United effort against the Cult of the Dragon

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

jmecha
Illithid

Re: United effort against the Cult of the Dragon

Post by jmecha »

I should be able to make it, if I can not I will let it be known.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Can't make it tomorrow night.. or I maybe late getting on.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

Arianna wrote:Marisha brings a crate of 28 carefully labeled Red house wines to Bran to see if he can tell if any of them are tainted.
Each Bottle is carefully labeled with the place from which it was obtained.

"Let's start with this.. If any of them prove to contain BLoodroot extract then those will be the more likely places to look for recruiters"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FFXdl ... 2C8fEQc-8H
Success! Your organization skills have paid off, and despite countless efforts that came up empty, you finally manage to come up with some samples at the Bloody Fist tavern that seems to have a few. Alchemical experimentation of all the samples in general seems to show that the wine supply is generally safe now, whether that is a result of efforts to counter it or if the poisoners themselves have pulled back is unknown. The generally low rate of poisoning makes it very hard to detect in the wine, as it is difficult to distinguish from the alcohol itself, and its effects are surprisingly similar. Bloodroot however, seems to have a marked sharp decline in cognitive reasoning in the subject, and a much darker resulting demeanor.

Watching carefully over the following days you do notice some intoxicated patrons who get in fights against seemingly impossible odds, then being hauled out for "medical care" only to be whisked away to a nearby location. What happens in that building is difficult to say, but the rogues of the group manage to stake it out and see that in general, the only people who leave are cloaked in dark garb, occasionally with signs of the dragon upon them.

+XP for all involved on this! Really brilliant detective work. Sorry it took me a while I had to do some thinking as it wasn't something I anticipated, but I love the group initiative!
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Marisha asks Bran " can you estimate the dilution factor? How many bottles of wine would one of these vials of the bloodroot we liberated from the shipment up north cover?"
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
valn99
Owlbear

Post by valn99 »

I’ll try to give you a number, Mari.
(Turns to Ayergo ;) )
NWN1 PC:
Now (2017): Bran, naive servant of Lathander, currently thinking about opening a potion shop.
circa 2000: JenWa, proud mother duck and half-crazed sorceress of Shadowdale.

NW2 PC: Kasil Trueforger, dwarven scholar of Felbarr.

Garlus Ironbeard: [d] I was sure there was a reason we brought you along.
Kevorn Trueforger: [d] I'm da funny one and ye're da smart one.
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

ayergo wrote:
Arianna wrote:Marisha brings a crate of 28 carefully labeled Red house wines to Bran to see if he can tell if any of them are tainted.
Each Bottle is carefully labeled with the place from which it was obtained.

"Let's start with this.. If any of them prove to contain BLoodroot extract then those will be the more likely places to look for recruiters"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FFXdl ... 2C8fEQc-8H
Success! Your organization skills have paid off, and despite countless efforts that came up empty, you finally manage to come up with some samples at the Bloody Fist tavern that seems to have a few. Alchemical experimentation of all the samples in general seems to show that the wine supply is generally safe now, whether that is a result of efforts to counter it or if the poisoners themselves have pulled back is unknown. The generally low rate of poisoning makes it very hard to detect in the wine, as it is difficult to distinguish from the alcohol itself, and its effects are surprisingly similar. Bloodroot however, seems to have a marked sharp decline in cognitive reasoning in the subject, and a much darker resulting demeanor.

Watching carefully over the following days you do notice some intoxicated patrons who get in fights against seemingly impossible odds, then being hauled out for "medical care" only to be whisked away to a nearby location. What happens in that building is difficult to say, but the rogues of the group manage to stake it out and see that in general, the only people who leave are cloaked in dark garb, occasionally with signs of the dragon upon them.

+XP for all involved on this! Really brilliant detective work. Sorry it took me a while I had to do some thinking as it wasn't something I anticipated, but I love the group initiative!
That was to the source quickly! I was having fun taking inventory of all the alcoholic beverages in all of the Dock Ward taverns waiting on Bran to ID the source drink. Sorry but I cannot play tomorrow night if a raid is in the works for that session.
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

//OOC If I am on tonight it may be late -- like 9pm EST
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Mari puts on her best attire and goes to speak with Olar

" Could you please check on the mage portal system? Make sure its secure. Cultists are using some portaling system to move unseen around the city. If they are not using the Orders system, is there some way to disrupt their network or at the very least be able to ascertain if there is a portal nearby when dealing with these miscreants?"

After 'tea' and conversation with Olar......
Mari checks with her various contacts seeking information on Trillen a older Gentleman with a Amish accent, possibly a Rosznar realative as he has been seen at the Rosznar estate since the demise of Lady Estrip.

Also PM sent

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

After speaking with Keryn about the lizardmen’s siege of the city, Fenris delves into his dragon research, searching for possible answers to how Orathynara could compel servitude out of so many lizardmen and Yuan-Ti, and from such a distance.
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Arianna wrote:Mari puts on her best attire and goes to speak with Olar

" Could you please check on the mage portal system? Make sure its secure. Cultists are using some portaling system to move unseen around the city. If they are not using the Orders system, is there some way to disrupt their network or at the very least be able to ascertain if there is a portal nearby when dealing with these miscreants?"

After 'tea' and conversation with Olar......
Mari checks with her various contacts seeking information on Trillen a older Gentleman with a Amish accent, possibly a Rosznar realative as he has been seen at the Rosznar estate since the demise of Lady Estrip.

Also PM sent
Orlar assures Mari that the portal system is secure. He suggests that they might just be using a simple teleport spell when needed.
((Also of note, I have fixed the teleport spell so that if you cast it, by default it will take you to the Adventurer's Quarter. Can possibly add other locations if needed))
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Peter_Abelard wrote:After speaking with Keryn about the lizardmen’s siege of the city, Fenris delves into his dragon research, searching for possible answers to how Orathynara could compel servitude out of so many lizardmen and Yuan-Ti, and from such a distance.
where are you doing this research?
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

It is much more likely that the Black has a few powerful lackeys under his sway that IN TURN can then control the Lizardmen and Yaun Ti . Or he has simply struck a bargain with them promising the destruction of their enemies [ ie the merfolk that inhabit the bay ] and prime swampland to breed in in return for their working for him.
Creatures like the Naga and who knows what else. Those that are powerful and steeped in magical abilities seem the most likely . I think its beyond even a dragons power to keep personal control over so many creatures at once .

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

I should be good to play this Friday night, but I maybe a little later then the normal 7:30 Eastern start time.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Friday night will work for Kal.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

It will be a bit of a shorter session this time as I'm headed to the beach, but I will have a few fun things in store. :)