Ascension Scheduling

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Re: Ascension Scheduling

Post by DarkHin »

Our next session will begin at 8pm PST/11pm EST as usually, but after that I would like us to try and start at 7/10pm. It will be a lot easier on easterners.

My own preference is as early as possible, but I believe Mikayla doesn't get home until around 7 PST, since she is drilled to death all day at police academy.

I think she should instead be an unctuous lawyer, rake in the cash, and spend all her free time in ALFA, but apparantly she is distracted by strange things such as her social conscience and a mysterious, unproven phenomenon some call "real life."
DM on WHL
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

It seems that this time is not really working out, too early for some, too late for others. Please suggest some ideal days and times. Anytime is fine with me. Ronan has his campaign Sunday night, but we could play during the day, before his.

Let me know.
DM on WHL
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

fyi, vendrin is moving to reno, and is to busy for alfa, so he is out. I'll take care of his pc as an NPC.
DM on WHL
thinkpig
Orc Champion

Post by thinkpig »

I can be flexible, the Wed night spot works well for me.

Friday nights is HEEGZ Gullykin game, otherwise no games scheduled really.
"So Mom, Dad... about that gold those guys brought me when I was a baby. You remember that GOLD, right?" - Jesus
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

Sorry I didn't make it this week - had a late review session and then two tests the next day (today) which I passed (thankfully). Anyway, I should be able to make next Wednesday's game. See you all then hopefully.

M.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Fridays and saturdays are out for me (regular playing/dming nights atm).
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

Would you guys be able to get together before Wednesdays session? Things have been moving slow and I'm anxious to get into the actual story. Saturday, monday and tuesday night all work for me.

Onto another matter. I'm worried about dropping players. So far I've lost Rump, Darkmystic, and Vendrin. I've put a lot of work into developing this story (and I'm sorry we haven't really gotten into the story, being mired in dungeon crawls), but I don't want to continue if people are just going to drop off. I really like the group we have, PCs and players, and I hope you're interested enough to continue on.

I'm new to DMing on ALFA/NWN2, and there are definitely some growing pains, but I think I have written a good story, with interesting NPCs, factions, and plot-impacting choices. I hope that this learning process hasn't turned anyone off.

One more thing. I don't care if your character dies because s/he was swarmed with zombies, or hit by friendly-fire acid (friendly acid?). I wouldn't hesitate to kill a PC if a PC should be dead, and I believe gimpy deus ex machine rezzes destroy verisimilitude, so, when I revive a PC corpse right in front of you, I have a damn good reason for doing so. If that's too fantastical for you, then this planar setting isn't right for you.

DH
DM on WHL
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Tuesday night could be doable. It is hard to get a lot done in a 2 - 2.5 hour timeslot per week (which is what it effectively is when things start late and people have to log early). Also, there are options to fast forward certain things when it gets late and stuff just bogs down. Feels like we've basically progressed about 30 - 60 minutes IC (not counting resting) in the past 2 weeks... which is fine if those 30 -60 minutes are really critical, but atm it seems like we're just repeating ourselves.

Having said that patience is a virtue in ALFA (usually), and I still hold out hope/belief something interesting is around the corner.

I'm also an advocate of systematic search plans, especially when long duration spells are not a factor... just takes a bit of initial IC planning, then DMs/players roll a bunch of dice, time is handwaved foward, then we move on if nothing of note is found/happens.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

I am still down for this - I am having fun with Faith and all the drama that is starting to crop up. I am also, however, still hampered by my current work schedule, but I will do my best to be around on whatever times y'all decide to play.
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

Because people start dropping after two hours, perhaps we should just have two two-hour sessions a week.

As for pacing, I have it figured out.
DM on WHL
thinkpig
Orc Champion

Post by thinkpig »

hey guys, sorry I wasn't watching this thread.

Loving the game! Unfortunately I will have to miss game tomorrow night to celebrate 1 year with my lady. Sorry about this but I should be able to make other games just fine, and I am able to play sessions just about any night if we want to build some momentum between weekly games.
"So Mom, Dad... about that gold those guys brought me when I was a baby. You remember that GOLD, right?" - Jesus
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

That sucks. I like having your creepily unctuous PC around.

Thanks for letting me know!
DM on WHL
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late notice, but I'm going to be out of game for the next two weeks unfortunately; work's got the better of me I'm afraid. But I shall return!

Two hour sessions do work better for me, I must admit. I got old when I wasn't looking! Playing past midnight is just too hard on the bod when I'm up at 5 the next morning for work.

Cheers all,

Peter
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

Sounds like we are bust for this evening, which is OK because I should really get to bed - picked up a virus last weekend, and as of this morning, its now bronchitis according to the doctor. I need to get to bed. Ciao guys - see you next week. DH, sorry. :(
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

No worries guys.

If any of you want to get together for one on one or two on one, etc. before next session let me know.
DM on WHL