Coldness in the Heart (18+ Some swearing, implied scenes)

For 18+ stories, poems and other creative art.
Zakharra
Orc Champion

Coldness in the Heart (18+ Some swearing, implied scenes)

Post by Zakharra »

(Everything is from Audra's point of view and reflects what she is thinking at the time. Anything in italics is a thought. She's not stupid enough to say any of this out loud. She knows it'd get her killed.)

Audra sat high in the mountains above Silverymoon, in a copse of alpine trees that guarded the entrance to the temple of Auril. The wind was fierce and icy cold. It's frigid touch sucking the heat from living flesh to leave it cold and frozen. Snow sat heavy on the dark thin needled branches, shielding the thickly bundled young woman from the wind.

Her breath fogged the air, where the trees grew in the least windy spot on that part of the mountain, kept the air mostly still and calm. The sun was near the edge of the horizon, night readying itself to throw the cloaks of Selune and Shar over the world.

As the day quickened to twilight, the auburn haired girl sat huddled in thick wool blankets and a hastily mended torn robe. She stared into the distance, not seeing the thin low clouds of icy snow the wind blew, tears freezing on her cheeks as she thought on the events on the last few days. Of her 'family'.

You were kind to me, in a gruff way, Xujja. You took in and helped a lost girl. I can understand why, but I see it for what it is. She scrubbed the ice from her cheeks with a mittened hand, only to have new tears run over the cheeks to freeze anew. Your Pack, your 'family' and our goddess, Auril, and killing, is all you care about. You don't care for anything else. Audra thought, huddling and shivering slightly in the blankets.

I liked you, despite the fact you are a barbarian. You helped me, took me to bed. Which should have told me what you really wanted. Angrily she scrubs her face again, her pretty face scowling. The Pack, or family is almost as bad as you. You promised me things, then turned and married her when I was away in Silverymoon, Audra's thoughts turned to her 'family'.

Xujja... He was a barbarian of the Elk tribe. Hard and cruel, he could feign enough civilized behaviour to fool a lonely girl. She'd known he liked to hurt and see others be hurt. The first night with him had shown that. But she had persevered. for all of his cruelty, he was kinder than the apprentices, journymen and masters in the
Host Tower she'd fled from. She'd also been swayed by talk of marriage. It'd been enough to make her warm to him. Always before she'd been used, whether as a servant, apprentice, a object lesson or the focus of an arcane ritual, in an uncaring manner, to be sent back to the small cell that was her room.

Xujja had helped her find several small jobs, given some money to get her into the Silverymoon collage even though she wasn't a wizard, but a sorceress. He'd even helped her with her religious questions and needs to repay Auril for saving her life when she'd fled Luskan.

Now she saw him for what he was. A barbarian fanatic. Not for his tribal ways, which he still mostly followed, but a fanatic of Auril. He'd gleefully kill and let the world freeze for the Icy Goddess. Using the Queen of Cold to give his murderous intent a veneer of 'justification'.

It had come out with her first time with the full Pack. They'd been hired to 'convince' a group of elven colonists from settling nearby Silverymoon. By a man everyone else knew, but she didn't. It was her first time with everyone. Before then, she'd only seen Xujja, Lotus the most, Hollis and Al-Ham once or twice in passing. Everyone of the group, Xujja, Lotus, Holis, Al-Ham and Jasmine, the Auril priestess, had been more than enthused at the thought of killing. Any talk of getting them to leave peacefully was skipped over quickly and the talk settled on the most effective way to kill the elves.

It had shocked her and she'd voiced her surprize. Only to recieve a beating from Xujja and be given a choice. Are you a peasant or cutter? He'd asked her as she lay, sobbing on the ground, her face bruised and bloody. Right then she knew she had no choice if she wanted to live. They couldn't let her live, not with what she knew, enough to make real trouble for them if she ran to the law.

Well? Peasant or cutter? He'd asked again, when she stood, he had grabbed her arm and was starting to walk back up the mountain, to kill her she thought and blurted, Cutter. After that, he'd smiled, in a way that made her heart lurch in her chest despite her pain and dislike for what he had done to her.

At the encampment, Xujja had pushed the elves until there was no choice but to kill. As he'd always intended, she was sure. I hope you get hit with a giant's club in the crotch.

The other members of the Pack were...

Hollis The smal lmurderous hin was a true fanatic. She could still see his enthusuasm and eagerness to kill in her mind. He'd shown great skill in sneaking into the tent to grab the female elf and use her as a hostage. His laughter as the elves died. and the joy he'd shown in killing for Auril. I hope you die in a fire Hollis. You little shite

Al-Ham, human male, a bard or something, she wasn't sure. He'd shown nearly as much pleasure in killing as Hollis. He'd also frightened her when he heard her whispering 'I'm so sorry" as she fired her crossbow at the elves. I hear you, he'd hissed through the twanging of bowstrings, screams and the clang of blades on armor and chopping into flesh. He was watching her more carefully, she was sure.

Jasmine The female cleric of Auril. So different than the clerics she'd met in the Luskan Temple. Harder, more cruel and cold, and not bound by the overbearing hands andf eyes of the true rulers of Luskan that those clergy had been. The young white haired ,not by old age More's the pity you spiteful hag, she thought angrily, was what the Luskan clergy would be if not constrainted by the HostTower. She'd also shown great enthusiasm for killing the elves.

She'd also put Audra on the spot back at the temple after the murders were done. She'd noticed Arudra's shivering and had asked, ordered really, Aurdra to remove her heavy winter robe and 'embrace Auril's cold'. Audra had refused, reciting the oath she'd given Xujja and Auril. The murderous hin gleefully stripped, to kneel beside the white haired cleric. Who had demanded again Audra remove the robe. When Audra refused, she'd torn the robe and kept up her ranting spiel while Audra fell to her knees in the snow and fierce wind. The torn robe no longer protecting her. Only when Audra was lying on her side on the snow, frostbite starting to set in, had she helped Audra into the temple and used her ability to remove the cold from the freezing girl. Vicious bitch

Then there was the drow...
Lotus.... The drow dancer/courtesan. Who Aydra thought was the most friendly and likable. She was now Xujja's wife. Wife of the cruel Elf barbarian, yet Audra could not easily hate the woman. She was everything Audra had missed out while growing up. She knew how to deal with people, how to be polite, kind, gentle, graceful and polished. The drow woman had also offered to teach Audra, to be more cultured and striking. A whore's skills, but Audra knew they could be used for more than that.

Lotus had enjoyed killing the elves, but that didn't bother Audra as much as the others. Lotus, at least, had a racial reason to hate surface elves You.. I'd hit with a hard pillow, and because of you, I will not hurt Xujja. She was the most like a sister to the young half elven Audra than any of the others.

All of them were the Pack, her 'family'. I'd leave, but I did help kill the elves. My hands are stained with their blood. more so. They have killed before and often. This is the first murders for me. Fresh tears freezing on her cheeks, Audra looked at her mittened hands, seeing blood on them even though she had only used her crossbow in killing them. For better or worse, I'm like them. A killer, murderer for mere money under a veneer of respectability. I don't want to be like them or with them. They'd kill me if I left. She covered her face, sobbing quietly. Damn them, damn them ALL, Auril! I'm not a killer like that barbarian son of a rancid bitch! I am NOT A BARBARIAN! I hate him. I hate Hollis, I hate the darkie and I hate Jasmine! I hate them ALL!

She cried quietly, the wind covering any noises she made. When the tears dried, Audra srubbed the ice from her blotchy red eyes face. I hate them, but Xujja is right, damn him. With them I have a family. People that will protect me. Except for Hollis. He'd giggle if I was dying. But the others will help, I think. I hate them, but .... The young woman sighed heavily, looking up into the now dark skies. The bright pinpricks of stars sparkling in the velvet shroud of night that now swathed the world. The moon was a thin sliver on the eastern horizon. I might hate them, but they are all I have. You saved me before. I hope I can make a home here with you and them. She thought.

Sighing, Audra stood, wrapping the blankets around her. She trudged through the thigh deep snow, headed to the temple. It was time for worship. At the entrance, Audra cast a last look up at the starts. Seeing their cold beauty shining in the black night. Then without a word, she went inside to walk the path she'd chosen. With the cold hearted goddess she had sworn to serve.
NWN1 PC: Yathtallar Faerylene
Aluve Inthara Despana, Beloved of Sheyreiza Tlabbar

NWN2 PC: Audra from Luskan.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Re: Coldness in the Heart (18+ Some swearing, implied scenes)

Post by Mikayla »

Nicely written Zak. It looks like Audra is in for a tough ride.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

:twisted: *giggles* :twisted:

I love it Zak! Keep it coming please!
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

You've got a gift, Zak...more, please :D
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

Very well written, thanks for joining us in the library

J
pangolin
Shambling Zombie

Post by pangolin »

ahhh...it was like being there all over again
"...And when they catch you, they will kill you.
But first, they must catch you..."
Richard Adams
Muse
Ice Queen of ALFA

Post by Muse »

deleted by author
Last edited by Muse on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M

As your attorney, I advise you to tell me where you put the goddamn mescaline.
-hst duh

<Mikayla> I think Muse's sin is not sloth, however, but Wrath.
Zakharra
Orc Champion

Post by Zakharra »

Scowling Audra glared at the obstacle before her. Her fist thumping on the door to the shrine. It remained closed. A thick layer of ice sealing the doors. Audra shot a last heated glare, then sighed and let a hand rest on the ice. The wind howled around the mountain peaks. Stray whisps blasting the small copse of trees by the shrine.

After several minutes, she pulled her hand back. Auril's shrine felt.. empty. As if She was no longer there. Audra sighed, pulling on a glove. "She's gone. They are gone..", she whispered, beginning the long trudge back through the snow towards the road.

She was sweating in her thich robes and cloak when the road came into sight. Pushing her way through the waist deep was exhausting. Auril was protecting her place. Readying it for the next worshipers to find. She stopped, looking around her, at the tall snow capped mointains, the particles of snow blowing in the fierce wind. Below the trees were bent by the wind, bringing the scent of rock, earth, and pine to mingle with ice and snow before passing over the peaks and through the pass.

The auburn haired sorceress pulled a fur-lined cap off her head. Letting whisps of hair blow about her face in the wind. She took out a much folded and read piece of parchment, rereading the words yet again, the explaination of the Pack leaving, then..

We know you dont want to live with us, but you do out of obligation to the Queen for saving you. We dont want that. Consider yourself free of your debt. If you decide you do love us and /want/ to be there with us... You will find your way to Baldur's Gate city. However, if you show up there is no more complaining and no more hesitant loyalty. We ARE fanatics, you need to be one to be able to stand us. If you resent my orders and whine and complain to your family or about them and/or your orders.
Then we dont want you. If you WANT to be with us and to server your Queen, come

There was more, but that was the gist of it. Be one of us or f%$k off Her lips thinned as the letter was crumpled in her hand. He rejected her? HER?! Because she wasn't fanatical enough? "No. That's not why you did it Xujja. You did it because I'm not a barbarian. I'm not some broad shouldered bitch with balls bigger than you screaming and swinging a large sword or axe. Well guess what! I'm NOT AN AURIL CURSED BARBARIAN! If you cannot accept that fact, f%$k you! I'm not a barbarian, not a person that eats other sentient beings."

"You say you hate fire, but you stupid idiot, you use it's benifit every damned day! Your sword, your armor. The hatchets you use. Those were made with FIRE! If you loved ice and cold so damned much then use weapons made from them and throw your fire made things into the snow!" She shrieked, arms raised at the cold sky. Anger burned from her face and in the freezing tracks of tears on her face.

The wind whipped the words away and she fell to her knees, face buried idn her hands. "I hate you Xujja!"

"Do you? Are you sure? He did abandon you. Used you and tossed you aside like a used loincloth when he found a more beautiful, willing and submissive woman., a voice very much like her own whispered in her mind

"H-h-e did help me" She gulped, scrubbing her cheeks.

He threw you aside like a used whore

"No! He gave his reasons. I'm not like him. I'm.. soft."

Weak

"I can be better! I can!" Audra declared, hands clenched tight at her sides.

A failaure. He left you behind because he sees nothing in you.

"No damn it! He saw something in me"

Besides a nice bust and a pretty butt? You saw what he did when he got better. You cannot compare to Lotus.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut it!" The heated glare was back as her head whipped around, glaring.

He left you like a dog. He despises you. You like him

"No! I loath him!"

You want him. To feel his arms around you.

"I hate him! I do!" She cried.

You don't.

"I do!"

You love him. Don't you?

"...." She froze, mouth open, a hand half raised to make a point. Damn it... did she love him despite his actions?

See? You DO love him still. He treated you like a whore and you still want him

She glared into the breeze, more of her hair blowing around her face. "I-I-I..."

Admit it.. You love him still and want to go crawling back to him like a bitch in heat. The voice sneered.

Audra's face turned a dark red, with anger or embarassment she couldn't say. Either or both. "...well.. So do you! Don't YOU love him too?"

"Hah! I thought so." Smirking, she stood, folding her arms across her chest as she kicked her way to the road. The heavy clouds overhead already dumping more snow. Auril protected Her own. Audra sighed, and hunching over trudged down to the road.

You admit you love him still, and Lotus. What will you do now? Stay here or follow him? Follow like a bitch in heat, or as something more?

"I want to be with him and the others", she muttered.

Even Hollis, Al'Hamm and Jasmine?

A scowl came over her face. She still didn't care much for Holis. The other two were almost as bad. "I don't like them that much..."

If you follow, you cannot be as you where. You will be asked to do more evil. What will you do, Audra?

She stopped, looking down at the letter again. The increasing wind plucked at the edges, fluttering them.

Stay, her crimes here might be discovered. She's be alone again, in a unfamiler place. Abandoned...
Follow, she would be back with the Pack. Again in a strange place, but with people that would, hopefully, protect her and in an area that wouldn't know her past. Bladur's Gate wasn't a friend of Luskan either..

"I-I want to..." a gust of wind nearly tore the letter from her mittened hand.

What do you want? What do WE want? Stay or go? The choice is simple. Stay and be the same. Go and change.

She looked up into the sky. Fresh snow blowing down from the swollen clouds. "Auril. You saved me once. I don't know if it was intentional or just a whim to freeze some hunters, but I owe you my life. What do you want of me? To be a murdering fanatic like Xujja? To be satisfied butchering people because it makes me happy?" Decisively she stripped off the cloak and robes, folding them under her knees and she knelt in the snow. Hands folded before her, head bowed, she prayed while darkness fell and winter winds whipped strong and fierce in the mountains. A thick mantle of Auril's icy blessing covering the high mountains and a lost young woman.

... in the morning, the snow was still falling. More gently now that the wind now gone. On the road a lone figure staggered along, bundled in a thick patched robe and cloak, it made it's way down through the pass to the warmer lands. Leaving behind tracks of ice and snow, then water as it melted. From under the hood the woman stared sightlessly at the road.

Audra had made her choice. Raising her head, she pulled back the hood, letting a dim sun shine on her face. Her hair was a wet wind whipped mess and large patches of white covered her cheeks and throat. She knew the frostbite would heal and her pace grew a bit stronger as she neared Silverymoon.

Water dripped from the cloak as she stood by the gates, looking at the city. The city where she could stay and learn. To be a great sorceress and forget the past. To forget the murders, anguish and pain. To be happy.

Slowly she turned west and headed towards Rivermoot. Away from the silver promise of a new life.

As she walked, Audra hugged herself tight, feeling the cold still lingering in her bones and flesh. In her mind she whispered quietly, Only Auril can decide of my debt is paid, Xujja. That is not your choice to make. You thought to get rid of me, so be it, but you forgot I PAY my debts and I'll be damned and dead before I give up on them and you, you bastard of a rancid bitch. I will change. Life is change. To stay the same is to die. I'm not going to be like you. I'll be me. A new me. If you don't like it, you'll have to kill me to keep me from following you, but I am coming Xujja. For good or ill, I do love you and you all are my Pack. A Pack of murderers, thieves and fanatics. Besides, I still have a lot to learn from Lotus.

Audra smiled widely, frost bitten skin and chapped lips cracking and bleeding. "Are you a peasant or cutter you once asked of me. Well, I am a cutter, Xujja. You need to remember though, that the sharpest edges will cut both ways", she murmured, forcing her stride to a normal pace. "Xujja,, I am coming to you and my sister, Lotus. "
NWN1 PC: Yathtallar Faerylene
Aluve Inthara Despana, Beloved of Sheyreiza Tlabbar

NWN2 PC: Audra from Luskan.
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

damn girl! nicely done!
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

Very nice story, give us more

J