Toliv Yanei (Cleric of Solonor Thelandira)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: Toliv Yanei (Cleric of Solonor Thelandira)

Post by ayergo »

Galadorn wrote:*Toliv completed his report below and had it ravened to Captain Severen immediately upon reaching Daggerford Militia Barracks*

-=-=-

Waterdeep City Watch Special Investigations Branch Report
Reporting member: Sergeant Toliv Yanei (In The Field)
RE
: Investigate Dragon Cult Clan

- Encountered a Black Dragon Scale Lancer far south of Waterdeep along the Trade Way, several miles North of Daggerford town. Lancer was winged and attacking wildlife without remorse, and after observation did not skin or collect meat from his kills.
- Encountered Lancer did not respond to hails or direct conversation or questions, ignoring me, and blocked the passage south.
- After a short discussion (1-sided), I made judgement the Lancer was hostile and summoned Dire Wolf that dispatched the threat.

Investigation ongoing.

Awaiting further orders, will continue the investigation.

¬Toliv Yanei, Special Investigations Branch

Sounds like Rick is.... 8) Dragon you into that quest!

Heeeyyyy yoooo!
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

*Toliv completed his report below, and includes a copy of the crumpled note, keeping the original, and has it ravened to Captain Severen immediately upon reaching the Daggerford Militia Barracks*

-=-=-

Waterdeep City Watch Special Investigations Branch Supplementary Report
Reporting member: Sergeant Toliv Yanei (In The Field)
RE
: Ghostly Hand Orc ambush

- Near Waterdeep Southern Patrol Squad resting area, just south, I was ambushed by a Ghostly Hand Orc Archer with poison ranged missile attack.
- Orc was dispatched, looted and buried.
- I am sending a crumpled note found on the Orc for your information.

The Waterdeep contingent there has been informed.

¬St. Toliv Yanei, Special Investigations Branch
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

*passed directly into the hands of Captain Severen himself*

Waterdeep City Watch Special Investigations Branch Report
Reporting member: Sergeant Toliv Yanei
RE:
Cult of Tiamat

- I was approached by a man wishing to recruit me into an organization today. He said he had followed me, and thinks my home in the Docks ward would make a good "headquarters".

- He claimed to have already a large following, including City Watch members ranking above Corporal ranks.

- After some discussion, he revealed his organization is very powerful, and their plans are to take over the city of Waterdeep from the top down.

- I attempted to use freezing divine magic to capture the man, failing that I grappled him, he attacked with arcane bolts of force, darkness, and fireballs. I gave chase and killed him.

Investigation ongoing. I will determine the location of the secret organization of Tiamat worshippers within the city.

Awaiting further orders.

¬St. Toliv Yanei, Special Investigations Branch
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Toliv checks the boards and asks around the Adventurers' Quarter about whass-on-the-go lately...
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

((Toliv Yanei was seen assassinated in the Adventurer's quarter, remains gathered and corpse brought to the City Watch Post in the Adventurer's Quarter by observers and rumor has it friends in arms... The same is reported as an official death by the City Watchwizard Sarya, Adventurer's Quarter Precinct...))
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

An unknown armored traveler meditates a moment leaving a small pile donation to the Seladrine Huntlord...

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

A Tale of Toliv's Death
-=-=-=-=-

A band of adventurers delved deep into Yintros with simple whispered word "Ulthorn".

Like a ticking clock together they cleared the bridges of flame - the second time they tried - they were ready - they succeeded...
...the secret The Wayfarer sought SO hard for, finally discovered.

Toliv was the first to see the portal to the garden of healing. He led the charge to that beautiful grass covered safehaven... where sat a moonwell of life...

.... after living hell on the Prime, his companions at his heels, he saw it, he ran for it... please stop the burning... the hours that led them all to this moment were as if hell itself seared their bodies ....

he ran for it

... looking behind him... Keryn.. Marisha... Trailyn...

he ran for it

.... but...

..Bran... Jackman... Dahvet....

he ran for it

... but he could not leave them.

Only footsteps from salvation he ....stopped...turned back... his mercenaries... his... companions... his ......friends... needed him... even if he could make it... but should he?
They remained.

He might be able to help ...........but.. another fireball from the beast of flame hit as he turned back and -------

WHITE

all white

the burns were gone

He was warm.

Ahead in the light stood the Huntlord. Solonor Thelandira. As expected. His faith was strong. He awaited this moment in life.

He stared the Huntlord in the eye..............

Slowly his soul hovered towards the great Hunter. He'd be at his side to hunt the great wilds of the eternal forever....

BLACK

all black

Like a hot bucket of water thrown into your face unexpectedly his soul ripped from the flight to the eternal hunting ground and whooshed back to his weak and crumpled mortal vessel... placed gently into a moonwell by his friend Dahvet Cor...

He stood. He had come back. The waters for whatever reason denied him his place next to Solonor...

He silently vowed to not waste this second chance for there would never be another.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

Going to make a shrine to Solonor Thelandira in Ardeep Woods. Maybe a merchant, too.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Rick7475 wrote:Going to make a shrine to Solonor Thelandira in Ardeep Woods. Maybe a merchant, too.
:lol:
Last edited by Galadorn on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

He had quite enough for a while... it was time for a hunt. Get away from...all..this.

Dying probably has that effect on an elf sometimes he thought.

The walk south towards Daggerford ..seemed strange. Things he knows he'd seen before felt new. Like memories were not completely erased from his mind...like a long drawn out dream of deja-vu-ness.

Dying probably has that effect on an elf sometimes he thought.

Something /was/ drawing him southward though. Soon enough he knew. A cave and shrine dedicated to his Huntlord. Now that was sincerely something he needed right now. He sat for many many hours at the water's edge bathing in Solonor's warmth. His heirloom longbow of yew on his lap he stared. The water was motionless and so quiet he could hear his own heartbeat. Perhaps it was time to stop. The high priestess there did not speak to him, only smiled. She too could sense he needed space. Perhaps he'd lay down his bow for good, hang his armor up, and don the divine robes eternal to serve others as a high cleric in this perfect place...

Dying probably has that effect on an elf sometimes he thought...
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Soon he finds himself at the foot of the grand palace of the Princess of the Wood Elves ... apparently... she is expecting him, and wants a word...

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Description Edit (February 9, 2018):

Toliv seems a little sullen these days. He is less openly cheerful and just a little more serious than before.

Recently, Toliv was graced with rare and fantastic gifts of old, from the Princess of the Misty Forest Village of Daggerford for his service to protect on patrols the surround of the Misty Village; The Ancient Armor of Aryvandaar and its compliment, an Ancient Vyshaan Cloak.

He also carries a divine Sheild of Solonor Thelandira, purchased from the Shrine to Solonor North of Daggerford.

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Journal entry

The Shrine of Solonor north of Daggerford is under ...stress. Forest Dryads corrupted by their Queen, and fueled by an ancient rivalry (humans at the root of course) has finally tipped it's scale, and the hate frenzied Fey are spreading northward. A powerful ward protects a towered Keep on the Dessarin River just south of the Shrine from the attacks of the Fey, who sought so long ago, to bring back the love sick Princess of the Lord of the Keep.

I will continue to defend the Shrine, keeping the Fey at bay. As I decide the best course of action to take, and what comrades to recruit for the assault upon the Keep. I will also hope to procure the deed and protectorate rites over the Keep and region of immediate lands of the surround from the Lords of Waterdeep proper. Converting the Keep eventually into a Church of Solonor will bring great peace to the region.

Most of all I truly hope the end the suffering of the Lost Fey, driven mad by an ancient curse. If I could speak to the Queen....... she may give me audience as my goal is to only help her Fey be calmed.

A lone undead warrior, slain nearby revealed some important clues towards the matter in a torn journal I claimed from his destroyed corpse. Curiously, I also found a very old, and rare Vyshaan Coin... further intriguing me to follow up on this situation as soon as possible since the curse be so ancient, if those within the keep were human... but still walk... I am sure undeath must power their shamblings now....

I must also research the name Abadus, perhaps his legacy may help me solve what must be solved for the ultimate safety of Lady Abereth and the devoutees of Solonor threatened....

~Toliv Yanei
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

...a careful patrol of the area south of the Shrine of Solonor led me to the unexpected... many Lost Fey, and lo-and-behold, their Queen, chanting around a strange portal surrounded by chrysallis like stones... daring to move toward, almost dazed by her beauty, overshadowed by her madness, the chanting went on... perhaps it was she who saw me before I could steal away, or another of her followers but the incantations soon turned upon me. I tried to call to her, to reason with her, she was blinded by my intrusion... My heritage saved me, Solonor's gifts saved me, and exhausting every boon in His arsenal against her she finally fell. Dying, the corruption seeped away from her and through pained stare I watched her sift away into the night, to float away forever. Upon the ground where she laid moments before what I found left was an old key.

Exhausted, and with few blessings left, I took the key, and made my way back to the Shrine.

Had I done the right thing?
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Journal Entry,

Traveling the streets of Waterdeep in search of new tomes of lore. The older the better. Gathering as many as possible on any subject, whie costly, will certainly aid my cause.

Seeking information on Lord Dystrom and the Wizard Abadus, will help determine the safest process to use the Old Key, enter the Warded Keep on the Dessarin River, and hopefully help those within that may or may not need it. Perhaps my research may enlighten me more on why the Queen of the Fey corrupted so much as well.

More knowledge will also help me choose the best crew to accompany me within, when the time comes, as this mission would be suicide alone. At the very least my assumptions that the Keep is cursed with the Undeath will allow for a mass cleansing of such abominations in the region, and thwart what could possibly be a devastating event if somehow the Keep opened and that within spill out. Especially with the Shrine to my Huntlord so so close nearby.

When cleansed, and if the Lords' of Waterdeep allow me to commission the rites to the immediate area, and the legality to rebuild the Keep if successful, I will rename and devote it's reconstruction to Solonor Thelandira - opening a Church for those who Hunt in His name.

~Toliv Yanei