Tavern Tales and Rumors

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

Rumple C
Bard

Re: Tavern Tales and Rumors

Post by Rumple C »

A rather noisy man on a black horse has arrived at Boareskyr Bridge. After stopping by the freshly built ring, and extolling the carpenters to work faster, he rides past every tent, and down every muddy lane shouting out in a loud voice that...

"The first annual King of the Ring competition has arrived! Grown men will pummel each other with their BARE HANDS! Grown women will engage in TITILATING COMBAT! See blood, see writhing women! Do not miss your chance to see! Do not miss your chance to fight for a share in over a THOUSAND GOLDEN COINS!

12.August.2015: Never forget.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

A group of adventurer's were seen in the Happy Hippocampus , talking of a great green dragon and how the dragons had caused great destruction in and on the edge of the forest of Wyrms. There was also mention of great hordes of undead headed somewhere, and they talked as if they actually spoke to one of the dragons.

Notice has been given at the various trade costers that the dragons will not tolerate the trade "issues" filtering into their forests.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Meanwhile, there are reports of burned bodies and pools of acid along the road west of Hill's Edge, presumably from the dragons of the forest. There are more than a few mutterings of 'those damned fools who had to poke the dragons nest', from Hill's Edge and the surroundings as traffic in the area disappears for now for fear of being next to be melted.

Flyers are starting to be put up across the Heartlands to avoid the road to HIll's Edge for the next tenday for fear of being the next green dragon snack, with a few more being thrown up calling for a new wave of dragon hunters to the forest to 'teach those bastards to stay in their forest'.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

A motley band of adventurers were over heard talking of the recent demise of a group of outlaws that have been plaguing the road since the dragons attacked
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Various mercenaries and travelers give tale of a flare up in bandit and monster activity along the trade way. With the fighting off west around Dragonspear between the Zhentarim and Triad in a lull, most of the danger now seems to be more southward, towards Boareskyr.

Nonetheless, a squad of Tempus warriors has been helping travelers and caravans make their journeys safely with the only payment requested as provisions so they can continue their honor bound duty.

The band of brothers frequently stops at The Winding Way when not offering their assistance at Boareskyr Bridge.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies