Updates

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Re: Updates

Post by Teric neDhalir »

I've added further barber/tailor NPCs to the mod, but edited the convos so they only edit a subset of appearences. The barber, cobbler and hatter NPCs in Hillsedge now have convos appropriate to their trade and sell a base item which you can edit to your liking.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Four of the large tents in Boareskyr Bridge can now be entered via ATs for whatever it is Dergon wants to do with you in there. The camera is a bit brutal, but you are inside a tent. There are also some benches round the campfires if you need a sit down.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Four of the large tents in Boareskyr Bridge can now be entered via ATs for whatever it is Dergon wants to do with you in there. The camera is a bit brutal, but you are inside a tent. There are also some benches round the campfires if you need a sit down.

You the man, Teric!

I speak it here and it appears in there!

Thanks!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Chat on the DM channel tells me that the lack of potions and other magical goodies is an issue, so I have started to add more stores around the place.
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

Post by Khazar Stoneblood »

Cool.

Mainly it's items of healing I think. It's not a big deal with most stuff... it's fine if you have to go to BG to get that masterwork armor or a cloak of protection or whatever. Those aren't regular purchases and it probably makes sense that towns of a smaller size might not have the biggest inventories.

But healing is more of a "need" thing. While ideally we could all have a cleric or healer to party with every time a group wants to adventure... they're in short supply. Potions and other healing implements make up for the lack of that, but they can be used up fairly quickly. Honestly... just adding poitons of CLW to the inventory of the alchemist already in Soubar might be enough. Or the wise woman/witch who heals livestock at the bridge.
Current PC: I'm not tellin'. They die when I put their names here.
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

I've just made a lot of updates to WHL's blueprints and integrated the campaign folder. If anyone notices any creatures, placeables or items which are missing, mis-priced, bugged or what-have-you, please let me know.

DMs should hopefully find the additional blueprints useful and better organized than how things were (as we can now take advantage of sub-categories). There's still a lot of work left to do though.

Thanks.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

thanks 8)
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Oh, the Thayan Enclave in Soubar now wells CLW and CMW potions.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Hey,
Back on board for all your toolsetting needs...
- Thrashed the server to behave nicely with the new updating system
- Have tweaked the lighting settings in the major exterior areas. Nighttime should be rather more believable now. Not "I can't see my feet" dark, but "gloaming" as the Scots say.
- Fixed the walkmesh so you can go across Boareskyr Bridge in a straight line. This has left the water looking odd, will fix that asap.

Edit: Thrashed the server with lots of help from those more knowledgable :)
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Nice, thanks Teric.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

:wtg:

Thanks ....that bridge has been a pain to cross for awhile
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Added a test/proof of concept caravan that goes from Boareskyr Bridge to Dragonspear Castle. Because of the way it works it's in the travel area, so go out of the Bridge as if heading down the Trade Way and it's on your left. Two things I can't see testing by myself are whether you get a message over the PC currently taking a trip and whether anything strange happens if two people try to use it simultaneously. Please report good/bad. At the moment it's only one way, but at a knockdown price of 1gp.
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Thank you for all the work!
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Glad you're back Teric.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Whoa Neddy!
Horse seller added to Boareskyr Bridge. Have tried going back and forth between normal and travel areas, dismounting and ATing, leaving horse behind and ATing and so on. All seems to be ok. Fabulous job, Tech wizards. Also thanks to Wynna for supplying example files and Curm for pointing out how to get around my toolset not being able to see the files necessary to add the store.
Run like the wind, Bullseye!