Got a Beef?

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Re: Got a Beef?

Post by Teric neDhalir »

oldgrayrogue wrote:The weapon and shield customizer works. HOWEVER, you must have the shield or weapon equipped when you initialize the dialogue with the NPC for the weapon and shield customization options to initialize.
Is that unusual? The whole scripting of the convo is predicated on what's in which inventory slot afaik.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I believe it works this way on BG as well.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

There are two different NPCs for customizing on BG, one is the Tailor and another is a Smith. You have combined these into one NPC Customizer on WHL. So on BG when you talk to the Tailor NPC, the dialogue options to customize armor, cloaks, boots, gloves or hoods pops up and you can customize whatever you have equipped. When you visit the Smith and talk to him, the options for customizing weapons or shields pops up and you can customize whatever you have equipped.

On WHL this is done with one NPC customizer. Because one usually has armor and other clothing equipped when visiting the NPC, the options for clothing customization open up. However, because one does not usually have a weapon or shield equipped when talking with an NPC indoors, the options for weapon and shield customization do not open UNLESS you first equip those items before talking to the NPC. The difference is that on BG I believe you can open up the options by talking to the NPC and THEN equip, while on WHL you have to have the item you want to customize equipped for the customization options/UI for that item to open up. So on WHL if you do not know this OOC, you would never know that the customizer NPC includes the option to customize weapons and shields.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

who knew? also, i can summon in the other three customizer NPCs on WHL if someone wants. i don't believe they are placed anywhere at the moment. i generally leave them in the general store in Soubar, but they get deleted on server reset. i don't believe the DM team had reached any sort of consensus on whether/where to include them.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

The customizer works just fine once you have items equipped -- I posted so DMs and players would know how to access customization on not keep posting it in this forum =D
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

Post by Khazar Stoneblood »

Kipling has been bugging Mags at the Winding Way for months to improve her selection of cheeses. He's even hinted to Jafe Croster that he should be supplying the WW with some well aged selections.

*ooc* Can we get some food purchasing choices at the Winding Way and other locales? Maybe some pipeweed too? I know it's not really of huge use... but I like having useless stuff like that to purchase. Kipling has habits you know, and running off to Baldur's Gate to get a tobacco supply is making him grumpy.
Current PC: I'm not tellin'. They die when I put their names here.
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

Small thing... either the armor and weapon crafter in Hills Edge are busted or my toon sucks at crafting (8 points in both).

I have tried multiple times to craft for them both and failed all but once...

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Julies Caesar, Act II, William Shakespeare
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

StephenUmpf wrote:Small thing... either the armor and weapon crafter in Hills Edge are busted or my toon sucks at crafting (8 points in both).

I have tried multiple times to craft for them both and failed all but once...
That you have succeeded once suggests that it's not broken, and I have tested it successfully when it went into the mod. The DC for success is relatively high to match other crafting/spellcraft statics on the mod, I can only guess that you've had a string of sucky rolls. If you have 8 points in the crafting skills and some bonuses for feats or whatever you ought to be successful about 50% or the time. I will turn on skill reporting to the chat window for the crafting quests, let me know if you're succeeding in the skill roll but not getting any reward.
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

And the answer to the riddle... the statics point to the wrong crafting skill. My toon gets a plus 8 when I roll, but the static gives him a plus 2.

Must be something in the wording between the crafting (afla's name and nwn2 name).

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Julies Caesar, Act II, William Shakespeare
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

StephenUmpf wrote: Must be something in the wording between the crafting (afla's name and nwn2 name).
Yes, that looks like it's right. Skill names look like they have changed from SKILL_CRAFT_ARMOR to SKILL_CRAFT_ARMORSMITHING. Who knew? I've updated the crafting scripts, please let me know if they're now giving the expected result.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

I don't know if this is server, tech, or bic related, but me and at least one player (Kal/lokan) is having movement issues and cannot pick things up.

keyboard is fine, but trying to left click move our characters takes them an inch, then the action just 'cancels'.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Adanu wrote:I don't know if this is server, tech, or bic related, but me and at least one player (Kal/lokan) is having movement issues and cannot pick things up.

keyboard is fine, but trying to left click move our characters takes them an inch, then the action just 'cancels'.
Applied the fix from tech and I'm moving smoothly and can pick things up. Please confirm.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

I can confirm I'm fixed. Can't speak for Kal.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Aglaril fixed.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

Post by Khazar Stoneblood »

Would it be possible for one of the three NPC's who can case cure minor/cure light wounds at the bridge to be able to cast cure disease or sell something that cures disease? Or if not there then a PC in Soubar?

*signed* -A diseased and heavily encumbered halfling.
Current PC: I'm not tellin'. They die when I put their names here.