The Shadow Falls (18+ violence murder and who knows)

For 18+ stories, poems and other creative art.
Muse
Ice Queen of ALFA

The Shadow Falls (18+ violence murder and who knows)

Post by Muse »

I curse you At’ar

It is no simple feat to blot out the light from the day time sky. Sure there are events of the heavens and machinations of the gods that can blot out the light. Yet She, always returns bright, hot, and angry.

When I was a child I used to shout my curses to the cruel woman my people know as At’tar. She was blamed for the death of strong men, cattle, and babe alike. My people are nomads of the Anauroch, outsiders call us Bedine. I am an outsider to most Bedine, despite being born to a sheikh’s daughter. My people have dark skin, dark hair, and dark eyes, I do not. My mother swore on her life that I was her husband’s blood, and she paid that price while I was still a babe. The sheikh’s mother, a revered elder among us persuaded my father to not have me share my mother’s fate.

My father was a mighty warrior. Nothing like the gleaming knights of civilized places. Killing was my father’s gift and he fed and protected us with that gift. I remember his eyes most vividly. They were hollow like looking into a dead things eyes. Maybe that is the toll that being a killer takes on your soul.

I lived among the tribe, but never was as one of the tribe. Life in the wastes is harsh, everything is deadly. There is no where to hide from At’ar. Her death is one of exposure; the light plays tricks with your eyes. The heat drains the water from your body. If you wear protective leather, it suffocates you all the faster. Outsiders often leave those expensive suits of metal behind at Her gaze.

My 13th winter the snowwinds came as they do every year; my tribe took shelter in one of the forgotten places. Ruins of an ancient people left to be buried in the sands. The cold tore into the un protected ruins and drove us deeper into the ground. Deeper then we should have gone. There was only one of them, a huge monster with no body a single large eye, and 10 more eyes on tendrils coming from its head. The battle was swift, and we were not the victors. It used dark magic to keep the ‘children’ under its control. It made us dine on our fallen tribesmen to sustain ourselves through the winter. I can not say I ever truly understood the creature, I only obeyed.
Last edited by Muse on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M

As your attorney, I advise you to tell me where you put the goddamn mescaline.
-hst duh

<Mikayla> I think Muse's sin is not sloth, however, but Wrath.
thinkpig
Orc Champion

Re: The Shadow Falls (18+ violence murder and who knows)

Post by thinkpig »

fucking awesome, welcome back muse! :)
"So Mom, Dad... about that gold those guys brought me when I was a baby. You remember that GOLD, right?" - Jesus
Aitana
Dancing Queen

Re: The Shadow Falls (18+ violence murder and who knows)

Post by Aitana »

Like this a lot. Excited to see where this is going. Give us more!

Dani

(On a side note Mel I want to have your babies LOL)
Mikayla wrote:ALFA is truly the Magic Kingdom