The Real and True Recollections of Caleb Gotley (18+)

For 18+ stories, poems and other creative art.
Nyarlathotep
Owlbear

The Real and True Recollections of Caleb Gotley (18+)

Post by Nyarlathotep »

This is a journal, more or less. Caleb has been gone for awhile but I'l hoping to be returning in 4-6 weeks so I thought I'd give people a chance to see what he's been doing. The things presented here will range from things that he experienced in the world and things he imagined. These things are equally real to Caleb so things might become confusing, he makes little differentiation between the mind and the physical world. They are both real.

This might get bloody and a bit harsh at points so be forewarned. Caleb is a throughly despicable creature with few redeeming features.

Also these are Caleb's recollections and experiences, as such they may seem to contradict things that occurred in game. He is wrong more often as not and his journal will be no more accurate than anything else he does.
Lurker at the Threshold

Huntin' humans ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rabbits. Run, rabbit, run. Run, rabbit. Run, rabbit. Run rabbit. Run, rabbit, run! RUN, RABBIT, RUN! ~

Otis Driftwood, House of a Thousand Corpses
Nyarlathotep
Owlbear

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The Real and True Recollections of Caleb Gotley

Ches 25, 13__

She was mad. Madder even than the time I done stole one of Ephram’s barn cats and tried to figure out how many ways I could skin it. She tanned my hide but good fer that, then she done showed me how to do it proper. Anyhows she was real mad.

“I done told you to stay away from them city folk,” she said.

“Yes ma’am.” It’s best to mind yer manners when she gets her fur up.

“And did you listen boy?” she said.

“No ma’am,” I said.

“No you didn't heed a word did you boy? No. Who were you to listen to an old woman? Too smart fer yer own good is what you were boy,” she said. “I told you they were dun fer. I told you they’d bin judged.”

I didn’t have nothing to say to that so I just hung my head and stared at the floor. Looked like some of the boards were rotten, I hoped she didn’t expect me to fix’em.

“You hear me boy?”

“Yes ma’am”

“Look at me boy. You aint fixing no boards till I’m finished with you.”

I reckoned the spirits were whispering to her so I did like she said, it aint smart to get her riled up when the haunts be speaking to her. Problem was she was already riled up plenty

She slapped me. Clawing up her fingers so them rotten yellow nails of hers dug into my cheek. “Yer a fool Caleb Gotley and that’s a fact. You done followed yer own thoughts and not that of Himself.”

I didn’t say nothing. Nothing to say.

“You git yerself snakebit and think you kin run back here with yer tail tucked ‘tween yer legs? You think I’ll just fix things for you like I done before? Not this time. I mean to larn you different boy.”

The scratch burned. I wondered if she’d put anything under her nails to get me sick like she done to cousin Zilia. After she caught him with them girls from the village she clawed his arm. It wasn’t an hour 'fore that arm swelled up bigger than a hog’s belly and turned all black. Took a week but it finally burst open, spilling all these squiggly black things on the floor. Zilia wouldn’t stop crying after that so Abraham had me and Ned dump him out in the swamp. Didn’t quiet him down none but at least we didn’t have to listen to it no more. Anyhow it was to too late to be worrying ‘bout that. If she was of a mind to put me in the ground then that was where I’d go.

She smiled. “No boy you aint that lucky. Take off them fancy clothes of yours, I know what you paid fer them and I don’t want ‘em getting ruined.”

I knew what was coming but I did like she said. Warnt no point in getting her any more riled up.

“ ‘Sides Zilia aint in the ground.”
Last edited by Nyarlathotep on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lurker at the Threshold

Huntin' humans ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rabbits. Run, rabbit, run. Run, rabbit. Run, rabbit. Run rabbit. Run, rabbit, run! RUN, RABBIT, RUN! ~

Nyarlathotep
Owlbear

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Tarsakh 3, 13__

The box was dark.

I hate the box but Granny Marsh didn’t give me no choice. Said it was fer my own good. Said I should thank her. Said it would larn me mind my elders. Said if I didn’t get in she’d cut my balls off and sell ‘em to city folk as genuine Blackwater Oysters.

I got in the box.

I didn’t really fit no more since I aint been inside since I was thirteen but Granny warnt in no mind to be hearing excuses. She just grabbed me by the hair of my head and shoved me down. I asked her not to leave me there but she just smiled and closed the box.

Whore.

She nailed it shut. I was alone.

The dark aint a good place.

I screamed but they didn’t listen. I begged but they didn’t care. They laughed at my threats. I cried and they smelled my tears. I fell silent and they sang.

If you aint never heard the Song there aint no way for me to tell you what it sounds like.

Black soul of the starving mother.

That’s what it is. A stain. A lullaby. Aint like no other thing you’ll ever hear. You see as much as hear. But not with your eyes. No. With your ears. Understand? Yes? No? Doesn’t matter.

I’m lying.

Makes you want to f**k.

Die.

Kill.

Love.

She loves her children but needs to devour them.

Us.

Me.

She is so hungry.

Starving.

Ravenous.

Ravaged. Abandoned. Barren.

Empty.

Not Him. Her. He is One. He is All.

Abraham was with them. He stood outside trying to get in.

He whispered to me. “We aint done boy,” he said, “I’m waiting fer you.”

Cotton let me out. F**k. I didn’t want to deal with Cotton.
Lurker at the Threshold

Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

Good stuff, look forward to hearing more!
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Nyarlathotep
Owlbear

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Tarsakh 5, 13__

I hate dealing with Cotton. He aint right in the head. When he was a boy he turned his back on the Old One to become a priest of the Crippled God. Family legend has it that he made a name for himself as a preacher in the city but was cast out of the church when he dragged some noble’s wife out of her bed and had her horsewhipped for fornicating with an elf. They took everything from him and he had to crawl back to the Hollow with nothing but the shirt on his back.

It was no less than he deserved. He knew better than to pray to false idols. In his shame he fled into the deep swamps to live with the mosquitoes and catfish. He even got himself an alligator wife. She taught him how to speak with fireflies and which frogs were good to eat and which would bring madness. She taught him how to make the waters give up its secrets and how to call up the spirits.

One night the Taker came to him in his sleep and showed him the light. That morning Cotton kissed his alligator wife and told her he loved her. Then he stuck a hog bone knife into her heart and twisted. When she finished thrashing about he skinned her and made a pair of boots. He still wears the boots.

Upon his return he preached The Word to his kin. Most of us were saved but some remained resolute in their ignorance. They claimed the Old One would return and with him the Red Queen. Filled with the spirit Cotton horsewhipped them until only Abraham remained in the Darkness.

Unfortunately for me despite all his accomplishments he was still crazier than batshit.

“Can you read this,” he said, tossing a weathered journal to the floor.

“Where you git that?” It was one of them rhetorical questions. I knew that he had got from my pack. Stupid to get him riled up though, I was still weak from my time in the box.

Grabbing a hold of my throat Cotton slammed me against the wall and pressed the tip of that hog boned knife of his against the white of my eye. “You best be answering me boy if you want to be keeping that eye of yours.”

“Yes.” I know I got two of ‘em but I warnt in no mood to be losing any of ‘em, not after sitting in the dark fer a week.

“Who taught you?”

“I taught myself.”

“Liar,” he said, “you aint smart ‘nuff to wipe yer own ass let alone larn yerself how to cipher no books.”

“Smarter than you old man.” That was real stupid of me but I was tired of being pushed around.

“Tell me why I shouldn’t kill you right here and now boy?”

I didn’t say a word.

He nodded and let me go. “Good. Leastways you’re smart enough to know that there aint never a reason not to do His work.”

I slumped to the ground croaked, “I mean to larn myself some hexes.”

He laughed. “You mean to be a cunning man boy?”

“Yes,” I said.

“You aint got in you boy. More than that you aint yer own man anymore…are you boy?”

I didn't deny it.

“Well if you mean to do this yer going to have to go ask him fer permission.”

He smiled. “You shore you don’t want me to kill you Caleb? I’ll make it quick.”

“F**k you Cotton.”

“F**k me?” he laughed, “I aint the whore here.”

The bastard laughed.
Lurker at the Threshold

Electryc
Wyvern

Post by Electryc »

how can I laugh at this evil stuff? Cotton fornicating with alligator folk is against the laws of nature. lol
DM whana-be
FanaticusIncendi
Illithid

Post by FanaticusIncendi »

more to the point, how can I laugh at this stuff?! too funny, looking forward to more :D
Currently otherwise occupied.