The Cold Road (18+ sexy and violent)

For 18+ stories, poems and other creative art.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Re: The Cold Road

Post by Mikayla »

Wow, that was really well written J. I got chills with the last line.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Enjoying it man, keep it goin!
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

Once when he was a child he had heard something like this. A winter wind howled outside his tent, an angry merciless sound that blended with the eerie singing he heard.

This time he was sure the singing was real. He had caused it, asked for it. A woeful and somber song in a foreign language tempted emotions out of him. Dark sad notes lured him to cry for terrible things he had not yet even done.

Lying curled close to his sister Lotus with his head in her lap, Xujja took a deep calming breath. He closed his eyes as the beautiful drow maiden ran her fingers through his hair. The touch numbed him and caused him to let go.

To the soft sounds of an ancient drow song of loss and emptiness, Xujja drifted off to sleep.

**************************************************************************************************

Again a womans voice interrupted his thoughts as he watched fish in the river.

"Hello Xujja" The voice hesitated before adding more. "Would you rather be alone?"

Why would Dawn Shiningeye be talking to me again?

The tiefling in blue platemail shrugged. "I am not sure I ever really solve anything by by watching fish"

*************************************************************************************************

Xujja wasnt sure how he got to talking about Lotus when he was alone with Audra. Sitting there in the shade of the giant trees outside Rauvinwatch keep, he was sure his friend Ix had told him something about not mentioning one girl to another.

"Lotus and I are becoming very close. Im always hesitant to say love... but I feel its going that way."

The half elven beauty turned her eyes to the grass, she was prettier than most people in the kingdom yet Xujja could see a jealous pang and a worry creep over Audras features for a moment.

"Growing close... like we are?" She asked him.

It would be a needless cruelty to tell her Lotus fills my mind even when we kissed moments ago.

Xujja looked at the beautiful lass a moment before speaking. Pondering his feelings for his sister Audra.

Tell her. Even if you hurt her and she cries... She is even more beautiful crying.
Tell her that sleep isnt even an escape from thoughts of Lotus.

Xujja still didnt speak. Audra hadnt ever seemed to serious about anything ever before. Her faith was barely present, and she seemed to do nothing so well as complain to Xujjas perceptions. Yet, now she seemed worried. Xujja thought of a better thing to say than a taunt.

"Close like us? What do you mean? Do you love me, Audra?"

Her answer surprised him.

"I think so... I couldnt be with you otherwise."

*************************************************************************************************

"Who? Can you tell me more?" She asked with a touch of curiosity to her beautiful voice.

Lotus and Xujja stood on a ridge in the Nether mountains, looking out at the majesty of the range. The two kept talking while watching the suns rays fade out on the chasm wall.

"Her name is Audra of Luskan. A half elf lass with pretty eyes, a perfect ass... and that terrible ugly Luskan accent"

"You seem to attract a lot of pretty ladies"

"I fear saying that out loud could ruin such good fortune."

"I think as long as you keep our Queen pleased, you will keep being blessed."

When I fail her, I lose them too. Like my darling snowflake

"I like your idea, Ill hope it is true"

**************************************************************************************************

"Im thinking of taking another bride" He said into the silence between him and Dawn.

"Or two more... two I think might work out at least" He added

The blond girls forehead wrinkled in what Xujja assumed was mock sympathy. She loved talking about Essmi because she knew it hurt him. Still, he had let the conversation go this way so he must want the barb twisted a little bit.

"Still no word of Essmi?" She asked

"No, but she will hold the place of first wife no matter how things work out, regardless of distance or convenience."

A skilled actress to the core, trained by the liars in the sun temple, she nodded with empathy that seemed so very real. The sad glimmer in her eye made him think back on the time when they had attempted to be lovers.

Probably exactly what she wants. Say something else to make it hurt a lil more now lass.

She spoke so softly he barely heard her. "Im sorry"

"Its my fault" He said

Xujja had to admit she was good. Dawn brought tears up in her eyes for him to see. Even though he was sure there was nothing true or solid in this girl he loved seeing her eyes wet with tears.

"Just as you were punished by the gods and deserved some mocking... So too do I deserve what was delivered to me"

Why am I telling this to Dawn?

"I refused to lead the faithful... even as people threw themselves to their knees for me and offered their loyalty... I asked my wife, the clergy, to lead"

"I wanted to be a lazy fisherman forever and told her to take charge" He added.

Dawn still wasnt speaking so Xujja kept on.

"So Auril took my little snowflake"

Dawn was still looking at the water. Xujja doubted the story really touched her at all, but it was a nice fantasy to maintain that the wet eyes were real.

"I was forced to let go and accept, and once again I am rewarded"

A little gray tiefling boy stood apart from the large group gathered, but looked on from a distance with as much curiosity as anyone else in the tiny camp of White-Pines.

The young men of the village had come back from a raid. For the Elk the chance to take loot and plunder from the civilized world or other tribes was their single greatest drive. Bravery in such raids was how leaders and chieftains were made.

All of the men who had left were injured and showed signs of the fight, but none had fallen. One of the men brought back a captive. The woman was much the same as any other washed out and tired barmaid from any overworked tavern in Faerun, but to the dirty savages of White-Pines she was a prize.

The woman knelt before the man whom had captured her, the man who was to be her husband now.

Xujja knew jealous rage then as he stared at the scene, the chief embracing the young man and giving him a gift of his own tent... a new tent for the man so he could live with his wife captured in battle.

They will never let me join in a raid.

The tribe cheered for the men, corks were pulled from looted bottles and toasts were made. Old men wished the young warrior and his captive a fine family of many sons.

I will never get the chance to capture a wife from the southlands, and none in the tribe would ever look at me either.

As if on cue one of the villagers girls, a plump girl with a piggish nose, noticed him and started throwing rocks.

Seeing Lotus with her hood down to reveal her full beauty had a way of lifting burdens. Seeing her smile was even better. She knew he liked both, so she showed her face often even when it pained her to do so. She smiled often as well, she was smiling now a lot.

He was sure there was a conversation, but it slipped his mind as he considered what he was seeing. The playful eyes, the flirting... she had moved closer closer to him as they talked.

She was even right now leaning close, that sweet voice saying something even sweeter.

Im supposed to kiss her

The tiefling hesitated a moment, but only a moment, before doing what he was supposed to do and grabbing up the drow girl for their first kiss.

Dawn was whispering now, he to admit being amused by her sick curiosity.

"This woman... your reward... is a drow?"

"Youd like to meet her sometime?" He answered.

"If you would like for me to meet her"

"She will become more and more public, her art demands it."

"Her art? She is a mage?"

"No, she is an artist. Like...real art. Someone with actual cultural value that is lacking from simple shamans and sword-swingers."

Dawn kept quiet watching him speak.

"She has voice that is so sweet that my Queen hears her singing, and owns her for it."

"She makes you happy then"

"A moment ago you were fine with other girls... and now you hesitate when you find out its Lotus I was talking about?"

Audra still didnt look at him, her eyes on the grass.

"Its just... she is a drow! You cant expect me to forget..."

Well at least its not jealousy.

"Sister, you have all your life been snubbed and left out because you were half an elf."

He reached out and stroked her silky copper hair while he said more.

"The elves probably treat you worse"

Audra nodded.

"Consider who your allies in this world are, your family. Look at me."

The half elven lass did as bidden and looked up at him.

"I dont /have/ a race... and neither do you. Any one of any race can come to our Queen. Lotus is your Sister by the same mother, our Queen. This is what matters, not bad things done to you by drow... Im sure more humans have done bad things to you than drow have.

Audra nodded again.

A tiny canvas tent in the middle of deep snows. Inside a stunning beauty of a drow helped the tiefling warrior take off his platemail.

"The other day when we kissed..."

Somehow Lotus managed a shy look downward and let him speak.

"How much of that was practiced and what was real? Any of it?"

"What if I say both?"

"What do you mean? You know you dont have to be with me to stay here with our family."

"No. I mean I used the tricks I know make men desire a woman, to get what I wanted."

"So the kiss was the goal then, the real part?"

"Yes."

"You always seem to say exactly the right thing, Lotus."

The drow girl rewarded him with a sweet smile and a kiss on the cheek. She opened her mouth and rewarded him even more with her words.

"I have to admit you give me new exciting feelings... I am rather smitten with you"

"Smitten, I like you using that word about me."

They had their second kiss then, and then a third, a fourth and fifth.

A slender graceful hand swept over his hair lovingly. "Can I do anything for you?"

"Im exhausted Sister, can I lie on your lap and have you sing me to sleep?"

Lotus smiled for him again.

"I would love to, come lie down."

Thanks again to everyone still reading

J
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

Very nice J. I love the way you intermix the scenes. But ... falling in love? With a drow? What are you thinking? ;)
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

mr duncan wrote: Dark sad notes lured him to cry for terrible things he had not yet even done.
One of the nicest lines I've read yet. Love it! Keep it up.
:)
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

It was a fine elven-made tent of dove gay hue that just barely peeked up out of the snow. It was not an uncommon thing for this tent to be pitched in the snows of the Nether mountains. It was not an uncommon thing for its tiefling owner to have a cute young girl in the tent with him.

This was not a common night however. His companion was much more beautiful than even the pretty girls he was now accustomed to. This night was also unusual because Xujja was not alone with one lass, but had just spent an evening of passion with two ladies in his tent.

the tiefling had been staring at the top of the tent, reveling in his evening of great fortune but he noticed Audras eyes open. She had her head on his chest looking up at him with a loving smile.

"Thank you Sister. Thank you for accepting her as your family and thank you for not making me chose between you both." He said to her once he noticed she was awake

"It was very nice. I am glad I opened up for her, I dont fear her anymore." She said as she ran her hand over his chest.

Audra snuggled closer to him and spoke again.

"Will we... both... be your wives now?"

"Yes, Id like that a lot.

Audra seemed to like the idea, she kissed on his ear so he gave her more.

"Youll be one anothers wife too."

Audra sat up a little bit with an arm over his chest, to look down at his face.

"Am I your wife now?" She asked as she gave a playful nip of a bite to his shoulder.

"Not yet darling. You are my Sister, I cant treat you like a battle captive... We should kneel before our goddess and have oaths. Then youll be my wife."

Audra was smiling wide now. "I will gladly be your wife... and give you many children."

Such words were all too sweet for him to hear after his disappointing relationship with Dawn. Since then he had wanted hear a pretty lass say something like that.

"Those words threaten to drive me mad, Sister"

"Mad with desire, I hope" She grinned

"Damn, are you done sucking face yet?!?" The rough voice called out from behind him.

Xujja had been staring at the water flowing under the bridge outside High Hold, but turned to look at his brother Hollis. The hin hadnt made any noise as he approached save for his frustrated call that got the tieflings attention. Hollis was not only a natural sneak like most of his race, but he was one of the legendary Jalanthar rangers... a falling leaf made more noise than him.

Being quiet, however, was not on Hollis mind at the moment. He had crossed arms and an almost pouting quality to his face.

"You been missing more than a week, suckin on some girls something somewhere." The hin ranger said.

"I uh.... Im allowed to do that, Brother"

"You also got a 'sponsibility to put loot in your cutters pockets, aint ya?"

Xujja couldnt argue with his brother.

"Well, you seemed busy with your guild and all.."

"I got my reasons for being there."

"Right, father issues. I understand... I have a mother with a big shadow"

Hollis didnt like talking about his father, he changed the subject.

"So what were you thinking here? Plotting to get up another girls skirt?"

Xujja let the insults slide. Hollis was one of the few left who remembered Essmi. Not only did he remember her, he was of the opinion that Xujja shouldnt chase other girls while his beloved priestess was gone. He couldnt fault Hollis for loyalty to his leaders wife... even if that meant taking out some of it on your liege.

"Plotting? No... I think I got this girl thing mostly sorted out."

Hollis gave an intense frown.

"Anyway, lets get to work Brother?"

"Aye, lets"

Oh damn... they are both standing.

As he walked up to the bend in the river where he expected to find Lotus and her tent, he also saw Audra there talking to her. Neither were seated and they had several yards of space between them. The scene spoke of tension and mistrust, not how oath-sisters should behave. Certainly not how he wanted to see his two romantic interests to be treating one another.

Son of a bitch. Audra is going to lose control... Ill probably have to hurt her.

Walking up to the nearby tent, Xujja tossed down his pack and his sword. Normally he would walk right up and hug or kiss either of these ladies... but now both of them were here, and no one looked comfortable. The warriors eyes flickered over the ladies weapons, studied their stance. He decided there may be some hope for the scene when both the ladies greeted him.

After returning their greetings he decided to interupt the conversation with something easy to deal with

"Either of you ladies hungry? I can catch us some fish"

Thankfully one of them was.

"Yes, please brother. I am just about out of food." The cloaked and hooded drow said.

To most eyes it seemed like Xujja crept along alone in the cave, this is because most eyes wouldnt have been able to detect Hollis just feet away from him in the shadows.

A sudden howl from a handful of orcs came from around corner as the tiefling was rushed. It was a trap of course, Hollis stepped out of the dark and took down one of their number before they reached the Elk warrior in blue plate. With a few more savage hacks the other orcs fell quickly, the last one trying to run and getting an even more brutal hacking from the two.

Instead of laughing or cheering, or even a worried congratulations to each other for their performance, the two went back to their conversation and merely stepped over the bodies.

"Figured out eh? Somehow I doubt that but Id like to hear it anyway." Hollis said, unseen in the blackness.

"Yeah... theres a whole lot of diffrences to girls and all but it really boils down to two types."

"Two types?"

"Yeah... just two types of girls in the world. 'Dawns' and 'Irannes'... thats prettymuch it."

"Let me guess... the Dawns bad. Who is Iranne?"

"Iranne was a gold elf that loved me"

Two orcs with greatswords came hurling out of the darkness at them running full speed. Xujja ducked under the guard of the first one and loped his leg off. By the time he had turned around to the other one Hollis had hamstrung it and it was hanging on to life by a thread.

Xujja shoved his greatsword through the back of the orc and gave it a twist.

Hollis wiped blood from his face and carried on the conversation. "So whats a Dawn then?"

"You cant tell? They speak of love early on, and often... long before its appropriate. Jealous girls too. they give compliments before they are deserved, and pledges of devotion that are said far to early and without hesitation or thought. I liken it to being hungry for something to eat... but the only thing you are given is a lump of sugar."

"A lump of sugar?"

"Yeah. Its a burst of sweet that isnt bound to last, and it only makes you more hungry when you are done. You resent them for giving you something so worthless on an empty stomach"

"Wait a minute... Essmi was jealous. You calling her a Dawn?"

There he goes again, trying to find a reason to get mad at me for being disloyal to my snowflake. I should be angry, but I guess this is what having a Brother is like.

"Of course not, Brother."

Xujja was busy looking for a fish to feed Lotus, walking up and down the shores edge. Behind him the conversation had seemed to go in circles. The only good sign was that Lotus had at least taken her seat so as to be less threatening to the constantly spooked Audra.

Xujja had been doing his best to shut up and let them talk it out, he was sure they needed to find their own peace rather than him enforcing it... but Audra was wearing his patience.

Its like she thinks she is the only one who people have given a rough time to.

"I just dont know... I just... such terrible things were done to me" The redheaded half elf said.

"Sister... Audra... my village was destroyed, its people put to the axe or enslaved, by Luskan. I still find a way to kiss on you, dont I? Ya goddamned Luskan."

Audra frowned but he knew his comment had hit the mark. Thankfully he also found a fish worth eating just then also.

"How so then?" Hollis demanded. Essmi was a tight fist of jealousy, and Hollis knew it from seeing the couple together. "I dont think you can say she would want you slutting around."

"No... but she did want me to find another. One that could give a family. She approved of highly of Vil'zra."

"What? Really?"

The blue clad warrior shrugged. "Its not really any of your business the shape of my marriage... but yes. Essmi didnt try to keep me away from girls, she was just picky about what girls."

"But... but she hated you and Laniara spending any time alone. Something was wrong with Laniara?"

"My chasing Laniara was a thorn for her because Laniara dosnt worship our Queen or an allied deity."

"Oh"

"I told you before... you cant expect me to go over a year waiting like that. Ive chased girls she would respect and admire. Thats the best I can do, Brother."

"Shh... a shaman lurking back there alone."

"Alright, Ill rush him you get in place."

Eating had brought Audra to sit with them. Eating caused sharing of words and some comfort had been established. The hour for prayer had come at a perfect moment, and gave them a reminder of their true common bond.

As was tradition for their family, after prayers Lotus was to dance for the pleasure of her Goddess and family. Xujja and Audra sat close, hand in hand now as Lotus stood up across from them.

"If you were impressed when you saw her practice... seeing our sister dance will bend your mind dear Sister"

Audra started to say something in return, but she stopped short when Lotus let her robes slide to the ground to stand naked before them. She was stunned, staring for a long moment before her face turned red and she looked away.

"Averting your eyes sort of defeats the purpose of art, Sister" He said with a playful tone to Audra.

The half elf didnt seem willing to look back untill Lotus began to sway and sing out in her native tongue. Then Audra was forced by the beauty of it, to look back and stare as her Brother did.

After giving the shaman a brutal end Hollis seemed in a better mood.

"So... whats an Iranne?" He asked, finally smiling.

"An 'Iranne' is a goddamned treasure. They are rarely serious to start, they hesitate to say they love you right away. Yet they stay with you once they appreciate you. They are slow to give a damn, and rarely bother to care... but if you get one loyal to you, they stay that way."

Xujja searched the body of the shaman while Hollis rummaged through their crates. He kept speaking while searching for loot and plunder.

"Dawn kissed everyones ass with a pretty good morning. If you dont at least dislike /someone/, whats the value when you do decide a person is worth a damn? Like that girl Flora, I was really impressed with her compliments... till I heard her tell some scrawny city boy that he had nice muscles."

"I see your point but it cant cover like... shy girls, right? Thats a third type of lass right there"

"Shy girls are just an Iranne or a Dawn waiting to happen. Like I said Im sure theres many shades and variations... but two basic shapes."

"Heh, yer prolly right. Is this what you think about staring at those fish all day?"

"Mostly... you got something better to think about?"

Lotus fell to the ground after her performance, her audience of two sat silent for a long while before he managed a whisper to Audra.

"Now you see there is much worthy to love there Sister"

Audras breath was still caught in her throat but she managed a nod as Lotus got up and walked back to them.

"Im sorry I keep doubting you Brother."The halfling finally said as they were headed out of the cave. "I know you wouldnt compromise an oath you took in front of Auril."

"It wasnt an easy thing for me to decide. Essmi will /always/ be my first wife no matter how things go. I simply wont be with someone that cant say they would welcome her return"

"Your new lass really said that eh?"

"Lotus did. Audra knows the story and my feelings too... didnt chase her off either"

The halfling shook his head. "Damn... a cutter with two pretty ladies. You think that can end happy?"

"I dont know, we will see. I am due to meet them both at my fishing spot tonight."

"Ive seen you do lots of mad brave things... but walking into a place with two girls you been chasing that are meeting for the first time.... thats the crown, Brother"

************************************************************************************************

Xujja wrapped his arms around Lotus as she settled into his lap. Audra was entranced and numbed. She had reached out a hand for Lotus but stopped short.

"I... I just.. " Audra wasnt showing mastery of the common tongue.

"Youd like to touch me? You may handle me if Xujja allows."

Audra glanced to Xujja, her desires now clearly outweighed her fears.

"Audra... the last girl I was temped to share my Lotus with wanted to own her like a pet."

Now Audra found some words. "No... she is... amazing. She couldnt be a... a pet. That wouldnt do."

"Good to hear Sister... You can touch Lotus... turn to face us"

Audra shifted, her hand reaching further. Instead Xujja just lifted the tiny drow girl and set her on Audras lap.

"You met Yllana?"

"I saw her, I was busy trying not to look at her with Mimosa there."

"Oh... you think she is a Dawn?"

"No, I think she is waiting to happen... or a tease. You and Essmi said she was lookin for a guy but she dont seem like she wants to be caught."

"Oh, well thats what she told us. I was going to flirt some with Yllana but if you want to talk sweet at her first I can wait."

"No, I really like Mimosa. I wanna chase her longer and make sure Im wasting my time before I consider giving up."

"Well then... she already passed out drunk with me once. Next time I wont consider my Brother before flirting up a new girl."

"You mean if one of the /two/ girls you are chasing now dosnt stab to a whole bunch with your own sword once they meet?"

"Not like that Brother. Lotus is of the opinion that the world offers me a pretty girl as a reward for keeping on the path of the righteous."

"Oh... I bet you just eat that up."

"Wouldnt you? If Audra and Lotus both said these sweet things to you... you wouldnt try to keep them both?"

"Too tall"

Xujja laughed. "Right."

"I see your point chief. They are good girls."

"So you dont need to be jealous on behalf of my missing wife anymore?"

"I guess not."

The two shook hands when they got out of the cave, their issues finally healed.

"I gotta get some sleep before I hike out to the keep, Stay sharp Brother."

"Aye, Stay frosty chief"

"Yes Audra... mad with desire." He answered

The two kissed for a long time before parting slightly.

"Mad with desire, but also very tired... and if we get to playing again we will only disturb Lotus rest. More passion can wait till we wake" He said between kisses.

Audra glanced to the drow sleeping peacfully in the tent with them and nodded. She returned her head to the tieflings chest.

The tiny dove gray tent in the snow finally fell silent as sleep took them both.

Thanks to everyone still reading and special thanks to the players that made just two scenes long and significant enough to warrant a post of their own from one day of RP.

J
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

My my, but isn't Xujja blessed? ;)

Thank you for writing up the stories J. I used to write up Shey's stories and points of view, and I did the same for Vellya, but ... I don't think I can do it with Lotus and remain true to who she is. More than Shey or Vellya, she is private at heart so I don't think I can splash her thoughts out on the page for all to see. Sooooo, that leaves you to record our adventures hun! Thanks!

M.
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

nice! always a good read man!
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
mr duncan
Owlbear

Re: The Cold Road (18+ sexy and violent)

Post by mr duncan »

Waking alone suddenly seemed so new and different. He had been alone for so long, missing his Essmi, and then in a few weeks he had gotten spoiled again.

Sitting up in his tent, he looked down at the bloodstained bedroll, the empty place where there had been a drow maiden of incredible beauty.

None of her things appeared missing, some clothes were scattered and the tent had not been sealed up. She had clearly wanted to leave in such a hurry she didnt think to take anything but a handful of clothes. A dress and her hooded cloak were all that was missing.

I guess she said all those things so I would let her live, heal her. Probably made her escape as soon as I was asleep.

It was, after all, a pretty stupid notion that anyone would ever love him like Essmi had loved him. She had adored him and bore his torments as a dutiful wife. Lotus submitting so sweetly had driven him to hurt her much worse than he had ever done to his snowflake. He really should have expected her to run, even if she said that part of her wanted it.

I guess I am lucky she took off in enough of a fright to forget to stab me in my sleep

Xujja didnt feel very lucky. In fact he missed the drow girl immediately. He felt like the subject of a sad song or poem.

I should get up and get to some work

He finished the remaining half of a bottle of winterwine before working slowly through long annoying task of putting on his armor by himself.

Its my fault, I guess, for being such a monster. I am my Mothers son.

Once everything was buckled into place he pushed his way out of the tent, he would skip breakfast and go right to the hills.

"Nice to see you finally up and awake Brother, good morning" Said the familiar soothing voice

Xujja couldnt respond right away. He paused, dumbfounded. She hadnt left, not escaped, nor run far. Lotus had instead woken hours before him and went to sit outside the tent.

She was sitting there, close to the shore, waiting for him to wake and come from the tent. It occurred to him then that elves slept much less than he did, she had just woken before him and waited. Xujja felt a little foolish but very relieved.

"Good to see you Sister, always pleasant to hear your lovely voice so soon after waking"

The little gray boy walked through the doorway with his head down and hands at his side. He wanted to reach for his ear, his bleeding ear, but he wasnt allowed. It throbbed with pain from his pulse, and even more with each footstep he took yet still he didnt reach for it. He knew how much trouble he was in, and he didnt want his mother to punish him more than what was coming already.

Xujja had gotten lost, it had taken him many hours to find home again. Tall men with long strides had left him behind, they probably would have done so even had they noticed the young tiefling following them anyway. The seven year old boy had simply wanted to follow the warband, to show them he was worthy.

His reward for returning home to his crone of a mother had been a lightning fast crack to the side of his head with the old womans crutch. His ear was split open, a bloody mess, and he had to walk home with her lurking behind him. Shuffling in the mud with those crutches and that one damned foot of hers.

Why did I come home?

"Boy... When you get in there go stand at the table with your hands spread out flat"

As early as he could remember, his mother had threatened to nail his hands or head to something. Like her threatening to cut out his tongue or drown him, it had never happened despite his repeated blunders. Still he was sure he was in for a beating. She would surely beat him with one of her crutches, or the broom.

"Stupid and scrawny... to think I cut off my own leg to birth you."

Once inside the little boy went to their rickety table and put his hands on it. Rather than start beating him with a stick, his mother shuffled to her footlocker in the corner of their empty wreck of a home.

"Hold still boy, Mother has to fetch the hammer and nails"

Audra looked sick as Lotus told her tales of torment. Slaves in the underdark were used for much more debased pleasures than simple lovemaking. Lotus had kept her composure cool and calm even while telling some of the most horrific stories of being tormented to her end, then her soul forced back into its body that she might be tormented to death by someone else the next night.

The tiefling listened quietly to the stories Lotus told, he liked hearing her voice... and he even liked seeing Audra cry. He didnt like Audra being so weak so often, but at least the story was making her sympathetic and cuddly with Lotus. It was most pleasing to see them together.

Her composure finally weakened when Audra asked her how she got free of the underdark. Tears welled up in the drow girls eyes. He felt a tug of sympathy for his darling Lotus, but also the tug of lust at her sorrow.

"I dont... I dont know if I can tell that story yet." She said as she settled deeper into Audras comforting arms.

Xujja knew it would happen when she mentioned it. He would agree to let her keep her secrets, Audra would be curious, and Lotus would end up wanting to tell. He would sit quietly and appreciate the beauty of two girls crying all over one another. He was sure he would like hearing the tale also.

What he didnt know was how deeply the story would affect him.

The drow girl ran away from him. Her slim dancers body made her pretty fast for a city girl, and she managed to stay ahead of him a while longer just because the tiefling liked watching the dark skinned beauty run away.

When she got too close to within view of the road he had to catch her, a powerful gray hand snapping out onto her wrist. Yanking on her arm he snapped her around and back into him, impaling her belly on the steel knife in his other hand.

She shouldnt have asked me to love her if she couldnt take this. She knows what I am.

The face was pleading, scared, and aroused all at the same time as the faerie beauty with black skin looked up at him.

"You... you stabbed me. Ill... Ill die."

"I gave you a gut wound, my darling. It could kill you... but its only really deadly after days, sometimes weeks, of suffering and bleeding. I will probably save you before then."

Xujja had seen many countless of these injuries. He knew them for the slow agony they were, and now his sweet Lotus knew it too. He scooped up the girl into his arms and started to carry her off, back to where they started.

Confused and put into even more pain by being swept up into his arms, the dark elf maiden struggled weakly against him. Pretty polished nails broke against blue lacquered platemail. Tears streamed from her face, and the fearful hopelessness in her eyes was almost too pretty for him to bear.

Still... I cant have her resisting. She asked for this.

Once they were back close to the tent they shared, he let go of the injured beauty. She grunted in pain as she hit the grass hard. Her tiefling lover stepped over her, past her, to their tent. He took a moment to open the front of the fine elven tent and take himself a nice big drink of the Winterwine they had left behind.

Chasin' little faerie girls an stabbin them sure builds up a frightful thirst.

He turned back to look at the pretty girl holding her belly on the grass. He stared at the little black flower she always wore over one of her little pointed ears, it was hanging in a tangle of her snowy white hair. He watched the breeze tug the flower, drifting to cover and uncover half of her perfect face.

Such humbling beauty. Ill make her suffer for being so pretty. To think such a girl says she is undeserving of me. The gods at least know humor.

"Getting dropped like that hurts eh? Knocked the breath out of you... struggling with that gut wound to get air back in your chest?" He asked in a friendly tone

Lotus was struggling to get breath, and to crawl. She didnt know she was crawling further towards the water and that if she took her injury into the river she would surely have her lifesblood taken by the current.

He let her crawl a bit further before grabbing her leg and pulling her back to him, then picking her up again.

"It was much more pleasant when I was carrying you, no?"

Now Lotus clung to him, her weakened arms clutching his neck and shoulders with everything she had, trembling with their last bits of strength. She rested her perfect face against his armored chest and cried against him.

He carried her into the tent and settled her down onto the bedroll. He touched her wound, poking it with two fingers and forcing her to whimper and moan in pain.

"You said you wanted me to love you."

"Yes"

"You found some pleasure in suffering, there is no shame in this... at least not when I do it to you. Give into it, I desire it."

As he started to undress her he could see the questions in her eyes. He didnt answer them, it was no longer time to talk.

Fear of the unknown is in itself a bit of torment

The creepy crag-faced old woman, his mother, loomed over the little boy with his hands on the table. The withered crone had to let go of her crutches to lean against the table and stand on her one good leg.

She would need both her hands to nail her sons hands in place.

"Now boy... what did you do wrong?"

It really looked like the crazy old bitch was going to do it. The little tiefling boy hadnt ever been so scared as his mother stabilized the nail over his outstretched hand and waited for his answer.

"I... I ran off without permission"

"Good good, so you know you deserve this"

BANG! ...BANG!

He didnt even see the hammer come down, or even feel the pain, till he heard it. Two loud snaps of steel on steel and then a surge of mind bending pain shooting up his arm.

Instantly the boy tried to pull his hand away, and made it hurt worse. His feet slipped out from under him, his chin hit the tables edge. The assault didnt stop there, the old woman grew enraged at her sons display of weakness and slapped his face with her open hand.

"Boy! Stand back UP and put your damned hand where it belongs!"

Still held up partly by one hand nailed to the table, the young tiefling struggled to his feet. Despite the pain, he was more scared of his mother than the ordeal. She could make it a lot worse.

The youth bit his lip and forced his free hand out next to the hurt one. He held his breath and winced as he stood rigid in place

BANG!... BANG, BANG!

This time three smacks to drive the nail home. The child cried out loudly in pain. He would have fallen but both hands were locked in place now.

"Aurils fangs! You are a whiny one arent you?" His mother said as she took a seat across from her tiefling son.

The old woman sipped from her flask of fermented root squeezings.

"Dont you know how important all this is? You need to sit here and think about what you did."

The crone took another drink of the potent alcohol.

"One day youll thank me for all this. Its an act of love, boy."

He couldnt say anything, his eyes were locked on the two carpenters nails holding his hands to the rickety table and the growing red stains on the scarred wood.

"No one will love you like your mother"

Audra was sickened, nauseated, by the story she heard. She had gone from a cuddly giver of comfort to a victim of a tale to hard for her stomach. Knowing they sold slaves to be eaten alive at a banquet was simply to much for the young half elf lass.

Xujja found himself liking the story. He felt guilty that he enjoyed such suffering, she was his darling Sister after all... but still the best girls to see bleed and cry are the pretty ones. Even more, the ones you love.

He didnt like Audras reaction however. Her weak display made him need to push her a bit, to make the girl grasp that even this story wasnt the full tale of madness that the world had to offer. If she couldnt sit still and listen to a story she would surely break when she was faced with real horror.

"Audra, I have been on the other side of lotus tale plenty of times"

Audras face crinkled up. "Uhh.. please dont mention that. She lived through it!"

Lotus is less upset about this than Audra

"Countless of them. Slaves who fall on the job are simply chopped up and added to the stew pot.

The half elf grabbed her belly. He added more.

"My first real friend, I had to eat"

She was already running away from where Lotus and Xujja sat, running to look for a place to empty her stomach into the river.

Looking back to Lotus, he had a chance to talk to her without Audra listening. He needed to find out more, he was sure Lotus would hate him even more for his terrible desires. Her sad story had excited him, made him hungry.

Behind them Audra stumbled further along the shoreline away from the tent. Lotus was having a hard time with her words, she clearly wanted to share more with him but seemed scared of something. The tiefling spoke up first.

"Once I asked you if you liked suffering for me. You said it was complicated."

"Yes"

"Tell me Sister"

"Is suffering really suffering if part of you enjoys it?"

He simply nodded at Lotus answer, let her keep talking.

"I dont know.. I didnt want to lie, it just didnt seem the right time to reveal this"

The two took one another hands and moved closer. Xujja felt a tempting mixture of emotions as he considered the idea she might might welcome his worst appetites.

"I understand"

"Thank you" She said resting against him.

"Its a relief"

"A what?" Some trace of worry made it into her voice even as she sought comfort cuddled up to him.

"I hear your stories, and see you both crying."

He squeezed the beautiful drow maiden close in a hug, petting her hair.

"Also, clearly some part of you yearns for that suffering, give into it. Revel there."

"Some part of me does enjoy the suffering... I am not sure if that is the word"

It was sweeter sound than her music, these admissions.

"I still suffer.. but it is also sensual" She added

My precious Sister, you say such tempting sweet things.

Tears streamed her face, Lotus was trembling but no longer from fear. She now shook from pain, ribs cracked and the girl whimpered again.

Xujja had literally never seen her so pretty, after taking a moment to look at her wrecked sweaty form he crawled over the drow beauty. He kissed her cheek sweetly even as he raked his hand over the many painful bite marks he had left on her flesh.

The poor girl had taken it all amazingly well, had impressed him with both her endurance and her trust in him. He was in the middle of these thoughts, kissing the tears off her face when she went much further. In the depths of her pain, after he had made her suffer so terribly, she rewarded him sweetly.

"I... I love you" She said it as if the words surprised her once she heard her own voice.

Overwhelmed, the teifling looked down at her face a while before responding. He stared, running his fingers through her hair.

"My sweet sweet Lotus, I love you too... I /adore/ you, Sister"

The victim gave even more of her fading strength to lift her head up, to raise her lips to kiss the face of her tormentor.

Thanks again to everyone reading. Thanks also to Mikayla for playing a PC as bent as my own

J
Last edited by mr duncan on Tue May 05, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

J, over the last 5 or 6 years and all 3 of my ALFA characters, you and I have RP'd our way through many wars, love affairs, grudges, break-ups, make-ups, and all manner of swords & sorcery melodrama. Sometimes we are like two peas in a pod, and sometimes we are ready to kill each other (in-characters and sometimes out of character). But I can say one thing without hesitation - role playing with you has never been boring. It has always been fun. Sometimes its been a roller-coaster, but always fun.

These days its a pleasure diving into our current PCs and exploring their boundaries (and ours) with you. There are DMs I love to be DM'd by (Vendrin, Muse ..) and there are players I love to RP with (J, Zak, etc.). More than levels, more than races, more than plots or the realms or the game engine or any adventure, its the people that make ALFA fun for me, and the people (particularly you J, and Vendrin) who brought me back. So, you are most welcome, I enjoy playing this particularly "bent" PC immensely, and I am very much enjoying your stories about us, the Auril group and the Marches. Thanks for dragging me back to ALFA. :)
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

It was nice to have her to himself again. In a few weeks the two saw a small handful of guests come by their tent at the bend in the Rauvin river. It truly wasnt a very large number, but each visitor was time he didnt get alone with her. After their time in near solitude even those few guests felt like lengthy intrusions.

He really wouldnt have cared what they talked about, the tiefling was pleased enough that she was on his lap cuddled up close. The fact that the drow beauty had steered the conversation this way was even more pleasant. That his darling Lotus was on the verge of tears again made the scene perfect.

"Thats why I asked you not to hurt other girls, or eat their eyes... not because I want to protect them, but because I dont want them to have you that way"

"Because you would be jealous?" He said, unable not to smile

"Yes. I feel like I do that best for you anyway. I want... I want to be the only one you hurt like that. Seeing you torture other women.. I just... I dont want to have to see that"

"Alright. Easy enough"

"Really? Youll do that for me?"

"Yes. What about kissing or laying with other girls? That make you jealous too? You want me to stop?"

"I dont know, I am not sure I deserve such a thing to have you as mine" She said haltingly.

"Isnt that the point of this conversation? Let go of what you deserve and tell me what you want" He said while tugging at the slit in her skirt to reveal a slender black leg, he stared at her knee a bit while she took her time to piece together a response.

"Yes... Yes, Xujja they do make me jealous." She paused, noticing him smile "Youll do that? Be devoted to me?"

"I make a lot of demands myself. Besides its not like I havent done it before, once with a girl that deserved it and even one who didnt. I can do it for you."

A slender black hand pressed against his blue lacquered chest plate for stability. She her breath caught up in her throat, frozen as she listened.

"When you met me when I was chasing a bunch of girls after a long time of waiting for my Essmi. I dont need a bunch of girls, just the best. While I would feel foolish for ever offering another lover such power to demand things of me, a wife certainly deserves such respects."

"Ive never... never wanted anyone like this... but I have to have you if I can."

Thats even better than her music

"Theres just two things I guess I need to hear"

Gwenevere was pretty enough for a human but had worn out her welcome pretty quickly. Not that Xujja wasnt appreciative of her visit, after all he had never seen Lotus disapprove of someone or their actions openly.

It had been pleasant enough when the girl wanted to draw a picture of his Lotus, the drow lass had been flattered. Now Gwenevere had drifted on to other subjects and had managed to rub both of them the wrong way. The girl was talking about how she desperately needed to save some children from a far off Hag in her homeland of Baldurs Gate.

He was pretty sure if he provoked her she would go away.

"Well... if you and your faith keep neutral in things, shouldnt you stay out of it?"

"What?" Gwenevere said

"I mean... a hags gotta eat. They live off things like dragging young off to gulp them down"

The girl didnt look happy at all. Lotus bit her lip to stop from smiling and used her hand to cover her mouth. The tiefling kept speaking.

"You people like to talk about the cycle and balance, but when it comes time to look at the black half of the cycle you get all upset and need to act. That isnt balance."

It worked, the girl was mad.

"I cant expect you to understand, you dont have a womb."

She was really mad, she might has well have spit the words

"All you have is seed and reason"

"Aye... because thats what matters? A womb? You know that reason stuff works, you might want to put it to work sometimes"

Gwenevere was already on her feet. He had stopped listening to her, but when he heard the end of her sentence he wished he had listened to it all. Still, it was nice the erratic little girl was on her way out

"...As cold and cruel as your heart, Xujja."

"Well damn lass... Thanks. I sorta feel bad for being mean to you now, since you said such a sweet thing about me"

Still seated in their spot by the river in the shade of the giant cyprus trees, a drow and a tiefling spoke quietly. The girl on Xujja lap watched him close, intent and focused.

"First I have to hear you want it. I am a terribly jealous and possessive creature so Im loath to own anything I think might just want to get away. Saying you were unworthy just made me think you werent interested at all till you brought it up earlier."

Lotus took a deep breath, and set aside the hesitance from her voice.

"You are what I want Xujja. Ive heard marriage mean many different things to many people, the drow dont even have it at all... but if having what I want, everything you offer is... if thats what it is to you, for us..

The hand against his plate pressed a bit as she shifted, she looked at his eyes.

"...That is just what I want, make me your wife"

All three of them stood up close to the giant cyprus trees at the shore of the Rauvin river. Mimosa, Lotus, and Xujja were all spooked. Something was very wrong.

All the animal life had gone quiet. Even the trees seemed to stop rustling. Mimosa was a little to far away from the tree, as Xujja turned to signal her back close to them he saw her just pointing into the sky with a look of real terror. Xujja called out to her in a low tone.

"Lass... get the hell over here. What is it?"

"B-Blue" She said, finally letting her arm drop and following Xujjas advice to get into the treeline.

It felt like someone had just kicked the bottom out of his world.

"Mimosa. Are you telling me you just saw a dragon out there?"

She was still to scared to answer him, he knew that meant yes

Lotus waited to hear what he would say next.

"The second, I hope is predictable. My Essmi. I have to hear that even if she comes back that you could welcome her back with open arms"

Lotus gave a slight sigh as he kept talking.

"I feel like its a terrible thing I demand, you dont even know her... but you knew how I felt about her before all this started."

"I dont know how I would feel at seeing her. I do know you love her, I want you to have her again. If Essmi came back I would welcome her. Even if I had to find a way to accept it, I wouldnt want to take her from you."

Johnathan of Baldurs Gate was a much better guest than Gwenevere from the same city. The one eyed southerner had been pleasant conversation and smooth manners.

"Well I think Ill be going now. Ive taken up enough of the young lovers time" Johnathan said with a smile as he got to his feet.

A visitor that knows when to get the hell out. Thats a rare cutter there.

"Well cutter, the lass will be performing some music sometime soon. Since you were relaxed and peaceful with us I will probably invite you to listen to some music with us sometime."

"I would be most honored, Xujja. Thank you" He said with a bow before making his way back up the hill and away from the shore.

He had a grip on Lotus upper arm as they crouched together under the tree. All three of them were as quiet and still as they could be as they watched the skies.

Xujja saw a shape in the sky and his heart sped up. It wasnt the dragon, it was a giant raven. A fairly common sight in the northern skies. The fear abated for only a moment however as he saw a large shadow growing rapidly.

The dragon was flying overhead, swooping down fast.

The giant blue wyrm came crashing down, its teeth snapping on the horse sized raven as made impact with the water. In the time it had taken the thing to fall from the sky the three had already backed away. They hadnt started to run yet, the shock was still to great. The scene too surreal.

Shoving Lotus to force her to start her run was the last thing he remembered before reality set in. He watched the dragon clamp down on the bird and gulp half of it down in a bite. Instincts took over, and he was running.

The two strange lovers, a drow maiden and a tiefling of the Elk tribe, parted from their kiss. Lotus was still on his lap, her face nuzzled up to his neck. It was she who spoke first.

"I am.. I find myself very excited about it"

"When do you think we should do it then?

"Our wedding oaths? I dont know, maybe a holy day?"

Lotus didnt let her statement sit very long before correcting herself.

"Perhaps not. That is our Queens day, we shouldnt have something for ourselves on a day for her. That would earn her spite"

It seemed reasonable. Auril only had a few holy days, and she was indeed the kind of creature to hold a grudge if she felt slighted. Lotus turned her head up to look at him.

"What do you think?"

Xujja smiled "I think if I have you all that excited, we should go now. Pack our stuff up and hike home, this very moment.

She must really have been excited, she hopped up out of his lap right away and grabbed her gear.

"You... arent his slave? Nor he yours?" The Calim man asked as he hesitated at the edge of their camp

Lotus turned from where she had been feeding Xujja a strawberry. It really wasnt the best time to interupt them but at least the strange southerner wasnt lurking this time, he had walked right up and started talking like a man with a backbone.

"Slave? Thats my /Sister/ there cutter." Xujja said

The foreigner didnt seem to get it, they were clearly not of the same parents.

"Who the hell are you anyway"

"Thalaxas Hamid"

"Where you from?"

"Calimport"

"I am Xujja of White-Pines and this is my Sister Lotus of Menzonberranzan."

The couple walked into the deep cold dark together.

The only break from the inky black around them was the drifting snow from above. Each saw the other framed in this perfect snow filled darkness as they turned to face one another and took hands.

Hand in hand the two began their oaths before the unblinking eyes of their goddess.

Laniara had taken the meeting much better than expected. She had cautioned Xujja very many times to not expect the meeting to go well.

Despite the warnings Lotus was her usual charming self and Laniara also stayed with her typical open minded nature and this made for a pleasant evening and talk.

Before going, Laniara had to make an admission. She looked to Xujja after saying a goodbye to Lotus.

"I did not expect to be, but I am impressed."

"So youll come listen to her music sometime then?"

"I would like that chance very much, but for now I must go. You two take care"

"Stay sharp Laniara"

The eyes of most folk would have found it a strange sight to see, a drow and tiefling curled together in a sweet embrace. Even stranger still to outsiders would have been the idea that these two were sharing their wedding night.

Lotus and Xujja were however the only two present and to them their place as husband and wife seemed just as natural as the snow collecting on their tent.

Thanks again to everyone still reading

J
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

A strange sight to see indeed - a fantastically beautiful drow courtesan and a hunky tiefling bad-a$$, getting married. Well J, I guess the 'third-time is the charm' hun - our first two sets of characters came pretty close to bonding or at least going steady ( ;) ) but it took the third set to finally get married. And that was pretty far from my mind when I wrote this character. But then, I guess thats one of the reasons I love RPing in ALFA and with your characters and the rest of our group - the RP is so good, it makes me think, feel and change. Thank you for recording the marriage and what led up to it in your stories - I love seeing our role-play come alive again in your narratives. Thanks.
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

"...Everyone in this city owes you a debt... including me" Gwenevere said as she looked up from where she was on her knees.

Xujja looked down at the girl. She was a cute lass made into an impressive sight by her weepy face and submissive posture, kneeling on the cobblestones of the docks.

"Please, can you forgive me?"

I beat this lass senseless yesterday and today she asks /my/ forgiveness.

He didnt really know what to say. The girl had called him heroic several times, inspiring very conflicted emotions in him.

"Alright lass... you want forgiveness? Come with me" The tiefling said as he took off walking toward the city gates.

Hero, what an ugly word

The girl reminded him of Laniara. She looked so serious and frightened with her bow drawn, arrow nocked and pointed at his face.

"If you take another step closer, Ill fire" The girl said with a shakey voice.

"I dont think you want to do that little lady... you see inside that tent of yours, the one behind me?"

Surrounded by the elves now, the teifling kept talking.

"Your friend, see there... we have him."

The band of elves turned to see Hollis over the prone form of one of their friends, his sword at the elfs neck. The hin smiled and waved with his free hand. One of the male elves spoke up.

"What do you want with us?"

"I want you to put down your weapons" The tiefling didnt expect them to really do it but he asked anyway.

Such a pretty girl. Is it weakness to be sad that I have to kill her? Am I as bad as Audra?

"Youll just kill us once we put our weapons down" The same male elf spoke. Xujja wasnt really listening to him, he knew what would be said and he was more busy with his own thoughts

No, it isnt weakness if I still do it. I have a right to be sad I guess. Some things just have to be done, praise Auril.

It was finally quiet in the tiny room of rotten wood walls. Gone were the shrieks of the howling hag Bolnak. The fires and thunderclaps of her overwhelming magics had finally stopped their echoes. The tieflings ears had stopped ringing but everything still sounded muffled, far away.

All around him were bodies of the wounded and bleeding. The only other to stay on his feet through the fight, Ashan Faewind, knelt over the bodies in tears.

Ashan was kneeling over Gweneveres prone form as he looked up at Xujja staring down at them.

"The city of Baldurs Gate owes you a debt of gratitude"

Things slowed down drastically for him as he sidestepped the young elf girls aim and came in close. She backed up trying to keep her arrow pointed at his face. It didnt work, her distraction with his approach meant she didnt even see his sword setting itself ready for a thrust.

She looked so much like Laniara, some part of him felt loss as he shoved the steel into her belly. The look on her face was horrific, as if she had known him and could never have expected the tiefling to shove steel into her belly. She opened her mouth to say something but slipped off his blade and crumpled to the ground instead.

All around him Xujja could hear the whirring hum of arrows and the hissing of magical bolts of energy coming from his pack as they targeted the other elves.

"FOOLS" Bolnak hissed at them. She was busy berating the others for some flaw in their plan. Xujja had to agree with her, this was certainly a band of witless bumblers if he had ever seen one.

He was sure the Hag had only let them live in order to slay them herself. The band had even gone in to speak with her and stood in a nice tightly packed crowd for her. The tiefling still lurked outside the door, listening, waiting. As boring as the conversation was, he would still lurk and wait to make Bolnak play her hand first

It happened much as he predicted. She talked to them until they were in the middle of trying to give her a dramatic response, then she flung out her hand and put up a wall of fire cutting them off from her. With another arcane uttering she blasted the group of overeager victims with a crackling blast of lightning.

The wall of fire was his signal to charge, to kill.

Bursting into the room, the tiefling warrior ran through the wall of burning fire and brought his sword down on Bolnaks shoulder.

After the elves only real warrior went down in a hail of magic and arrows, Xujja turned to run down the last of them.

Elves had always been a mixed reaction for him. While their males were as hostile and rude as he had been told to expect, the tiefling had always been greeted with friendly smiles and curious tones when approached by the females of the fey folk.

It was those friendly smiles now that stabbed in his mind, begging him not to kill the last elven lass as she ran. Terrible tricks of the mind brought back his younger days.

The girl wore her hair the same way Misha wore her hair. Misha, a girl that had trusted him when she wouldnt trust her own people.

Stop thinking about Misha

He couldnt he sure, but he thought her scream sounded like Misha too. Xujja pulled his sword from her chest and looked down at her. He could see the last word the elven lass was saying... "Why" she asked.

Bolnak seemed impossible to kill, hacking at her was like trying to have a melee with a stone wall. He had cleaved grown men, even ogres, with the force he used to hit her... yet she still cackled and cast more spells

Another burst of fire came from the withered crone, something happened to Xujja then that had never happened before.

Fire burned him. He felt his flesh searing, bubbling, and pulling away from the blast.

The others fared much worse than he had. Of all those who had come with him into these haunted woods, only Ashan still stood with him to face the hag. Everyone else was lying in the mud of her home, easy victims for her wrath

It was quiet now, silence owned the elven camp. Behind him his family started gathering the bodies and searching them.

Xujja took a long moment to look over the girl that had reminded him of Laniara.

Gory details tugged him away from his sad thoughts as Hollis spoke to him

"We gonna eat their eyes, chief?" Hollis asked, with an eye already in his bloody hand

Xujja didnt hear his answer, but he was sure it was cold and businesslike. Something about disposing of evidence in a precise matter rather than reveling in a mess. Hollis ate the eye anyway before getting to work

More spells, more and more blasts of every element the mind could dream up came hurtling at him and the brown skinned southerner. Xujja was becoming sure this shack would be his end.

His feet stopped running, no more chasing the hag around the room. It was too hard to see clearly. He just wanted to be home, to rest his head on Lotus lap and hear her sing to him. His mind wandered from the hag and the southman still struggling to keep up with her pace of outrunning him then tossing more spells.

In the dark he saw a shape, someone he loved

The tiny pale hand of a hin touched his face. He wanted to cry when he saw Essmis face again. If letting the hag strike him down meant seeing her again, he could do it... She deserved to win anyway he reasoned. Bolnak was stronger than the warband, probably stronger than him too. While he was thinking this Essmi shook her head and spoke to him

"My darling husband, turn your mind to victory."

Ashan was still chasing the old hag, swinging his weapon at her but she was many times faster than him. The tiefling stayed still, he only looked at the empty space where he saw Essmi.

What about your other wife Lotus? What will become of her if you dont seek victory? How can /I/ have a husband who would rather lie down than fight to the last? Do not do such a thing to me, my love.

It was so hard to pull away from the scent of Lotus, or the touch of Essmi. So much of his blood had spilled out already, even if he tried to fight he doubted he would claim victory like his precious Essmi now demanded

There is a potion on your belt. Drink it

Just as Xujja was finishing the potion his focus returned to witness a miracle of the battlefield. Bolnak was still outrunning Ashan but her layers of magical protection started to wear off. As each of them wore off in a swirl of light the hags face betrayed her worry. Bolnak showed fear

It was a very ignoble way for her to go down, a throwing axe in the back of the head. As soon as the deed was done Ashan turned to his fallen comrades and began to weep. The tiefling was tempted to join him and weep for the loss of his Essmi but he couldnt

No, I am sure my wife would tell me not to cry like a lass and instead to loot this place of its treasures

Thanks to everyone reading, and to the DMs who ran these scenes

J
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

Great read,mate...keep 'em coming, please :D
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

nice one! gotta say it was damn cool to sneak up on a pack of elven rangers as Hollis. they think they see everything in the “their” woods! they never saw him coming and they never will *eats another eye* :twisted:
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones