Custom PC Portraits

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Senor T
Ogre

Custom PC Portraits

Post by Senor T »

Are you original and/or do you have a driving need to create a character portrait to maximize total immersion? Now you can share those custom portraits with the world via the magic of the internet!

Post your PC's custom portrait here. That way if people can't see your portrait and just see the generic stupid ghost person it's their own damn fault!
Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
jmecha
Illithid

Re: Custom PC Portraits

Post by jmecha »

Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Custom PC Portraits

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Hi everyone,
Here's Sarenna's portrait. It's a slightly photoshopped picture of Emmanuelle Zoldan, the lead singer of the band Sirenia, which was my original idea for Sarenna's name, and consequently how I found her picture. Believe it or not, Emmanuelle is a dead ringer for the image of Sarenna I had in my head. Sweet synarchy! Sometimes the puzzle pieces almost fit together by themselves.

https://imgur.com/a/szkDpyP

Also, for those of you who might not know, here's a short description I found of how to quickly convert a jpeg to all the portrait files you need for NWN:

Creating a Portrait: Conversion - The fastest method for creating a new portrait for your character is by converting a standard .jpg image. This does not produce the best quality portrait images, but is, by far, the quickest.

1) Place a .jpg (for example, "myportrait.jpg") into your NWN/portraits directory (usually C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\portraits\).
2) Start NWN, start a new game or load a saved one.
3) Enter the console command "ConvertPortrait" followed by the name of your image without the file extension.
- - (for example, "ConvertPortrait myportrait"). This will automatically create all the different files needed.

Cheers, Peter
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor