"Features" of EE...

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

"Features" of EE...

Post by Wild Wombat »

1) Save Character: It says successful, but I do not see it in my local vault (aka the "lcv" folder in EE). Has anybody been able to save a character, and if so, where does it go?

2) Alt Tab to change to another window: it crashes my EE. Any suggestions?

3) Visual effects: it is damn dark. Don't like it at all. How do I change that? jmecha reported what I found: no gamma slider. WW is not happy.

4) There is no diffeence between "Top Down" and "Drive Camera" modes. Does anybody else see a difference?
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Rumple C
Bard

Re: "Features" of EE...

Post by Rumple C »

on 2) I had the reverse effect. I can now tab freely in and out of EE where as it caused all kinds of problems with original NWN
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Rumple C wrote:on 2) I had the reverse effect. I can now tab freely in and out of EE where as it caused all kinds of problems with original NWN
Ah. It must have to do with the coriolis effect, you being a Kiwi and me being in the USA. :D

But actually, it is good to know that you are able to do it. It is probably some weird Windows thing ... maybe I can figure out what to do (actually, I will ask Gaia, he is much more likely to be able to figure it out than I am!)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Gaia_Nostra
Brown Bear

Post by Gaia_Nostra »

Wild Wombat wrote:1) Save Character: It says successful, but I do not see it in my local vault (aka the "lcv" folder in EE). Has anybody been able to save a character, and if so, where does it go?

2) Alt Tab to change to another window: it crashes my EE. Any suggestions?

3) Visual effects: it is damn dark. Don't like it at all. How do I change that? jmecha reported what I found: no gamma slider. WW is not happy.

4) There is no diffeence between "Top Down" and "Drive Camera" modes. Does anybody else see a difference?
  1. It seems to work for me. Keep in mind that your local vault is probably under your documents folder with a name like this:
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\localvault
    • Make sure you have enabled Windowed Mode within the nwn.ini file. This file is typically located here:
      C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights
      • Look for the section labeled {Display Options].
      • Make sure you have the entry AllowWindowedMode=1.
      • Note: You may change screen resolution and full screen settings within this section as well.
    • Darkness/Gamma settings. If you using Windows 10, you adjust your gamma value via the Display Color Calibration app (C:\Windows\System32\dccw.exe).
      • Right click on your desktop and select Personalize
      • In the "Find a Setting" box enter Calibrate color display
      • Click the next button 3 times, until you come to the Adjust Gamma window
      • Use the slider to adjust the gamma setting until you get the display the way you like it
      • Click the next button repeatedly until you get to the last page, then click "Finish"
    • Seems like there are some known bugs regarding cameras. You may have to live with what you have for now.
    Last edited by Gaia_Nostra on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    If the enemy is an ass and a fool and a rating
    coxcomb, is it meet, think you, that we should also,
    look you, be an ass and a fool and a prating
    coxcomb? in your own conscience, now?

Former Characters:
    (Silverymoon): Q’arq Olafstenza Fry
    (Waterdeep/Daggerford): Angus Porter, Cleric of Torm (aka the Slipshod Sergeant)
    Wild Wombat
    Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Wild Wombat wrote: [...] I will ask Gaia, he is much more likely to be able to figure it out than I am! [...]
    Correction: Gaia will figure it out and post the answers without even being asked.

Wild Wombat
    Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Does Windowed mode not have "Edge scrolling?" I mean when I move my cursor to the edge of the screen, I want the map to "turn." That is how I look around when I play!

If alt/tab does not work in full screen and edge scrolling does not work in windowed mode then these are killer flaws as far as I am concerned. I need to be able to tab out of game AND I need to rotate the screen by moving my mouse to the edge. This puts a huge damper on the playability of EE for me.

I hope somebody has a solution.

/EDIT: I guess windowed mode with driving camera and using the asd keys to turn the perspective seems to be my best bet of getting something like I want. I wish that alt/tab worked to switch from Full Screen mode to the other apps though. Sure seems like a major bug for Beamdog to me.

/Grumpy WW

Senor T
    Ogre

Post by Senor T »

Fwiw alt+tab works much better in EE for me than in classic. This in no way will help you WW, unless you want to drive to NC to play.
    Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
    Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
    Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
    Wild Wombat
    Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

For all of you that are tired of my whinningly asking questions, move along!

Okay, is there any way to separate the dialogue section from the "game action" section? I mean I would like to see conversations in one box and combat and log on/off information in another. Is there some setting?

Also, perhaps a change has been made, but do we no longer get notified when folks log on? Or is just DMs that we don't see? Ayergo just caught Murgen disobeying rule number one of ALFA: I need to get to DF for tonight, so I was running for the portal. (Yeah, I know, ban me now.) He took pity on me and only dropped Murgen one level for that horrible sin. Some DMs would have killed Murgen with no possibility of a Rez (I'm looking at you Andrew, wherever you are! :D )

Mick
    Beholder

Post by Mick »

Wild Wombat wrote:For all of you that are tired of my whinningly asking questions, move along!

Okay, is there any way to separate the dialogue section from the "game action" section? I mean I would like to see conversations in one box and combat and log on/off information in another. Is there some setting?

Also, perhaps a change has been made, but do we no longer get notified when folks log on? Or is just DMs that we don't see? Ayergo just caught Murgen disobeying rule number one of ALFA: I need to get to DF for tonight, so I was running for the portal. (Yeah, I know, ban me now.) He took pity on me and only dropped Murgen one level for that horrible sin. Some DMs would have killed Murgen with no possibility of a Rez (I'm looking at you Andrew, wherever you are! :D )
    Learned this last night from PA, who got it from Arri, I believe. Right click at the top of the dialogue box and you will get a radial menu that will allow you to separate them. Unfortunately, it resets to a single window every time you log on, but that is how you fix it.
    Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
    Wild Wombat
    Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Senor T wrote:Fwiw alt+tab works much better in EE for me than in classic. This in no way will help you WW, unless you want to drive to NC to play.
    Road Trip!

Gaia_Nostra
    Brown Bear

Post by Gaia_Nostra »

Mick wrote:
    Wild Wombat wrote:For all of you that are tired of my whinningly asking questions, move along!

Learned this last night from PA, who got it from Arri, I believe. Right click at the top of the dialogue box and you will get a radial menu that will allow you to separate them. Unfortunately, it resets to a single window every time you log on, but that is how you fix it.
    The one thing to remember is that you will need to do this each time you log in to EE. There is an open bug report, but it was not fixed in the most recent update.
    If the enemy is an ass and a fool and a rating
    coxcomb, is it meet, think you, that we should also,
    look you, be an ass and a fool and a prating
    coxcomb? in your own conscience, now?

Former Characters:
    (Silverymoon): Q’arq Olafstenza Fry
    (Waterdeep/Daggerford): Angus Porter, Cleric of Torm (aka the Slipshod Sergeant)
    dergon darkhelm
    Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

It looks as if object identification by merchants is disabled/nonfounctional

Unsure if it is a planned "feature"
    PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
    ayergo
    Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

dergon darkhelm wrote:It looks as if object identification by merchants is disabled/nonfounctional

Unsure if it is a planned "feature"
    not sure what's up with that but I noticed it too. Definitely not planned anyway.
    There's a place I like to hide
    A doorway that I run through in the night
    Relax child, you were there
    But only didn't realize and you were scared
    It's a place where you will learn
    To face your fears, retrace the years
    And ride the whims of your mind