Built-in Quests

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Built-in Quests

Post by Teric neDhalir »

There are three built-in quests on the server for low level characters which I would DM which I think are signposted in huge neon letters, but no-one's made any mention of them to my knowledge. Has anyone seen anything in a convo from an NPC that they didn't understand or have you just ignored it because you have better things to do?
Cheers,
DM Lonelyheart
Rumple C
Bard

Re: Built-in Quests

Post by Rumple C »

not that i am aware. :(

perhaps they need an ooc reminder on the forums that there are quests around.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

I have only found one quest that says "contact a DM for more info."
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

I spent some time helping the cook - seemed pretty straight forward. The 2nd level is creepy ;)

The crafting tasks are a bit weird to me. I can take them with no ranks, but likely cannot succeed. There's no obvious way to return the components, so I ended up dropping them by the bench.

Bard/dummies seem to work well, but it's weird that I cannot swap weapons part way through.
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

oldgrayrogue wrote:I have only found one quest that says "contact a DM for more info."
And did you contact a DM?
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Teric neDhalir wrote:
oldgrayrogue wrote:I have only found one quest that says "contact a DM for more info."
And did you contact a DM?

Sadly, I think that most experienced ALFAns have been conditioned to translate a dialogue of "Contact a DM" to mean "This content is not yet scripted. Move on."

Maybe now that people know that there is actually a plan backing up those dialogues they'll be more likely to actually PM.

Edit: If the dialogue triggerred a journal entry for a quest, that would go a long way to making them feel "real".
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

dergon darkhelm wrote:
Sadly, I think that most experienced ALFAns have been conditioned to translate a dialogue of "Contact a DM" to mean "This content is not yet scripted. Move on."
If you're asked to quote a reference number there's something to go with it, ok?
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Teric neDhalir wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:
If you're asked to quote a reference number there's something to go with it, ok?
I did not Teric, and you are right, but the reason was that I am involved in Adanu's campaign and felt I was getting plenty of attention already =D I was reporting more to say I had only found one such quest in my exploring.
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

Post by Khazar Stoneblood »

My main thing with those is they seem to require scheduling and I'm lucky that I can schedule what I already do with Adanu's sessions. Other then those times I am lucky enough to carve out, my NWN time is pretty much hit or miss. Sometimes life allows me to log on for a couple of hours... sometimes not. But it's not something I can predict very easily.

If I ever know I'm going to be on for an extended period and see a DM on (other then Adanu, who usually has campaign related stuff for our group when he's on), I'll send a tell about it... but I just can't schedule it like it seems to be asking for.
Current PC: I'm not tellin'. They die when I put their names here.