforts of multiple attackers working in unison to see their physical forms damaged beyond repair and then doused in flames or divine waters."

"Worse though then the might of their blows, or the regenerating traits of their undead form.....is the Vampire's ability to drain the life of the living from those they bite. Scholars, Arcanists, and Theologians may.....disagree on the finer details and truths of the Vampire's Bite.....Know though that I have endured such and seen others suffer from such...."

*Vale visibly hesitates before he continues*

"The bite of the Vampire....has a draining quality to it....and you can feel your life....wanting to drain from you into the Vampire's wanting maw. There exists a brief moment of contest between your bodily connection to your life, and the Vampire's hunger working to draw such from you."

"Know that tonics, elixirs, and other wondrous items that fortify one's bodily health and strengthen the bond between one's Body and one's Life.....are not a means of becoming immune to the life draining threat of a Vampire's Bite.....though they may aid in resisting such."

*Once more Vale looks over the gathered*

"Know that Korkkern was not found.....if the Half Orc is seen again....Know it is because he was released by Vansa.....possibly as one of the enthralled.....possibly as one of the Undead."

"For those of you who intend to Hunt Vampires.....or desire to see yourself possibly survive encounters with them......I have found Holy Water to be of minimal use against them unless several people concentrate their efforts upon the same individual. I advise all of you to speak with our alchemists, learn what is needed for the making of the Holy Hand Grenades.....and each of you take to carrying no less then three such divine weapons in addition to your potions of Invisibility......at least until such a time as this threat of Vansa has passed."
Electryc
Wyvern

Post by Electryc »

*follows Vale after his announcement*

"Note to guild members."

"We are always in need of ichor."

"If any of you would make your way to the slime cave past the rat hills, please collect as much as you can. The efforts will go into making potions such as the holy hand grenades."
DM whana-be
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

There is a rather unusual summons by Vanna, who directs the attention of all members to Sergeant Armar Nipsy Peanut, esquire, of the Docks Watch Ward. Nipsy scans a parchment once, before laying it down, and speaking to the assembled members.

"Let it be known that Vale Clearwaters has relinquished both leadership and membership of the entity commonly known as the Adventurer's guild. He has abdicated leadership, and elections for the new leader will be held according to the charter of the Guild. The charter states that leadership of the guild is determined by a simple majority vote by all journeymen from within the guild. Before he left Vale named me as adjudicator and final authority of this vote. To that end, I will be requesting a formal vote by secret ballot from all journeymen members. The persons eligible to vote by virtue of their journeymen status, are...

Laird Briarbush the IV
Cornelius Tauber
Anariolas Te'lyanthor
Asher Vontio
Raladin Thunderbeard
Vana Swift
Trin Stonemender

Let it be known that Clarianna Gardner has also relinquished her membership in an earlier resignation, choosing to join the Lhuvenhead Trading Company.

Let it be known that the charter does not dictate that the leader must be of any rank or indeed membership of the entity commonly known as the Adventurers Guild. I will allow one week for discussion between yourselves before collecting and tallying votes in the following week. As adjudicator of the secret ballot, my decision will be final and irrevocable.

Furthermore, Vale has implored you to continue to follow the ethos and traditions of the entity known as the Adventurer's Guild. Furthermore, let it be known that Vale wishes to play no part in, nor influence this election.

Do you have any questions?"
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Vana Swift waves a hand with a dismissive laugh.

"Luv, I already clean up after you lot. I could not live with myself if I were responsible for making the mess and then had to clean up. 'fraid you will have to count me out."

She then returns to her station, still laughing at the notion.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Nipsy presents himself before the guild again.

"It has been brought to my attention that both Wren and Madog by the current majordomo, Laird Briarbush the Forth, have been made Journeymen since I last addressed you. I can see nothing in the charter which would preclude them voting for leadership. To that end, their vote will count in the election for the new leader. Voting will begin in three days.

Thankyou for your time."
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Once again, the members of the Adventurers Guild are summoned by Vana Swift.

Nipsy takes the floor, pacing back and forth in his Sergeants uniform.

I am afraid I have some news you will find unwelcome. While reviewing the guild charter, and associated paperwork, and upon consulting with my colleagues upon legalities, one thing has become clear to me. The guild, as it exists in it's current state is an illegal entity.

Nipsy pauses here, stopping to meet the eyes of each and every member present.

No doubt you have many questions, I will try to answer them as best I am able, if you allow me the time. After checking with Castle Waterdeep, it would seem the founder, Korsan did not apply for registration of the Guild, but set it up without city permission. Those of you who know your history will well know that the masked lords and the guilds have a very bloody relationship. Indeed it was only a few generations ago that their coup very nearly overthrew the governance at the time.

Needless to say any entity seeking to unilaterally establish itself as a -guild- without the cities permission will be very poorly received. I don't you personally to be alarmed. As it stands, so far as I can tell, none of you were complicit in this fraudulent activity. I will also reassure you that so long as the entity here, formerly known as the Adventurers guild cooperates with the impending investigation I will do my very best to act in the best interests of everyone gathered here.

Nipsy take another pause here, one again looking to everyone, trying to offer some reassurance.

You know me. I will do what I can with the castle, to seek full registration of the former guild here, to legitimate guild status. I must ask though, that starting immediately you no longer refer to yourself as a guild, nor as guild members.

On the matter of leadership, there are two things to consider. One, the charter is now largely worthless, as it was written for the Guild, which does not exist, not legally. Two, the election for leadership stems from this document. So I offer you a choice, now. The assembled here, may decide they still need leadership. I have five votes out of the nine total. I can announce the leader chosen by you, now. This leader though, will not be leader of a guild, but of you, as a group. In time, perhaps, that may be a different story.

So I ask you now, shall I announce your voted for leader, and consult directly with him or her on how to move forward from the founders error?
ravin
Brown Bear

Post by ravin »

Wren looks both shocked and upset by the news.

“ of course we’ll follow every legal precedent necessary to continue our place here. But we also need solidarity and leadership . I would call for the election results to be announced.
Current PC:Wren Bluefeather
Finnea Chaestina

<Maxcell> as I was saying, nobody steps on a virtual crotch like Ravin
Electryc
Wyvern

Post by Electryc »

Looks at Nipsy Peanut.

"Due to us here being with each other here, I do not wish a possible fine, or worse for our act of illegal assembly."

"Members you may find it wise to take refuge at the boarding house down the street, until this is resolved. If you choose to remain know it is of your own decision. Also let it be known as acting temporary leader of this guild, I take full responsibility and resign my position due to lack of observance."

Examines the startled and angry expressions among the guild members.

"I do not take this decision lightly, I only ask friends we do this and not incur further judicial wrath among the powers of Waterdeep our beloved home."

handing his keys to Wren* "Take these keys, when and IF the guild is determined legal may your future guild leader, and majordome have better success than I have.

Chin downturned with a sad expression, Laird walks slowly to the door and closes the door behind him.
DM whana-be
ravin
Brown Bear

Post by ravin »

Wren stands amid the others, dumbfounded.

After a few seconds she gathers her wits.

“No, I’m not giving up.” She looks to Nipsy “ who owns this building, officially?”

She doesn’t wait for the answer.

“ also, what would it take to become a legal entity like the Company? Im not giving up our home. Even if it’s not this building. Family doesn’t do that.”

She looks at each face

“ each of you has a decision to make. Stay and see this through, what ever we evolve into, or don’t. No one will blame you if you don’t stay. This is much to ask of anyone. But I will stay and fix this. The Adventures Guild, in what ever incarnation comes next, will continue to be a place where adventures can grow, learn and belong. I’m not walking away. And I can promise, if you choose to stay, we will get to the bottom of this if it takes my last coin and last breath “

Her eyes blaze with a passionate determination.
Too much had been lost , too many people had walked away. She would not be one. Never. It’s not what family does.

her eyes settled back on Nipsy

“ we will work with the law to correct this oversight, evolve if we must and fight on. There may be a force behind this that we can’t see , but for now we need the ability to move, to continue our work. Nipsy, as a friend, can you, will you help with that?”
Current PC:Wren Bluefeather
Finnea Chaestina

<Maxcell> as I was saying, nobody steps on a virtual crotch like Ravin
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Nipsy speaks once more.

The building was paid for in full, by Korsan Blackmane. Becoming a legal guild would require application to Castle Waterdeep, and I imagine intense scrutiny of the organization. Yes, as a friend to you all, and to the organization formerly known as the Adventurers Guild I will help you navigate the legal waters ahead.

Also, I will announce the winner of the secret ballot. With a majority of votes cast, and total possible votes, I announce Cornelius as the winner. May he be the steward you need in the times ahead. I will speak with him directly of how to resolve this situation and the options moving forwards.

Congratulations Cornelius.
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

Asher looks to those gathered.
If the building is paid for then we are just a bunch of friends living together. As long as we break no laws, why would the watch or the lords care? We continue to stand for what we've always stood for, a group of companions who help one another when need arises. And maybe make this city a better place to live. *shrugs* You all do as you wish, I'll be in my room if you need me. I got nowhere else to go.

He walks upstairs and closes the door.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Cornelius stood near the Memorial Stone in front of the assembled members. He tapped his hammer lightly against the stone to bring the room to his attention.

“Meine Damen und Herren, danka fur your vote of confidence in naming mich das Fuhrer auf diese organization. Wie are alles distraught by the recent departure of our most esteemed Meister Clearwater und Meister Briarbush. They und Meister Staramaster will be members Emeritus und willkommen return to us wann ready.

For diese organization, Sergeant Nipsy Peanut notified mich auf ist improper legal status. Wie mussen haben proper papers. I have filed ein updated charter mit der authorities. Sergeant Peanut hast reviewed diese charter und approves. Ich await ein answer.

In der meantime, the charter identifies this organization as the Adventurers Lodge. The original intent, as established by Meister Emeritus Clearwater, und das roles und responsibilities auf its members remains unchanged.

Mein guidance for you ist diese.
He holds up one finger Ein. Train und Learn. Grow wiser from those who haben adventured before you. Do not make the same mistake twice. Learn about our enemies. Wie are confronted mit numerous threats. Share knowledge auf their strengths und weaknesses. Strive fur perfection.

He holds up two fingers Zwei. Prepare. Gather supplies welche brewers und crafters kann create potions oder equipment to protect us. Wie especially need healing supplies, mind-protecting elixirs, wards against death spells, und restoration potions to restore lost vigor. Ich haben equipped various members mit armor und weapons. If you are in need auf equipment, see mich.

He holds up three fingers Drei. Work together. Venture into the unknown, but not alone. Rely on those Sie kann trust. Do not travel alone, especially at night.

Jeztz, hier ist our current membership und ranks:
Lodge Leader
Meister Cornelius Tauber

Majordomo
Mistress Wren Bluefeather

Master of Arms
Master Asher Vontio

Master of Arcane
(vacant)

Master of Reconnaissance
Master Anariolas Te’lyanthor

Journeymen
Raladin Thunderbeard
Vana Swift
Trin Stonemender
Madog Millhouse

Apprentices
Ryld
Elero
Daeges

Masters Emeritus
Aglorus Stamaraster
Laird Briarbush
Vale Clearwaters

He steps down and walks to the common room, opens the liquor cabinet, and pulls a bottle of bier off the shelf. He pours the contents into a clay flagon, raises it to the gathered members and says, “Dare und Beware! Endure und Grow Stronger!”
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

OOC: For Members of the Adventurer Lodge:

Cornelius addresses the membership from the Memorial Stone.
Spoiler:
“Meine Damen und Herren, Fraulein Gardner hast given mich results auf sie research on die vampires. Sie learned much of Herrin Vansa’s history.

Im 1130, Selunites in pursuit auf Vanrak Moonstar encountered ein crypt auf vampires. Der Meister vampire, Fiyr Ashenfield, was destroyed aber, drei Leutnant escaped. Ein empty coffin bore evidence auf Herrin Vansa. Die books und artifacts within das coffin suggested Herrin Vansa was kam nicht aus der Sword Coast. Instead, a land much farther away.

More ist told auf Vanrak. Im 1195, er was turned into something more dreadful. Records of diese transformation exist zum der Haus auf der Moon.

Evidence of centuries auf vampire activity ist recorded im den Lathanderite library. Why did the Lords do nothing?”

He finishes, “Travel at Nacht alone nicht. Beware und Pepare.”
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

FAIR WARNING

Warning be to one and all!
There appears to be a new threat on the rise,
A band of ruthless Rat People who maybe our demise.

Within the Rat Hills they have been encountered as of late,
Watching and working to bring about a bloody end to our fate.

If you seek Ichor or Iron from the Caves of Slime,
The Plague Rats will seek to give you a hard time.

If you hunt for tails or to solve riddles of recruitment,
The Rat People will work to prevent your self improvement.

They wield sharp steel and dangerous sorcery,
Be warned the threat is real and not a mere forgery.

If you enter the City Dumps,
you had best be prepared to jump.

Do not die a foolish bumbler,
I ask each of you carefully travel in number.

Apprentice Arilis Silverwind, Adventurer's Guild Apprentice
Last edited by jmecha on Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.