Bard Help

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Twilighteyes
Dire Badger

Bard Help

Post by Twilighteyes »

So I am trying a new Bard. After the first one was killed by a mugger, the second one made it to the Beer Golem. I was awarded a Performance Contract but when trying to perform the only option was to "Chicken Out". SO I shrugged that off and went off to do other things.

Later I got advice that The Hanged Man was the right place to perform as a newbie. So I went there, asked the bartender, got a contract, and was able to Perform. My bard collected 4 followers and 23 gold pieces, but was told she now had -96 followers (that's negative 96 followers). That seemed...odd, but oh well, I had had a successful result so went on my merry way.

Tried again later, got a performance contract, tried to perform but the only option now was to "Chicken Out". It had worked before so I was quite puzzled. I tried the other places (Beer Golem, Jade Jug, etc.) but I couldn't do anything there.

Then I read the bit back in the bug thread a few pages that having old performance contracts resulted in massive penalties. And that when you get the "Chicken Out" result the contract is not taken from your inventory, so I had an old contract from the Beer Golem and some from the Hanged Man...which I guess is how I ended up with negative followers.

So now I can't perform anywhere because my bard has negative followers. And I don't know any way to gain positive followers.

Am I screwed? Do I need to make up version 3 of my bard?
Currently playing - nobody
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Bard Help

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Hi TE, you’re not screwed but you will need penguiny help to get sorted again. I had something similar happen to Fenris when I went to perform at the wrong venue, and then backtracked to the proper one.

Good luck on the music career! Looking forward to some new songs. :D
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
Twilighteyes
Dire Badger

Post by Twilighteyes »

Thank you so much for the answer! That’s a big relief.

I hope you like the new bard!
Currently playing - nobody
Akivaria
Orc Champion

Post by Akivaria »

Bards are scum. Never play one. Ever.
"This is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Current PC: Alora Tuffet-Hopper, foul-mouthed and irreverent bard