**IN SEARCH OF THE PAST**THE SEEKERS

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Arianna
Tech Admin

**IN SEARCH OF THE PAST**THE SEEKERS

Post by Arianna »

**Written is a precise delicate hand*

My Queen, the team has been assembled for your project. I regret to inform you that it seems the dwarves have declined to send a representative at this time as well as the Llewyrr. Nor have we heard any reply from the Northmen. Queen Amlaruil however, has sent two elves from her courts. Saevel Nierdre a wizard of Evermeet and Deladia Dessa a ranger from the High Forests. Lowhill has sent Terry Fastfoot one of their more adventuresome guardsmen. Also to my amazement, the Renshi have sent a cleric to be included ,a Bryc Bludgeonthumb. As you requested, Newander has sent one of his young druids, a Marius Lobhain. I hope their enthusiasm is equal to their skills for the task at hand. I will inform you if anyone else shows up in the next few days.

Corwell has graciously provided an old boarding house for our headquarters here on Gwynneth. I will send along the accounts for supplies as I get them.
I think I have a suitable lead on where to send this team to seek out our first possible relics. I will send the details once I have them all worked out. With any luck and the Mother's will we will be needing that museum you spoke of building.

in Service
Ashara
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Re: **IN SEARCH OF THE PAST**

Post by Magile »

What the individuals involved in this campaign are aware of as a group is as follows (11/02/2020):
  • Ashara is our liaison to and from the Queen
  • The mixed group of would-be historians have been given a base of operations on Gwynneth, in Corwell
  • The dwarves did not send a representative to aid in the Queen's mission
  • We are looking for pieces of history/objects with historic relevance to the Moonshae Isles, an issue that has occurred due to the illiteracy and oral traditions of the Ffolk.
  • Ballads and legends are being handled by the bards at Snowdown
  • Currently, two locations have been suggested: the outskirts of the Castle of Skulls and the ruins of Darkhorn Castle
  • It has been speculated that treants in druidic groves may have some insight worth investigating
Nothing else of significance has been given as a group. Any character-specific information that might be illuminating is likely to come later.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

The would-be archaeologists were directed toward the outskirts of the Castle of Skulls (11/09/2020):
  • Toward the north shore along the outer walls of Cantrev Dynnatt was a trail through a forest that led to the location
  • A loosened stone revealed a person-made hole with a ladder, allowing for entrance into an underground passage.
  • The underground ruin was flooded with water, ruining anything that may be of historical relevance. There were also undead lurking below.
  • A door led to a hallway that was sandbagged to prevent the flood from continuing. This allowed for actual searching of historical relics, which allowed the group to find four things:
    • A journal detailing the last known events that unfolded within the Castle of Skulls that led to the massacre among all occupants
    • An ornate goblet last used by the journalist in question, whose body was left lying on a bearskin rug to be assumed dead via starvation
    • A ballad written about the many victories over the northern men, detailing how they bodies of the dead were fed to pigs to be cleaned down to the bone, inevitably being used to cement the walls of the Castle of Skulls
    • A half-finished banner, decorated with some skulls, that used a black bear as its main heraldry
  • Vermin of the mammalian and the insect-variety seemed to find roots within these ruins.
  • The group departed with some areas left unchecked; however, the likelihood of returning is high after speaking with Ashara.
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Once more, into the breach of the Castle of Skulls (11/16/2020):
  • Returning to the doorway that had not been entered, the group encountered two ghosts of opposing factions endlessly fighting one another. Only did the disturbing of a chest cause the ghosts to notice and become hostile to the trespassers.
  • The person-made tunnels leading around the outskirts of the underground ruin eventually led to an even deeper walkway.
    • Here, a dwarven burial chamber was found with the name "Clan Silvertome" engraved inside.
    • Restless dwarven undead swarmed the doorway as the group entered.
    • An old map of Gwynneth was also discovered in the ransacked burial chambers.
  • A bottle of wine, year 280, was found up above near a storage room. It is labeled to be made by Cathay's Vintners.
  • Having deemed that the ruins have been unearthed as best as this group could manage, they departed and returned to their lodging.
After speaking with Ashara, the group came to some realizations:
  • Ashara's "Legend Lore" casting on a wayward skull from an altar suggests dark, old magic still lives on.
  • There are mentions of a Hag from a journal entry, further suggesting what may have caused some of the issues.
  • The uncovered map shows areas of land that are no longer above sea-level.
(( The gang gains enough experience to all reach level two! Yay! ))
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

This week, the gang (minus Bryc) ventured to Highhome (11/23/2020):
  • The runes found in Clan Silvertome's burial tomb were properly processed and needed to be translated.
    • Loremaster Krumthrun, a dwarf of known repute, resided in Highhome
    • There is also a grove near Highhome where knowledge may lie, whether with the circle of the local treant.
  • The airship was taken to Highhome where the group bungled about for a bit.
  • Eventually, the group came across Dimsora, the owner of a pottery booth who was the daughter of Loremaster Krumthrum.
    • After some rough introductions and revealing the runes, Dimsora agreed to let them waste her sire's time
  • While Saevel was hesitant to tip their hand, Marius saw the Loremaster as one willing to have all their information on where they found the runes.
    • Loremaster Krumthrun said the runes were quite old and that it would take some time to decipher.
    • Loremaster Krumthrun has never heard of Clan Silvertome.
  • The group decided to spend the evening at the inn before taking on the grove in the morning
Last edited by Magile on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

The gang was all here this week while we focused on Highhome some more (11/30/2020):
  • Loremaster Krumthrun's translation of the old runes were completed. The list had the following names, all of which Krumthrun did not know:
    • Thori Silvertome
    • Khari Silvertome
    • Dulren Silvertome
    • Kunarv Earthborn
    • Kharbek Earthborn
    • Raggrim Earthborn
    • Udlax Birchstone
    • Lyesdeth
  • The nearby Grove is home to one of the Moonpools, also known as Mother's Eyes.
  • Mellowthorn, the local Elder Treant, was asked some questions.
    • It was determined that the treant would not know much outside of what he was told.
    • The treant had been raised by many of the dwarves and gnomes that originated there.
    • When asked about the oldest story he remembers, he told of one when he was a sapling (whose rendition by Marius will be after all the notes)
    • The treant was then asked if he recognized any of the names from the burial tombs.
      • Mellowthorn had recognized the clan name Earthborn, stating that the sole surviving member (should they still live) is near the Citadel of Highhome -- and their name was Melkior.
      • Melkior may have also grown Mellowthorn
    • Mellowthorn is roughly two hundred years old, and has mentioned that The Beast has returned twice during his life time.
The Story of History wrote: In the beginning, there was only the Earthmother; however, She was very lonely.
She chose to use the Light, thus She created the Llewyrr (elves).
She then chose to build from the Earth, thus She brought forth the dwarves and the Renshi (gnomes).
From the waters, She chose to create Her own Leviathan.
The Land, plentiful with life, is where She built The Pack.
And deep within the Forest, She beckoned the great Unicorn to come out.
Much later, the others came to the Isles. Men from the North and hin from the East, all strangers to the lands, all heard Her call.
All accepted the simple life and chose to seek no more than needed.

... but soon, The Beast came...

Dwarves and elves fought side by side against the Great Evil, coming together to forge a sword of great power.
This sword was given to the Men, to be wielded by one with royal blood coursing through their veins.
With the blade in hand, The Beast was defeated -- and for a time, the Isles knew peace once more.
The Earthmother spread Her blessings wide across the Isles.
She sought to protect Her lands from the outside - to prevent those who would seek to harm Her children from entering.
Her influence was strong enough that no other power dared to sway Her children -- and for a time, the Isles knew only Jannath.

The alliances forged in the fires of conflict were eventually forgotten among future generations.
The Llewyrr retreated to the small corners of the Isles.
The dwarves returned to their places within the ground.
All Her children eventually forgot.

- the fallen words of Mellowthorn, as told by Marius Lobhdain
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

*written in a precise delicate hand*

My Queen, there has been much turn around in the Seekers. Marius has been drawn off to a Moonpool by the Goddess it seems. Both Bryc and Terry have returned home to take care of family business it seems. In their place we have gained Tessele Willowbrook a lovely young druidess from the Isle of Moray. Aelric Hildebrand from the Broadleaf Bardic College on Moray, a rather spoiled young man, will see how long he lasts. Amazingly the Dwarves of High Home have finally sent a representative, Ovald , perhaps in response to our recent inquiries there. I pray these will find the answers you seek.

I am sending to you a item acquired by the Seekers from a Dwarf by the name of Melikior Earthborn, evidently a ancient dwarf from a defunct clan that once populated the southern shores of Gywennth some centuries ago. A Runestone much like what the Sword of Cymrch Hugh once had imbedded in its hilt. The dwarf claims that his clan once helped create the original sword. Also included are the translations from the rubbings previously taken from the dwarven tomb site near the Castle of Skulls.

In Service
Ashara
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin