Sermon at the Plinth

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Stormbringer
Owlbear

Sermon at the Plinth

Post by Stormbringer »

Aiden spent several days running here and there making sure it was within the laws to "Preach a Sermon" on what it means to be a follower of Kelemvor. After his missive was answered by the Church in Ormath he understood what it meant. Smiling to himself, he thought he was not a public speaker so he sought to speak from the heart. He took up his notes and went downstairs and into the street and Started. He stood there that evening and let Kelemvor speak through him to those who walked by.

Friends, Listen to what I say. The Church of Kelemvor is not here for you souls nor to raise up undead! We are here to preserve life so no one dies before their time. We are here for you elderly loved ones, who are at the ends of their existence. We seek to only aid those who have lived a long and life. To bring joy to them. To ease there suffering. To put their minds at ease. To make them not fear the end. There is a life beyond this mortal one and it is a life of happiness. Death is but a part of life. It is not an end but a beginning, not a punishment but a necessity. There is no deceit in death, nothing concealed, nothing chaotic. Death is an orderly process.

We Priests of Kelemvor comfort the dying and provide burials for those who die alone. We administer last rites to the dying and help the living left behind to better understand the natural and inevitable process of death and dying. When people die alone without a will, known heirs, or business partners, their goods are taken by the church to fund its ongoing ministry to the dying. This does not, by any means, mean that We would take from the dead for our own benefit. When plagues, hordes, or great monsters run amok, they must be fought by the Priests of Kelemvor, for it is not right that many die before their due time.

Death is but part of life: fear it not, evade it not, and view it not as evil. To fear death delivers you into the hands of those who can bring death down upon you. Die with dignity, neither raging nor seeking to embrace undeath. Do honor to the dead, for their strivings in life brought Faerûn to where it is now, and to forget them is to forget also where we are now—and why. Kelemvor assigns the essences of the dead their proper place in the ongoing cycle of existence, and he is the Great Guide, leading all folk into their next life. Death is not a final ending, but the next step in a wondrous, ongoing journey. Kelemvor awaits those who are dying and that he is not to be feared, for he believes in justice and wields mercy.

I myself have seen the toll death puts on ones family. I have lost my parents and then the farm I was raised on. I knew not about Trust and Will's and neither did my parents. So I lost all that my parent worked for. Seek out us Priest of Kelemvor and we will aid you and your loved ones as best we can. We do not like to see someone suffer. We do not like to have someone die alone. We will offer kind words and a warm heart to those close to the ends of their lives. We Priest of Kelemvor only seek to bring peace to those close to the end of their journey. Be it beggar or Lord.. Everyone must stand before Kelemvor's Throne and be Judged.

As I lay close to death from a poisoned bolt. I was a simple drover for a caravan after my parents died. We were attacked by lizardmen and the Caravan Master thought I was going to die. He took me to Ormath and left me with the Clergy of Kelemvor. They prayed and cast spells over me for days. Seeing I was beyond aid they offered me peace. Kelemvor had other plans. He told me in a vision that I was not done and he needed my aid so here I am today. Doing his and the Churches bidding. Become a follower of Kelemvor so you to can aid those in need as we Priest of Kelemvor are few here in Waterdeep.
I thank you for your time.

Aiden offers a blessing over the crowd gathered.

Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: Sermon at the Plinth

Post by ayergo »

*converts to Kelemvor*
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Akivaria
Orc Champion

Post by Akivaria »

Hmph.

I hate preachers.
"This is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Current PC: Alora Tuffet-Hopper, foul-mouthed and irreverent bard
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Aiden walks south of Waterdeep's southern gate to the beggars shack's one evening. He seeks out Ando, the leader of the beggars. He chats with him a bit. Ando agrees to let Aiden speak with the others.
Good people of Waterdeep! I, Aiden Ketter, a Priest of Kelemvor come to seek your aid if you are willing. It is not safe here outside the walls. Dragon Cultist make camp not far south and east of here. If you know of a family or a person who has enlisted in their ranks please let us know. We seek to reclaim them back into the families they have left. We seek to aid them into quiting the Cult and coming home. If you can possibly get word to them without bring harm to yourself, please do so. Offer them friendship and comfort. Ask them to seek me out if need be on peaceful terms.

The Kelemvor Temple will offer aid to those in need. We offer healing to the hurt and if you are diseased we offer a cure. All we ask if for you to lend an ear and listens to the words and teaching of Kelemvor. We will not make you pay for services like some churches do. We want to strive and help you become a profound member of Waterdeep's diverse society. If you so Choose to take up the Mantle of a Kelemvorite good on you. Well will offer you aid in reaching Ormath to learn more about being a Kelemvorite from the priest there. A Kelemvorite is one to offer aid to the sick and dying. We offer comfort to those in need. We offer burial services to those without coin. As a Kelemvorite you will be tasked to destroy all undead and in his eyes that is an abomination. Kelemvor is a merciful God. He is Honest in his dealing and Just in his cause. All I ask is when death come be not afraid for when it is your time There is a better life awaiting you. Be not Angry for death has come knocking be happy that the pain of this world will pass. Honor those that have gone before you and forget them not. Thank you for your time this evening.

"As Aiden finishes speaking he offers a blessing over the crowd that has gathered"
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's