United effort against the Cult of the Dragon

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Re: United effort against the Cult of the Dragon

Post by Peter_Abelard »

That lovely waiting room he’s in and slow dinner service might be more intimidating and soften him up more than any of our puppets. Unless Takashi returned and hid away his beautiful manners maybe. Persuade we have, intimidate, not so sure.
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Somehow acts of torture dont seem overly bushido.
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Cleasor wrote:
We need a PC with a high Intimidate skill. Surely Luther is available and willing?
What you don't think Mari's persuasive efforts will be enough ??
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Cleasor wrote:
We need a PC with a high Intimidate skill. Surely Luther is available and willing?
You think Luther has points in intimidate??
12.August.2015: Never forget.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

What about using the Healing Skill and a Cranial Drill to see what is inside his head?
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
valn99
Owlbear

Post by valn99 »

Charm person and zone of truth?
NWN1 PC:
Now (2017): Bran, naive servant of Lathander, currently thinking about opening a potion shop.
circa 2000: JenWa, proud mother duck and half-crazed sorceress of Shadowdale.

NW2 PC: Kasil Trueforger, dwarven scholar of Felbarr.

Garlus Ironbeard: [d] I was sure there was a reason we brought you along.
Kevorn Trueforger: [d] I'm da funny one and ye're da smart one.
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Is it info about the Cultist base that we’re after from him, or are we looking for something else?
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
Senor T
Ogre

Post by Senor T »

Is the WoMS there? Does the Black know? Are they cooperating with the Rosznar cultists? What is heir objective? Strength of forces? How many portals are there and where are they?

And finally... WHERE IS MY TOOTHBRUSH?!!! Elves have to mark their pearly whites last hundreds of years, so good dental hygiene is critical.
Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Senor T wrote:Is the WoMS there?
This information may already be out there, FWIW.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

It maybe out there, but if no one has bothered to inform Keryn....it remains a legitimate concern of hers to ask.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

I mean, if you need some torturing, these guys are your best choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg73Z4tmRcg
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Fair notice: as he expressed IC if Uthor becomes aware of any torture he will try to stop it or bring those responsible to justice. He will advocate magical means of questioning.
Gaia_Nostra
Brown Bear

Post by Gaia_Nostra »

Rick7475 wrote:I mean, if you need some torturing, these guys are your best choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg73Z4tmRcg
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
If the enemy is an ass and a fool and a rating
coxcomb, is it meet, think you, that we should also,
look you, be an ass and a fool and a prating
coxcomb? in your own conscience, now?

Former Characters:
(Silverymoon): Q’arq Olafstenza Fry
(Waterdeep/Daggerford): Angus Porter, Cleric of Torm (aka the Slipshod Sergeant)
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Peter_Abelard wrote:Is it info about the Cultist base that we’re after from him, or are we looking for something else?
I think our questioning should be of the level where we'd expect this veteran to answer. He's a fighter. So he probably knows about the base's troop levels, defenses, traps, frequency of patrols, etc. Possibly he would know about their communication with the northern base. How do they do that? Are they using portals? My intent on capturing an enemy combatant was to learn what we were up against in the southern base before charging in.

Regarding questioning methods, arcane or divine means would be the most effective. People have used the word torture here but the abhorrence of that is purely a modern ethical position. Torture to obtain information on one's enemy was commonplace and ethical among ancient, dark ages, and middle ages populations. Many of whom would be considered "lawful" as well as "good." But I understand if we as players don't want to go there.

Another interesting question is what we do with him once we're done questioning. Turn him over to the Watch? Let him go? Buy him a drink? Request membership in their organization once we learn what we're really up against?
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Cleasor wrote:Regarding questioning methods, arcane or divine means would be the most effective. People have used the word torture here but the abhorrence of that is purely a modern ethical position. Torture to obtain information on one's enemy was commonplace and ethical among ancient, dark ages, and middle ages populations. Many of whom would be considered "lawful" as well as "good." But I understand if we as players don't want to go there.

Agree with you about medievel norms as to torture ("Put him on the rack!"). This is just me RPing an LG paladin. If Uthor was a CN Barb he'd be smashing the cultist's knees with his hammer to get him to talk. My interpretation is that a Pally would not allow torture in his presence or with his knowledge. My pally's give quarter when asked, and once a prisoner is in their charge treat them humanely. Please feel free to respond in kind ICly. This is not born out of any OOC prudeness regarding explicit RP of torture. Was IC notice that Uthor will take issue with it ICly. He is willing to live with the IC consequences of that. :D