The Cold Road (18+ sexy and violent)

For 18+ stories, poems and other creative art.
Aitana
Dancing Queen

Re: The Cold Road

Post by Aitana »

Wow.. Thanks John really sad to let that PC go.. but the story makes things better and she had a good run, even though short.

I look forward to some more rp with my new pc.

I cant wait for the story to continue in the future.

Dani
Mikayla wrote:ALFA is truly the Magic Kingdom
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

Sad times for the crew.
As always fantastic read mr.d.
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

"Just keep your pecker up, and things will get better for you eventually." Said Mimosa, offering him a snippet of roughly spoken druids wisdom.

It wasnt really the advice Xujja wanted, or thought he needed to hear. Finding another girl just didnt seem like it would be a help, in fact chasing another girl just seemed like it would be a big waste of time. Another girl was really the last thing he needed. He was pretty sure recent events had been a sign that he had been paying too much attention to ladies.

Annia had been rude to him in town, sneering and turning as mean as she could muster when he laughed at her fearful reaction to his horns.

Now the girl was crying her eyes out, sitting on his lap. Xujja loved seeing girls cry, the prettier the better, but this girl wouldnt stop and there seemed no reason to her wailing.

Part way to the city, he had assumed showing her the temple to Sylvanus would calm her some but that had just made her worse.

The next time you make some bitch cry and run off into the night alone.... dont go after them to make sure they are alright.

Under most conditions, seeing a pretty girl like Annia in sobbing tears would excite him but now he just wanted to get her to the city so he could forget her.

When you get to the point where you would rather be alone than be with a crazed girl... does that mean you are growing old?

Another day, the same bridge into Rivermoot, again he spoke with Mimosa but this time she was with someone else, this time Mimosa was with another hin.

Essmi, of Termelaine, was a perfect vision of beauty.... shrunk down to the size of a halfling. She had all the features he liked seeing in elves... a sleek sharp face, a graceful form, eyes with a slight slant, and pointed ears.

"Are your ears burning?" Mimosa asked Xujja.

"My ears bur- oh.. you lovely ladies were talking about me?" Xujja grinned.

Essmis face turned red and she gave an embarrassed glance at the bridge.

"We were just talking about Ingriss, and mentioned you..." Essmi said.

Mimosa gave a weird smile as she noticed the other girl getting embarrassed, she spoke up too.

"Oh right... we must have uh... been talking about someone else."

Essmi laughed, at first it was a nervous giggle but then it took over her face and shook her body with the laughter.

Xujja found himself staring. Essmi was a pretty girl, but even more so when she was laughing. Xujja had in fact stared till he forgot what they had been talking about. It would have become awkward had it not been for the timely arrival of an injured local to derail the conversation.

Just outside the city of Silverymoon, Xujja stood with Elena. He had walked with the blind girl from where he found her seeming somewhat helpless in High Hold. Elena had needed to get to the city, and Xujja was missing the company of a lady.

She had thanked him and was about to set off into the city, but just as she was about to leave he stopped her. The tiefling had felt it novel to walk and talk to someone who couldnt see him. It had been nice for a while to be talked to as any other person. Most girls he met were attracted to the presence of horns, or fearful of them.

He had enjoyed that but also felt like he was lying to her by not telling her.

"Lass... before you go into the city, theres something I should show you."

"Oh, whats that?"

Her reaction was disappointing. She had been so friendly, polite, on the way to the city... she was thankful for his help. When he let the blind woman touch one of his horns she let out a slight gasp and her attitude changed. Her thanks and parting were more terse now, clipped.

She thanked him one more time, for telling her the truth, then made her way off from him and towards the city.

It couldnt have gone better if he had asked for it, even if he had planned it and paid for it.

The perfect combination of Essmi being too drunk, Garlus being fuming mad, and Xujja simply being present had resulted in the old dwarf blowing up and snarling at the little girl.

As had become almost instinct for him, Xujja moved to protect the girl. He pulled her close to his lap and let Garlus argue with him instead. It was all to easy to control the old hairy faced man, all the teifling had to do was toss an insult... to let Garlus know he could choke on vomit. After that first line he found he didnt have to try to hard, the old dwarf worked himself up so bad that he didnt know what to do with himself and had to stomp off. The exact words exchanged were lost to the tiefling as his mind had already turned to the girl on his lap even before Garlus had finished with his prattle.

The drunk hin was properly frightened, hugging tight to him for safety. Again he felt his budding protective instincts for her mixing with the uncertain attraction he felt while watching her. Essmi curled up comfortably in his lap, once the adrenaline faded from the scene and the drink reasserted herself, she closed her eyes and passed out in his arms.

For most of the walk to the city, Annia had seemed sure that the tiefling would turn on her and attack. A bit over half way to the city Xujja had regretted following her in the first place due to the number of times she asked him not to hurt her.

At least now the trip was over. He turned to her, even here at the city gates she seemed unsure that Xujja didnt mean her harm.

"I tole ya, safely to the city."

It took her a few long moments of doubt to take off away from him and run into the city.

The next morning.

Xujja had sat up the rest of the night with Essmi passed out on his lap. An argument with Garlus had literally scared her into not leaving his lap till she had lost consciousness. Now that the bright rays of the sun warmed her, she finally stirred awake.

The girl startled when she realized where she was, but made no move to struggle against being held by the tiefling. Rubbing her head from the ache left behind after too much drink, she eventually crawled from his lap for some breakfast.

Their breakfast was awkward, both were quiet for a long while and just focused on eating. It was Essmi that spoke first.

"So I asked about these two lovers you lost recently... I guess what I meant to ask was what you /like/ in a girl?"

"I dont like being lied to, I like hearing sweet things but only if they are true things."

The little hin girl ate a raisin and waited for more. Xujja stopped to think for a while before speaking.

"I guess... I liked laying around with lots of girls, fun and all... but I sorta guess I liked when they are jealous. Makes you feel.... wanted."

Essmi ate a bit more, still looking at him while he spoke.

"I like them to be pretty? All the ladies that have been interested in me have been pretty cute though."

A glimmer of what looked like defeat passed over the halflings eyes, she looked down and muttered.

"I am cute... and I can be jealous."

Xujja lowered his voice. "Are you... serious?"

"I am" she said flatly.

"But I didnt think you..."

"You didnt think I could find one of the tall folk attractive?"

She was right, it /was/ what he had thought. Xujja had been staring at the beauty for the last few days, with always some part of him thinking it was a waste to even look. They were so different, and with her being so pretty she surely would have dozens of men of her own race chasing after her.

She was still staring at him, waiting for her answer.

"I guess I knew you could, I just didnt think you /would/ find me attractive in the way I am drawn to you."

She smiled now.

"So you find me attractive?"

"I find you enchanting... Ive been staring at you for a few days now, you didnt notice?"

A tiny pink hand reached out to caress his face while he kept talking.

"Any time you werent around, I thought of when we might meet again. Every time we were together I was thinking..."

"Thinking what?" she asked, curious, sitting up in his lap.

Xujjas only answer to her question was to give her a kiss. Their first kiss.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks again to everyone still reading.

J
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

It was raining in Rivermoot, had been for weeks. Xujja was angry at Dawn but as she jumped up to her feet he was mostly thinking that her tear-filled face matched the sky perfectly. Girls always seemed prettier when crying, but there was always some sort of hassle too. As pretty as she was, her words were just as ugly.

"Im the only one who has ever loved you, Xujja."

She sounds just like my mother.

"That was a long time ago"

The people inside the anglers inn had grown accustomed to seeing the tiefling in his blue wargear, he was here drinking so often that folks had stopped staring. All the fisherman had seen the horned man before but now they found a new reason to doubletake, or outright stare at, the planetouched barbarians table.

The girl on his lap was what drew an eye tonight moreso than the horned man drinking his wine. She was pretty by anyones standards, but all the more otherworldly due to her being such a small member of the hin race. A tiny sharp faced girl with big pretty blue eyes and white everywhere else, she seemed more like some kind of ice pixie than a hin born and raised on the sword coast.

Xujja had been talking to Lord Vonlyr of Evermeet, and as their conversation had gone on very long the tiefling had started to show his drunkenness.

The tiefling and the elf noble kept talking while Essmi reached up a tiny hand and wiped clean a of a drip of wine that had run down his neck. She reached up and fixed his hair too.

The same inn on a different night. Ix and Xujja were catching up, work had taken a back seat to things in their lives lately and the two hadnt talked till now.

"I am glad you are moving on after losing your other lovers... but dont you think you are going a little bit backwards?" Asked the silky southern nobleman.

"Nah. Its just something she wants... and you know I sorta like havin a lass be all jealous."

"So its a new girl you like... and she wants you with just her, how long can that last anyway? I doubt the passion will outlive the excitement of the new sex."

"Its not like that, cutter."

Ix missed the seriousness in his tiefling friends voice, he laughed hard. Xujja drank his wine, letting the Dambrathan have his chuckle. Just as the smaller man was wiping his eyes and controling his laugh, Xujja said more.

"The girl is a hinfolk. Really... she is too small for.... normal relations, exactly"

The other mans jaw dropped in surprise a moment, but only a moment... then it turned to a wide smile.

"Well damn Xujja, monogamy or not... thats really twisted of you." Ix said with both pride and admiration.

"If you say so. None of my lovers ever have been of the same race as me, never looked like me... could care less if the lass is a hin. I only mention her race as it makes my point."

"And your point being?"

"That the physical isnt a limit, merely a passing thought, to our attraction."

"How long have you known this lass? A Month? Two? The whole Time Ive been out, or busy with the new recruit?"

"I hadnt been counting, but yes, most of that time."

"Well... Id like to meet her. Im curious as to what kind of a girl satisfies Xujjas craving for girls... in such a short amount of time."

Essmi and Xujja, a very odd looking pair, settled down to sit on the edge of the snowy ridge winding its way up through Silverymoon Pass. Essmi spoke in a hushed tone.

"This is where we were going? I like it."

"Aye, an awfully pretty place. Theres usually a whole mess of orcs over in them ruins on the other side of the canyon there... but none should hear us over there."

The girl was busy looking at the rugged skyline, her smile approving. "I like it" she said again. "It reminds me a little bit of home."

Essmi put her little white hands down into the snow, she watched her hands a while before speaking. She asked a question that so many other girls asked, almost every one since the first. The question always caused problems and a long discussion when asked by others, but when Essmi said the same words they came as a relief to him.

Essmi lifted one hand from the snow and touched his knee.

"Would you like to join me in prayer, Xujja?"

Ix sat back in his seat, a glass full of Kirinwood wine swirling in his hand, nodding in understanding at the answer.

"A priestess of Auril." The nobleman repeated.

Xujja nodded and took another gulp of his wine.

"I guess that explains a lot of my questions."

"It should nip the rest of your arguments too."

"It does. One cannot argue with a gift from their own diety."

Praise Auril

In a dark room upstairs in the anglers inn, a girl could be heard whimpering, gasping in pain behind one of the doors.

The taste of her blood filled his mouth. Xujja pulled his face back from the white pearly neck of the tiny hin girl. He had bit her as hard as he could, sharp fangs sinking into that small vulnerable neck.

Blood filled his mouth, ran down his chin, and hung for a moment in a thick string between his lips and her neck before snapping and splattering red on her tiny white face.

She gasped, put a hand to her wounded neck, and mumbled the words to a healing prayer. Her cheeks were flushed from their earlier play and the torment that came afterwards, tears still streaked her face. Her bloody hand left the wound on her neck and reached lovingly for Xujjas face as he spoke to her.

"You are beautiful, my snowflake. Right now, this moment... the most beautiful thing Ive seen, ever."

"I dont think I understand... I cant... I cant be enough..." She put her head down in shame and hugged him.

In a rotten house in the middle of a snowstorm, a tiny boy struggled for what he was sure was his life.

With his hands nailed to the table, he was even more vulnerable to his mothers lashing stick than normal. Usually she nailed him to the table and gave him a lesson, but today things were different. She had started berating him for not catching fish on a day when he had caught three.

A crooked crutch lashed out and cracked his collarbone. It jabbed, it slapped. Xujja tried to stand and move but the weight of the table nailed to his hands pulled him off balance and he just ended up falling... held up by the iron nails through his palms.

Ingriss of White-Pines gave him no peace, she lashed him harder with the sick wet sound of cracking ribs. She cackled with such hate as to make the blood of a Yeti go cold. The terrible hag beat her son ruthlessly.

Just as his world started to go dark, he lost control. The young boy howled with rage and jumped to his feet, the old rickety table breaking into several pieces. Heedless of his injuries, heedless of the nails still in his hands, and heedless of his mothers expert fighting... he tossed himself at her with intent to choke her on that crutch.

Despite his rage, his fury and strength in the moment, his mother shifted her weight and snapped the crutch up into his neck. He had trouble breathing, but still reached for her ugly face.

He saw the stick impact his fingers, heard the bones snap... but he couldnt feel it, he was already falling to the floor and his world was turning black again.

Xujja had been sitting all day at the riverside, talking to the cute little halfling girl he had been spending so much time around lately. As usual, Xujja had caught and offered her some raw fish, and she had accepted. They frequently spoke of each others pasts, and the relationships of others around them.They were gossiping about that at the moment.

"He gave her his holy symbol?" Essmi said. "And they arent... of the same faith?"

"Dawn made such lies to me too. Said that nothing other than myself could ever seperate us."

"Even her god?"

"I said it was a lie, didnt I? I asked her that very question... all she did was repeat herself, that only I could seperate us."

"That sounds weak, especially since she left you. What Dimetree did, and what Dawn did to you.. false commitments only weaken your real ones."

"Aye... best to be united by your lovers faith, rather than divided over it. "

Xujja picked up a roll of the fish meat and put it up to her lips. Time seemed to flicker and slow down a moment while he watched her eat the food from his hand.

"I like that." she said.

"Like what?

"The way you are looking at me now. What were you thinking then?"

"That I liked feeding you?" Xujja felt that it might sound a bit strange. It was a soft gesture, something he might have done for Dawn, but never would girls like Ingriss or Umraely appreciate such a thing.

"I liked it too" She said as she got up and moved into Xujjas lap. "Feed me the rest... whatever you dont want yourself."

It felt like he had been asleep for weeks. He was right where he had been beaten down, in the middle of their common room, surrounded by the bits of shattered table.

The twelve year old tiefling child rolled to sit up, cracked ribs protesting with stabbing pain. The pain of his ribs was surpassed by the agony of having to pull the nails free from his own hands.

While he did so he heard his mother, she sounded... happy.

"Good... good boy. You got your first touch of rage."

Xujja was sure his mother was going to beat him to death, she kept talking instead.

"Look around you boy... my scrawny son...he tore himself free from being nailed to the table. Attacked Ingriss of White-Pines like a crazed mountain lion."

Xujja still didnt say anything.

"Hands nailed to a table and being beaten to death... you made the right choice. Break the table, damn the nails, attack attack attack."

The warm sensation of fresh blood working its way down the inside of his nose. Still, he kept quiet and let his mother talk.

"Im proud of you boy. You are allowed to go fishing today, enjoy yourself little man... just dont come home without something for both us to eat."

Xujja didnt care how hurt he was, he was more hungry. Permission to go fishing forced his wrecked muscles to work and propelled him towards the door. His mother added one more thing before scuttling to her room.

"You wrecked the table, so from now on we have to nail you outside to the porch for lessons."

Curled up in their usual bed again Xujja, and his darling snowflake Essmi, had been talking for some time in the quiet dark. He had told her the story of how he received the strange and wonderful ring. When he showed her the ring, and its intricate work, its holy symbol of Auril... her eyes went wide.

"Thats... how you swallow people in ice, isnt it? With this... relic?"

"It is, little snowflake... it is"

Seeming to change the subject, Xujja spoke more.

"You remember we spoke of Ingriss and Dimetree... and how foolish I thought it was to give up such a symbol in such a situation?"

"I do"

"Ever since Dawn... I have prettymuch felt that while I can lay with any girl, no one should really look for anything more than a roll in the grass from outside their cult."

Essmi was watching him speak now. Xujja took the enchanted ring from his finger and put it on hers, its magic shrinking it down to fit snugly on her.

"Xujja, my darling... you shouldnt-" Essmi started to protest.

"It was given to me... and I was told I would know what to do with it."

She was speechless, looking at the ring with a slight blue glow while he kept talking.

"I told you stories about people who didnt deserve the devotion offered to them and about fools making dramatic gestures..."

He looked at her tiny hand in his, kept talking.

"I told those stories to contrast this moment. You /deserve/ this.... and I am no fool for giving it to you."

Essmi finally spoke.

"This is far beyond a gift, this is an honor you bestow."

There was a breath of hesitation, even in the dark he could see her face trying to decide something, or maybe looking for some bravery. She took a breath, He felt her hand squeeze his, the beautiful hin girl looked up at him and smiled.

"I love you, Xujja."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks again to everyone still reading my story.

J
Last edited by mr duncan on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

Always a pleasure to read. GREAT STORY.
Aitana
Dancing Queen

Post by Aitana »

Wow!

Amazing the rp transformed into your story!

Keep them comming John! :D
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

A special read, that one. :)
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

"And I love you, Essmi" It was a true thing he said, but no less difficult to say for its truth.

Brilliant blue eyes looked up at him, gleaming wet with tears. The beautiful hin girl crawled closer to him, she put both of her hands on his face and gave him a deep impassioned kiss.

The couple laid back on the bed, Essmi resting her head on his chest. The girl closed her eyes and laid there in silence enjoying Xujja stroking her hair. Essmi was both so very pretty and so very tiny that Xujja could rarely resist the dual urges to have and to harm her, but this night he simply stayed lying on the bed petting her hair till she feel asleep.

She feel asleep fairly quickly, but Xujja stayed awake for many more hours, staring at the ceiling of their room.

I should have grown up enough by now to not blame one person for anothers lies.

Xujja was annoyed that Essmi had gone to the orphanage, but he was at least glad he could hear her tiny booted feet crossing the highway and heading towards him. Xujja heard the sounds behind him but kept talking to one of the local greenswords, a man that seemed to Xujja to enjoy his misery a bit too much.

"So let me guess... you were some apprentice shaman, hungry for more power than you rightfully deserved...."

The man looked down at the grass, Xujja kept talking.

"So you reached out into something dark that you didnt understand, and were touched by it." Xujja simplified the mans rather long attempt at a mysterious explanation and said it back at him.

Hearing the truth of his story said in simple bold terms made the man somehow look even further downward and nod.

"Ill give you a spot of advice." Xujja said to the man who was still silent.

"Now that you have these powers, master them. That is a much better choice than whining like a bitch over something you did to yourself... or walking about the kingdom with your head down like a kicked puppy."

In one of the rental rooms at the Anglers inn Xujja knelt in front of Essmi, assisting her in removing her armor.

Why wont she just give this up?

"You dont need to talk to her again. She wasnt swayed this time, she will not change her mind later on." Xujja said to Essmi as he unfastened a buckle and lifted off her breastplate.

"No, I think she was starting to listen."

"Dawn is a liar. She even tried to pronounce a man dead when he was still /talking/, instead of healing him just cause Ingriss would have been a murderer should he die... thats how much she wants Ingriss to stay in trouble."

"She still has feelings for you. If she is forced to face the fact that she cant harbor love for you and at the same time try to hurt your unborn, then she will make the right choice."

"She never loved me in the first place and she didnt care enough about our child to even try to give it a family. Being eaten by a pack of rats is too good for that bitch." He said as he pulled off the chain shirt under her breastplate and started unbuckling her thighs.

Essmi gave a pouting sigh and looked hurt. The reaction made Xujja angry. Didnt he have a right to hate someone that had done such wrong to him?

"What?" he implored.

"I just feel like when you say that about her... you could say it about me."

"She betrayed me. She lied about the worst thing you can lie to someone about. After spewing lies about loving me, she ran away with our child."

Xujja could see an unpleasant tremor pass over her face at the mention of the child.

"Is that what this is all about? Something you are trying to make up for... because you feel unable to satisfy?"

"I just want to save your child. Ingriss made this situation for herself, but there is no reason you should suffer another loss for it."

"There are a good many things that simply cannot be changed, Snowflake. I promise it has been harder for me to let go than it will be for you, but I managed it."

All this because she cant offer me children.

She hugged him tight, squeezing his neck and whispering into his ear. "Dont be mad at me Xujja."

"Im not angry at you, but I do hope you can let go of this now. Dawn no doubt gave you weak excuses and a list of people she could blame for her actions... anything but face up to what she is doing herself."

Essmi had to nod, a little defeated.

"The rest of the kingdom makes this mistake too.. because she has pretty eyelashes and a holy symbol of the sun. You could find a whore with more love and devotion to her customers than Dawn has for the man she swore unflinching devotion to. She will not be your ally... just let go and dont go back."

"I guess I shouldnt... but what if she comes to talk to me?" Essmi said, a bit hopeful.

"Do you realize I have taken most of your gear off... you are practically naked here in front of me and we are still talking about that lying bitch?"

Essmi gave Xujja another kiss, letting him change the subject. Once their minds were refocused on one another they crawled into their bed.

Xujja stood with arms crossed, looking down the slope of the hill. His eyes followed his paramour, Essmi of Termelaine, as she ran after a goblin and split open its head with her mace. The tiny little girl in icy white-blue armor spun on her heel and smashed open the face of the other goblin behind her.

Xujja felt a sense of pride welling up in him as she walked up the slope where he waited. A spray of blood had decorated the right of her face and bits of goblin still clung to the jagged spikes of her mace.

Sometimes, like now, his feelings and relationship with Essmi seemed a blurry thing. There was no denying the lust her pretty face and sexy shape inspired in him... but there were also times when her small frame and her need for training made it feel like his lover was a daughter he was raising himself. More confusing still was how well he slipped into allowing her the role of mothering him. They seemed to drift between these three states easily and without warning.

"It does my heart good to see you beat something to death, you are getting good." Xujja said to her.

Essmi smiled wide at the praise. "Thank you. Do you think you can teach me to use a bigger weapon?"

"Like what?"

"I want to use a battleaxe, like our Queen."

"Dosnt that seem like itll be a bit unbalanced for you?"

"You and plenty of humans use great axes and two handed swords."

"I guess so, lass. Yes. I mean... yesterday we saw a blind lass using a crossbow. If that is possible, anything is."

"So lets go buy me a battleaxe?"

"Yes, lets go buy you a battleaxe."

Xujja stood looking down at the man they had killed. An Uthgardt barbarian of the Grey wolf tribe lay dead at his feet. The man had been one of this camps better warriors, and had displayed that by cutting Xujja several times before being slain himself.

As Essmi walked up to him, Xujja knelt over the fallen barbarian and tore out his eye.

"Going to eat that?"

"We are"

"But I didnt kill it. You did."

"We share our kills now, as soon we will be bound."

"But... its so... do I have to eat it?"

"Remember I told you that eating is a spiritual act? Devouring your foes, especially the eyes, is also a consumption of their very souls life force. Your powers will grow in leaps and bounds when you return to a more natural state." Xujja felt a bit strange teaching a priestess about such things but she was still a city girl, holy or not.

Essmi hesitated in thought.

"Your magic has already grown since your first experience."

"It did"

"and this is a form of courtship, a sharing more serious than trading kisses or rings."

"Courtship... so you really meant what you said about our betrothal? You would really have me... as a... as a wife?"

"Of corse I will. When I say no other girl has ever been your equal, it is a monumental understatement."

Essmi leaned over to the fallen warrior and tore free his other eye before looking back at Xujja.

"Feed me with your own hand then, my love."

Xujja pushed the bloody mess of an eyeball into her open mouth. A second later she fed him the other eye. Though he had only barely explained it to her she had participated in one of the most sacred acts with him, something that would only be shared with tribe and kin.

Essmi seemed a perfect creature at that moment. Her face was beautiful and her will was brutal. She was capable of great tenderness for him, but never hesitated at violence either. Better still, he would never have to think that some day their faith would divide them, but rather their shared faith served to further unite them.

Enraptured at the sight of her extreme beauty painted with dripping blood, it was he who spoke his feelings first this time.

"I love you Essmi"

"I love you too Xujja"

For most people a campsite full of the hacked corpses of a few dozen barbarians would not seem the most romantic of places. For the couple that shared the moment, however, it was the perfect place to exchange such words and all the kisses that went with them.

______________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ijc-P5nhc

Thanks again to everyone reading.

J
Last edited by mr duncan on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

Creeeepy :)

Nice!
Aitana
Dancing Queen

Post by Aitana »

First of all great read...

Thanks for posting the link... Now others can get a visual of Essmi and Xujja's story.... well a piece of it ;)

Loved it!

Dani
Khayul
Goblin Scout

Post by Khayul »

Very good!!! keep up the good work!!!
:P
Usstan orn or'shanse dos ulu Lolth

Current NWN2 PC: Yllana
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

I understand my lesson, Let go. I am rewarded for letting go... but I am so very terrible at it.

A lone tiefling in blue armor stood on the bridge into Rivermoot. Immense sadness was his companion and burden. All the things he had lusted for as a child were his now.... His battle prowess had given him all the loot and glory he could have cared for. The abused only-child even had a family now, brothers and sisters sent from all corners of the map to serve the White Queen at his side.

I dont think I can. I am not this strong

The comparison Xujja kept making in his head was to think of himself as an egg shell with the edible insides taken out. Hollow.

I understand my lesson. I grasped it too late, I can look for no forgiveness here.

Xujja had refused leadership, even though it was apparent that the others looked to him as a leader and chieftain... he had insisted his wife lead.

That is why you took my snowflake from me, Auril. I cannot know anger at you for this, my Queen... I can only blame myself for being weak and deserving your punishment.

The tiefling with a terrible sadness kept staring at the water, watching the fish flit under the bridge. He didnt move all day.

Kneeling in the thick snow under the looming face of their goddess, Xujja and Essmi turned to face one another after finishing their prayers. Each of them reached out and took the hands of the other.

Essmis white face and hair stood out in sharp contrast to the deep black. As bright white as the tiny snowflakes glinting in the darkness around them. She was the first to speak, looking up into Xujjas eyes.

"I swear to be amorous, and obsessive over my husband. To desire you as the greatest of treasures, and to own you with a jealous eye."

Xujja spoke an oath in response to Essmis words.

"I swear to be possessive and lusty with my wife. I swear to covet you as the greatest of treasures, and always own you with a jealous eye."

Behind him he could hear booted feet on the bridge. A cute lass, with strange white and blue eyes that resembled ice, came walking up behind him and offered a greeting.

"Greetings brother" She said.

It was Juniper, his sister. He had a sister now... he had a whole family. Like so many others, she had been led here by fate to be at his side.

Hearing her helped him manage to force a smile. "Good to see you again, dear sister."

"Whats wrong?" She asked with clear concern in her voice.

I finally know emptiness, I sometimes think of drowning myself while standing here at the bridge.

"Nothing that we need to talk about sister, nothing is wrong" He lied.

Xujja took a seat across from the Dambrathan noble in the bar. At mid-day the Anglers Inn was usually empty, and the two prettymuch had the place to themselves.

"You asked to see me... but it dosnt look like we are getting ready to work." Xujja said.

Ix took a drink of his wine before answering.

"We arent here to work, In fact this work is mostly over for both of us."

"Oh?"

"Yes. I have been summoned home, and your path now clearly lies more with the faithful of your Queen and your newlywed bride."

For most of his life since getting free of Luskans chains Xujja had been working as a sellsword and plunderer. Being the frontline in that mercenary crew had been what took him from being an escaped slave in rags to being a grown man with magical wargear and heavy steel armor.

"I am returning home to manage my household, fortune has finally ruined my mother enough to where she needs her son again... So I will be boarding a ship back home to Dambrath within the hour."

"I see, so this is your goodbye."

"Yes... I had hoped Abeila could make it, but I guess thats just another sign that it was time for our crew to go their own ways."

Xujja just nodded while Ix kept speaking.

"I wanted to give you this." Ix said while taking off his necklace and handing it to the tiefling.

"A gift? Why? I didnt get you one."

"A leader must provide loot for their crew. Consider it my last act as your leader.... Besides, I still owe you a bit for those potions."

Ix smirked and added more.

"There are many great treasures waiting for me at home, the first of which is the amulet bearing my noble houses seal. Its best someone get some use out of this one... if not you, give it to someone. Any one of those pretty girls that like to flock about you."

Xujja nodded. "I know just the one, thanks cutter."

Lynneth took her seat in the snow between Xujja and Juniper. The girls were talking to one another, but Xujja wasnt listening. It had been a long time since he had been distracted by a pretty girl, he almost felt like the person he had been again.

The girl from the far-off kingdom of Sossal was now his sister, his sister Lynneth. As she sat close to Juniper she stretched her legs out to rest from their long hike into the mountains.

Xujja admired the curve of her legs. A pretty girl, but also blessed with a powerful and graceful body shaped by years of battle training. He found himself thinking that he liked her strange civilized eastern customs... the way she bowed with a flourish every time she met him. Her bright pretty eyes that glittered with intellect reminded him of smooth gemstones.

Does this mean I am letting go of my wife?

The empty sadness took him again. There was no answer he liked.

Is it right to grind all desire out of me? Can I be my Queens champion with or without my own will remaining? It would it be easier to be Aurils Golem, an automaton.... Xujja the Golem.

He was still looking at her well muscled legs, his sisters legs.

I should never have refused leadership when her majesty insisted I take it. I should commit myself to tending the flock given to me. Train them to protect themselves, guard their faith, and allow the lessons of the priestess' to fill the empty parts of me.

Recommitting himself to his duty was easier than deciding what was right and wrong. Maybe it was too early to decide, but to early or not.... he still found himself appreciating the beauty of his sister Lynneth as she spoke quietly with Juniper.

Face to face with their hands locked together, Essmi and Xujja finished their marriage vows. They spoke the words at the same time now, staring at one another in the deep dark of Aurils presence.

"These things I swear, in our Queens holy name. O'nym, O'nym, O'nym."

The two held one another in a tight embrace and kissed for a very long time.

Vil'zra, his first sister, sat with him in the shade of the elms outside Rivermoot. He had just tied the amulet Ix had given him around his elven sisters neck. The exact words and compliments they exchanged were lost to Xujja, but her embarrassed expression and blushing face showed she really didnt feel worthy of the gift.

The blue-haired elf lass smiled at him, and thanked him. With Essmi gone she was the only family, the only real friend, he had left in the kingdom.

"When will Essmi be back?" She asked.

"She left to tend her mentors burial rites... but that was many months ago on a fairly short journey. I am beginning to think she is gone."

There was great sympathy in Vil'zras eyes for her tiefling brother, and it was at least nice to sit with someone else who shared pleasant memories of his darling Essmi, his little snowflake.

"You speak of her constantly, perhaps too often... you are not here and now, brother." Juniper said to him as they walked across the powdery white snow of the glacier

"I have a hard time letting go of things." He said to his sister Juniper.

He added more "How long would you wait to let go? If you swore yourself to someone in your goddess name... how long would you wait without seeing them and assume them gone to this world?"

"Maybe you need to think more of moving on, than letting go."

It seemed like it was just a trick of words, but his sister was a priestess... she was supposed to council him. He wanted to keep talking... to tell her he had been dreaming of Essmi, but then that wouldnt be moving on.

Xujja only nodded to what Juniper had said, and forced himself not to speak again.

A lone tiefling in blue armor stood on the bridge into Rivermoot. His thoughts were heavy and sad, and despite his great strength the tiefling was sure he could not carry this burden.

Just let go.

He did this every day, came to the bridge to watch things floating away in the water.

I let go of my first, Dawn

Each day he stood here, the farmers had passed him by so many times they no longer stared.

I let go of my unborn child.

Each day he said the same things to himself, a ritual that was as sad as it was necessary.

I understand my lesson, Let go. I am rewarded for letting go... but I am so very terrible at it.

His unmoving face betrayed no sign of the spinning thoughts in his head.

Let go and accept the truth.

Only a slight sigh escaped his lips.

Just let go

A fish swam by and ate the bug he had been watching on the waters surface.

Let go.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks again to everyone still reading. I apologize for not writing more earlier, a lot of time has passed with a lot of RP that deserved to be written about, but I have been building a lot lately and short on time. Thanks to everyone Ive been playing with lately, Ill try to write more soon.

J
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Once again, well written and a pleasure to read
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
mr duncan
Owlbear

Post by mr duncan »

He had been staring at the water, watching fish drift past for hours. The day had come and gone. Less than a dozen yards behind him he could heard a ship stopping at the dock at nearby Highhold. Several passengers and porters were busy unloading themselves and supplies from the ship.

The noise and jostling in the water drove most of the fish off and irritated Xujja. He had lived in civilization more than a few years now and still he hated the noises of men. Rather than move on he decided to wait for them to clear out, it was late and most of them would likely scurry off to the inn for the night and leave him in peace.

He had just about resettled into his contemplations when the sounds of boots on the bridge behind him stirred his attention. Someone from the boat had come this way, and they had stopped on the bridge with him. The voice that addressed him had a magical quality to it that made Xujja pause and forget to be annoyed with the question.

"Excuse me, Sir... but are you a local?"

A glance behind him revealed a short shrouded female, from the figure and the voice she seemed elven.

"Hells... I guess by now I am sort of a local. What do you need lass?"

**********************************************************************************************

"I am surely not as pretty as our new Sister." Juniper said as she looked out at the water flowing under the little wooden bridge.

Xujja had seen plenty of pretty girls in his time in the Silver Marches, still he was sure his words were true, if not a bit of understatement.

"Dont worry about how you look next to her. No one looks that good... No one, ever. I had a hard time believing she was real."

**********************************************************************************************

It was a grey dreary day in Rivermoot. Dawn and Xujja had taken refuge under the towers edge to sit out of the rain. The dark skies echoed the mood of the gulf growing between them. With tears in her eyes she took to her feet, pausing to yell at him before taking off.

"I am the only one who has ever loved you!"

Dawn with a teary face and a broken heart was so achingly beautiful that he couldnt have followed if he had wanted to. As much as he hated what she said and as much as she sounded like his mother, no one had ever displayed such passion over him before.

*************************************************************************************************

"I dont worry about it." Juniper said in response, looking over at Xujja. She said more while looking him over for reaction.

"She is just a bit well... Hmm.. she is very charming."

An understatement if ever there was one.

The tiefling warrior in blue plate had a good laugh

************************************************************************************************

Xujja bumped into the stranger as he walked around the tent. He wasnt used to there being a blue tent in the way, perhaps whats why he bumped into her, or maybe because he was busy counting the coins in his hand.

The coins he had been counting hit the cobblestones and rolled away into the grass, forgotten. He didnt know yet who she was, but he was staring at Iranne of Evereska.

The girl was short for a golden elf, with sharp faerie features and long wavy golden hair. Blessed with a picturesque face and an alluring body, she seemed to Xujja to possess all the most desirable traits of the females of the elven race.

The elven beauty didnt seem flustered at all by the impact, she in fact had already recovered gracefully and took a moment to look him over while he stared.

"Well hello, handsome."

After he had his laugh Xujja calmed and replied to Juniper.

"I understand. It was like... I cant describe it really. I have seen lots of really pretty girls, but it was like getting hit in the /face/ when I saw what she looked like.

Xujja hesitated, looking out at the water instead of his sister, before saying more.

"I even... uh.. I forgot about Essmi for a few minutes, when I first saw her. I had a few breaths where I couldnt think of anything but looking more.

"That bad, aye?" Juniper asked.

Xujja offered a slight nod, still looking at the water. Since his wife had been missing for so long he had been tempted by other girls, even kissed some, but he had never actually had a moment without missing her. He didnt like having to admit that he missed her, nor that he had forgotten her even for a moment. Still, it was Junipers duty to know these things and help direct him. These things must be said.

A beautiful halfling girl with snowy white hair and sparkling blue eyes stood just outside Rivermoot talking to his friend Mimosa. Essmi had all the features he liked seeing in elves... a sleek sharp face, a graceful form, eyes with a slight slant, and pointed ears. A perfect vision of beauty.... shrunk down to the size of a halfling.

The two girls must have been talking about him, because when he got closer the teasing started. The scene made Essmi burst into a nervous giggle that quickly turned into honest laughter.

The two hin ladies were busy enjoying their laughter and whatever inside joke they had invented just before he got there. Xujja was entranced looking at the girl laughing, something so pretty with a hint of emptiness too. He wanted to know this beauty that had such a perfect laugh.

I have to become close to this creature, this snowflake.

Juniper didnt wait for an answer, she knew her brother fairly well by now and knew how much he would want such a beauty.

"I thought she was a charmer." she said

Xujja kept looking at the water, letting Juniper say more.

"Then I saw her dance."

This time both of them were quiet for a while. Their Sister Lotus was not only a beauty to behold, but the most amazing dancer either of them had ever seen. Juniper spoke again.

"Will she be entertaining us often?"

He sat there under the birch tree on the shoreline of Rivermoots northeastern edge. He started at a sight that he could hardly believe.

The priestess of Umberlee had lured, taunted, and aroused the normally cold and grumpy Abelia into kissing her. Xujja watched the two girls kissing for so long he was surprised when it stopped and after a whisper from the priestess, Abelia turned to crawl into his lap.

They kissed for a moment, but Xujja stopped her. He was just beginning to sort out how he felt about this girl Dawn, maybe now wasnt the best time for drunken kissing games?

Raven haired Abelia paused for a moment when Xujja did, but only for a moment. She knew why he hesitated and she had no love for the girl he was thinking about. She pressed back into the kiss, throwing herself into the kiss with too much force and passion for him to ignore.

"I think she will perform any time you want, Sister"

"I think she needs a good dose of free will."

"I agree. I dont think she has ever really thought of herself as her own creature.

Another pause where Xujja added more because he was talking to Juniper, his Sister and shaman.

"Thats why I couldnt chase her even though I want nothing more than to do just that."

The conversation had gone well with the girl who revealed her name was Lotus. She had also revealed that they shared the same faith when she saw the snowflake on his forehead. The veil bothered him, he had pressed her to know if she was Dambrathan and under the impression she had to hide her face. She just wouldnt seem to take the hint so he asked.

"So why are you all covered up then? You seem like an elf lass, not some southlands veiled girl. Why not show your face?"

The girl looked around them. By now the night had returned to its peaceful quiet save for their own words. No one was around.

Xujja found himself growing more and more curious as the girl stepped a little closer. In a single smooth motion she dropped her veil and pulled her hood back.

The beauty he witnessed left him so stunned that it took him more than a few moments to realize that a drow had just revealed itself to him. He stared at the flawless inhuman beauty, unable to respond or even blink. If he had imagined a perfect beauty he still would have fallen short of the face he was looking at now. A radiant alluring elf maiden, but black as a deep winters night. Her snowy white hair and crystal blue eyes fascinated him and forced his stare. This aching beauty took a step closer to him and then it did the impossible. It smiled at him.

If I had to carve the face of the Queen, no other face but this one would suffice.

Thanks again to everyone still reading my work. Extra special thanks to Mikayla for getting back into ALFA and gaming with us.

J
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

As always, very enjoyable! :D
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?