United effort against the Cult of the Dragon

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

jmecha
Illithid

United effort against the Cult of the Dragon

Post by jmecha »

As rumors of truth about House Rosznar's alliance and possible leadership role with the Cult of the Dragon have spread through the Adventuring Community of Waterdeep and plots to spoil wine with blood root have become uncovered, members of the adventuring community have wondered what if anything can be done about any of these matters.

An unlikely pair comparing notes and quietly discussing possible courses of action developed a plan that would require the talents of several of the communities different members. Once the plot and plan came to resemble something feasible and promising Korsan Blackmane would try and discreetly approach various other members of the Adventuring community with the plan Marisha and he had worked out.

The current line of thought is the Cult of the Dragon maybe using the Blood Root spiked Wine to induce an easily manipulated mental state in various people through out the City in hopes of stepping in and recruiting them to the fanatical cult to bolster their ranks. From what has been witnessed the Blood Root seems to have only been added to the Rosznar's less prestige vintages and distributed in unassuming unlabeled bottles of cheap house red wine. A man under the influence of such drink had been seen along the docks and thanks to a proper leeching was saved from the mind addling effects of the blood root wine, and a cultist was spotted lurking not far behind this man.

Given the Wine being used is a cheap red wine, and victims have been seen along the docks, a Theory is the Cult is preying upon the disenfranchised poorer districts and where transients like sailors maybe found recruited and never noticed to be missing.

What Korsan Blackmane will be approaching individuals to do, will be based upon their own particular skill sets and talents, and anyone willing to help in this endeavor would be welcomed to do so.

He would ask those capable of divination and knowledgeable of Alchemy to visit the various dockside taverns and subtly try and determine which have blood root wine on the shelves.

Once the establishments providing the blood root wine have been identified, it will be asked of the strong and capable Bardic Community to make an effort to frequent these establishments with their performances and rabble rousing revelry in hopes their mastery of the social arts may allow them to identify Cultists lurking in the crowds waiting to approach potential recruits who have been made mentally feeble and ripe for the taking.

Once Cultist Recruiters have been made by the Bardic Community, the various Rogues and Rangers of the community will be asked to shadow these Cultists Recruiters back to whatever hidden hole that are emerging from in hope we maybe able to identify the Cult's Recruiting Facility and Indoctrination Center.

Last but not least, if all goes well the warriors will be called upon to lead the charge and bring the fight to this discovered location with the full support of the rest of the community.

In hopes innocents maybe spared the corrupting dogma of the Cult of the Dragon.
In hopes removing this facility gives the Cultist one less safe place to operate from within the city.
In hopes that by striking where the leadership is expected to be Charismatic and Capable, possible intelligence maybe found amoung their effects that may help inspire future efforts against the Cult and the Dragons they serve.

((IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING PLEASE POST BELOW WHAT YOUR CHARACTER INTENDS TO DO TO HELP IDENTIFY LOCATIONS SERVING THE BLOOD ROOT WINE, WHAT YOUR CHARACTER MAY DO TO HELP IDENTIFY CULTISTS THERE, AND WHAT YOUR CHARACTER MAY DO TO HELP TRACK SAID CULTISTS BACK TO THEIR LAIR))
Last edited by jmecha on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
jmecha
Illithid

Re: United effort against the Cult of the Dragon

Post by jmecha »

((If you want your character to help with this effort, but you are uncomfortable posting your character's efforts or methods here, please send DM Ayergo a PM so he knows what your character is planning and doing so he maybe able to prepare and respond appropriately))
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

DM has already been PMd as to what Marisha is doing
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Beaker/Luther is down for this plan.

As a reminder to other spellcasters... detect poison is a universal cantrip.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

Flipper seal of approval
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Jackman's role should be frequenting the bars and whorehouses of the disenfranchised to identify the cultist recruiters.

Do we know the symptoms of those afflicted with blood root poison? One could attempt to mimic those symptoms in order to bait the recruiter.
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Zylai’a will speak with Phalantar and Diltoonier’s about possible antidotes or counters to Bloodroot.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Korsan would share that from what he has been told the Bloodroot Wine is almost more of a recreational drug then a fatal poison. It alters the way one understands reality and make people question their place in it leading to confusion and opening the door for mental manipulations be they made by a silver tongue or magical influences.

Korsan Blackmane would also stress the goal here is not to save indivuals from the Cult recruitment process or scare off the Cult Recruiters nor interfere with their efforts.

Instead the goal is to survey them and let them lead us back to where they have been taking people for indoctrination so we may then make a united strike against their Indoctrination Center potentially saving all the people there, destroying the facilty, and plundering any documents or records being kept there.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

The dwarf Uthor Warcrown listens to Korsan's hushed plan, his thick flaxen brows rising and falling at certain parts of the recitation. After a long pause he says: "Ye see elf. Dis be why dorf's be drinkin ale. When ye find where these mind drugging cultists be hidin, lemme know an I'll be dere ta split a few skulls. But if what ye be sayin is true, then a lot a them whats been recruited taint totally responsible fer dere actions. Dat don sit right wit me lad. How ye gonna tell which a dem be callin tha shots an which a dem be stupefied? An what if we be crackin tha wrong heads? I say ye find a way ta counteract tha bloody poison. Put it in tha cheap kegs and get yer bards ta pushin ale. Then we see whose who and what's what and start crackin tha right skulls."
valn99
Owlbear

Post by valn99 »

Bran will work on an agent or process that can identify bloodroot in a beverage.
He'll need people to provide samples from the bars and taverns.

Honestly, I read detect poison and it's of limited use. it's instantaneous and covers a very short range (5foot or an object).
If cantrips were unlimited slots/day, that might be more helpful.

If Ayergo allows it, Bran will also perform a Divination (as the spell) on the matter.
NWN1 PC:
Now (2017): Bran, naive servant of Lathander, currently thinking about opening a potion shop.
circa 2000: JenWa, proud mother duck and half-crazed sorceress of Shadowdale.

NW2 PC: Kasil Trueforger, dwarven scholar of Felbarr.

Garlus Ironbeard: [d] I was sure there was a reason we brought you along.
Kevorn Trueforger: [d] I'm da funny one and ye're da smart one.
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Kal leaves Korsan a note.

Also PM'ed Ayergo.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Marisha brings a crate of 28 carefully labeled Red house wines to Bran to see if he can tell if any of them are tainted.
Each Bottle is carefully labeled with the place from which it was obtained.

"Let's start with this.. If any of them prove to contain BLoodroot extract then those will be the more likely places to look for recruiters"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FFXdl ... 2C8fEQc-8H
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
valn99
Owlbear

Post by valn99 »

Bran grins to Mari : ‘ Impressive work! Now let’s see who has been naughty.’
He will use Detect poison if it can help speed up the process. But otherwise he will work on the samples using alchemical analysis.
´Better brew some coffee, Narb. It’ll be a long night!’
NWN1 PC:
Now (2017): Bran, naive servant of Lathander, currently thinking about opening a potion shop.
circa 2000: JenWa, proud mother duck and half-crazed sorceress of Shadowdale.

NW2 PC: Kasil Trueforger, dwarven scholar of Felbarr.

Garlus Ironbeard: [d] I was sure there was a reason we brought you along.
Kevorn Trueforger: [d] I'm da funny one and ye're da smart one.
Senor T
Ogre

Post by Senor T »

PM sent.
Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

PM sent, but not really.

I wont be there this coming session. It is in -everyone who is not Luther-'s secretive capable hands.
12.August.2015: Never forget.