A Word About My New PC

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Mick
Beholder

A Word About My New PC

Post by Mick »

Soon I will be bringing my new PC to the server and I feel the need to make a public announcement to avoid misunderstandings, OOC offense, and/or general confusion regarding how I will be playing her.

Ruli Lightningbriar is a Ghostwise hin. As I am sure you all know, the Ghostwise have telepathy as an ability and as their primary form of communication with creatures with whom they share a language. I plan to have Ruli communicate frequently, although not exclusively, this way.

Unless I am misunderstanding the lore, this ability may be directed at a single target within 30 feet at any given time. It DOES NOT allow for a telepathic reply. I believe that the target must be visible to the Ghostwise as well.

When I have her communicate in this way, I will try to include some emote that indicates who she is directing it to, although I may not always do that, depending on the circumstances. The telepathic message will then be sent as a tell to the player of the person in question. I will include the *T* prefix to signify an IC telepathic message. If you get a tell from me that is not preceded by a *T*, then it should be a normal OOC tell. If that OOC tell seems particularly insulting (which my PC may be given to ;) ) and it is not preceded by a *T*, please ask me if it was intended to be a telepathic message before getting too upset.

I am not sure how smoothly things are going to go with this, but I am really wanting to give it a go. If anyone has any concerns about it, then please let me know in a tell, on Discord, or here on the forums.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Rumple C
Bard

Re: A Word About My New PC

Post by Rumple C »

:wtg:

roger that
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Brimsar the Wanderer
Frost Giant

Post by Brimsar the Wanderer »

Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds interesting
Late,

Brim
Akivaria
Orc Champion

Post by Akivaria »

Alora doesn't need telepathy.

It's not like she can keep her mouth shut anyway.
"This is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Current PC: Alora Tuffet-Hopper, foul-mouthed and irreverent bard