Campaign: Ascension

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: Campaign: Ascension

Post by HEEGZ »

I have a non-adventuring company idea that works for starters involving a Patron NPC. I'll run it past DarkHin. There could be some variety to reward possibilities, but likely to lean more towards the mercenary and coin paradigm by default. I know there will not be time to come up with individual RP motivations for all 10 PCs on day one. PCs are adventurers by trade, and that should be reason enough for anyone wanting in on the campaign.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

A patron pulling us all together with an offer of gold/magic/information/warm croissants/whatever sounds fine to me - then we can all meet and do the macho-I-am-tougher-and-badder-than-you bullshit that occupies so much of our role-play. Once that is out of the way, then we can kill some folks and take their stuff (the core of any good D&D game!).

I think the patron thing and the name of the "adventuring company" and all that is going to have to come from the DMs - organizing 10 players to get together to discuss anything, let along getting them to agree upon something, is a practical impossibility. So ... you know, leave it to the DMs to create whatever thing draws us together, THEN let the players do their thing and either come together or kill each other or whatever.

:)
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Mikayla wrote:I think the patron thing and the name of the "adventuring company" and all that is going to have to come from the DMs - organizing 10 players to get together to discuss anything, let along getting them to agree upon something, is a practical impossibility. So ... you know, leave it to the DMs to create whatever thing draws us together, THEN let the players do their thing and either come together or kill each other or whatever.
That is the plan. I've dropped the adventuring company idea, as requested, in favor of a patron NPC and a simple plot hook. After the initial session you guys should have a lot of freedom to do as you please. There is some wiggle room for IC motivations as well, but I don't want to spend the entire session haggling.

I am only going to have around 2-3 hours to play, so the more time we spend on the grouping up initially, the less time there will be for the session plot itself. At least from me. DarkHin will probably be closing out most sessions I think.
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Sounds great HEEGZ, looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Peter
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
Darkmystic
Owlbear

Post by Darkmystic »

Eeep, missed this thread! Pming asap.
Darkmystic
Owlbear

Post by Darkmystic »

I will jump onto the train nomatter what it ends up as. I think I done a character that will be able to fit any group and create some intressting rp.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

It's a new year, fresh new campaign; here's to us all having an excellent, positive experience during the course of this run. :)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I believe all EPCs have been approved to play in the campaign as of today. Darkmystic and Peter were the last two. If you are playing an EPC, please make sure to get a planetouched token from DarkHin or I tomorrow if you do not already have one.

Please make sure that you have rolled your PC and logged in at least two times before the scheduled start tomorrow. The second login is required to trigger the ACR skill and language window adjustments. Thanks!
Darkmystic
Owlbear

Post by Darkmystic »

If I remember right, these characters should only be logged in and played for the campaign, correct?
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Nope, you can log in early. I've DM'd a couple already. Ronan killed one as well in the middle of my session with it... I'll double check with DarkHin. We discussed not leaving the server. Can't remember if that was mandatory. If you leave Soubar you may risk being killed on sight on most ALFA cities.

We should add this to the OOC discussion tomorrow I guess.
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

Please PM me the languages you know.
DM on WHL
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Alas, i missed the 2nd session with other more pressing matters. Could someone please provide me with the gist of the rest of the she-devils speech and the aftermath?

Thanks heaps.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

I shall PM you my redacted log, and I'd like to do a "make up" session with Mouth, if your free sometime before next session.
DM on WHL
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

Any chance of this moving to the weekend?
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

when ronan is done with WHL in a month or three there is a chance of Sunday night game. DarkHin has offered to ad hoc folks as well, and I can on occasion also.