Information To Be Shared

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Information To Be Shared

Post by gonz.0 »

Information compiled by Halmerrye about Skullport.
Halmerrye's report on Skullport
Access - the most common entry is via a series of Winches and magical locks that ships must go through. These are activated by various mages belonging to the the Keeper Enclave. There are other entries from Waterdeep, Underdark and various other places as well. [She knows they exist but not where they lie]

Several disembodied skulls keep the peace, such as it is- as long as you do not disturb trade or upset the balance of profit in the city they ignore you but if you do then their justice is swift and unforgiving. Minor offenses will land you in the prison or slave pens or if your really lucky some odd task, major offenses are an unpleasant and painful death. [ A minor offense landed her in the slave pens in the first place]

Skullport has several Districts? Areas?
Skull Isle- Here are located the School of Obediance & the Slave Pens, The Auction House were large lots of slaves are traded, the Tower of Seven Woes HQ of the Iron Ring, the Prison, Various administrative Buildings and Guard barracks and The Keepers Enclave, where the mages that operate the locks and levy the taxes for transportation stay. Here also are the two main bays where ships dock to unload their cargos The Maw and the Parley pool.
The Port- Slavers Market is a large open area where individuals are sold. Various Shops and taverns abound, Warehouses and other sundry places.
The Trade Lanes - this area is a wide street with various businesses
The Heart - is where the wealthy merchants and other such reside primarily
also the Night market is found here

If you need lodgings the Burning Troll is your best option the proprietors are a decent lot and its cleaner than most, though prices are high.

Denizens - you will find all manner of creatures walking the streets here from undead used to do menial tasks to Ogres, Gnolls, drow, thayans, duegar, slaves and everything in between. Do not pick fights with these no matter how they upset you as such disturbances are sure to bring the attention of the Skulls.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

A report from Tarl of Brannoch, island of Snowdown:

There have been more disappearances, three in one night of note. Tavern workers Megan and Cierra, and a young orphan boy named Matthew. Taken from the town not the wilds, of Brannoch.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Ithildur wrote: lvl 3/crypt chamber level:
https://i.imgur.com/lk3Ar1a.jpg

The ?? leads to Skullport I believe, with some other portals available. We should properly map this.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Updates, no in order, as I think of them.

The drow slave Aich bought at auction, Jevrak, has been freed with sufficient coin to survive. No, H is not certain of where he is, do not ask. All H knows for certain, is that he has a great disdain for the spider queen. He offered the dark elf a token coin of Tymora for luck, but as the former slave is not a believer, H doubts he will live out the month. The chance was taken however and nothing is gained without risk.

The slave dancer named Kala whom H purchased from Shatterblades has been taken to Ruqel. There she is given shelter and safety to learn how to be a free woman without anyone to prey upon her. It was the only place that Horatio felt comfortable taking a woman who had never been anything but a slave, knowing that she will be safe to learn and grow there. Unlike Shamil, whom he arranged to be taken to Evermeet for similar safety and environment, Kala was human and would not be welcomed in the elven land.

For those who were not present for the events, a number (10 I think) of captives were freed from Sordil's stronghold in Skullport. It was information received from Jevrak that gives warning. Some of us were identified, and through that the others suspected. Sordil has placed bounties, Skullport is far from safe for anyone involved with our group. Remember that Sordil is linked closely with the Iron Ring, and as such, the danger reaches as far as they do. Be on guard.

Arizma has for her own personal reasons not revealed, stepped away from this quest and gone into hiding, as has Layali. They will be missed as both were valuable for their insights and strengths. The stones Arizma carried were to be transferred to Isabelladonna, and Tobias. Further, a stone is to be separated out for Camelia as well.

Lastly, Horatio is remodeling an old estate outside of the city. Many of the slaves freed are being offered positions there to restart their lives. Since it is likely that Aich would be captured or killed if attempting to attend another Iron Ring auction, it is safe to assume that identity is burned with them. So Horatio is folding up what slave halfway house in Westphal, but it is being maintained for a while as a safehouse should it be needed still. They are just aware that they are not expecting more freed slaves. If anyone of the group wishes to take up residence in the estate, let Horatio know. Space will be made for any who do wish it.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Tonight is going to be very light, I'll probably be the only one on. The last several weeks has seen only a couple of days go by in game time. That's alright though, because the end of the quest is in sight.

Ari will be running a game this coming Saturday 7-28-18, and it may prove to be if not THE climax, one of the most important climaxes of the nearly 3 year long quest. We have cleared every room of the Temple as of the last adventure, and found a portal to Drachenshore. We explored and discovered this is the stronghold of the purple sail raiders, and this is our chance to save the many survivors of the raids of the villages. I would love to share this raid with a larger party than just three...

So I ask, if you have been involved at all, and have any interest in seeing the Stones collected and destroyed, the slaves freed, the raiders punished, and the Isles set back to a state of peaceful life, that you try to make time to come to the games 7-28 and the following week. Even if you have not been able to be around for everything, (I wasn't) or were only around for an episode or two of the adventures.. come to see it concluded.

You do not have to be high level, lower level players acting smartly by range firing and magical support will be very helpful.

What is more, I do not know if we will have time to perform the final ritual this week (28th), I expect this to be next weeks game. So even if you can't come help rescue the maidens fair and slay the drow and orc pirates, come help us complete the ritual that will end the cult's dreams of reviving a dead power (a god named Myrkul, not to be confused with a geeky kid with glasses, high rise shorts and colorful suspenders.)
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

Balkr will be there this week. August 4th he will not.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

UPDATES:

Epetrow aka Balkr was able to join with us and we had a hell of a hard fight getting in, and managed to raise enough noise fighting a Bronze golem that they were able to raise an alarm. Despite this, a dozen prisoners are on their way to safety, but in two weeks time (August 12th, 2018) we will be reconvening to attempt to free more. The hard fighting and slow moving because of our small group of four (Zova, Lua, Balkr and Horatio) needed to be very cautious because if we had moved too fast we would have been easily overrun.

Due to player work schedules we have to move to every two weeks. As it stands now, August 11th, and 25th are the August games. Zova is our big hitter, and Lua is a package deal so we can't go on any raids without them unless we get a lot more help. (Section Edited, to correct the dates to Saturday Night, Not Sunday morning. Our dates are listed as of Gm's time zone.)

Where we left our heroes is a relatively safe room in the Temple of Isis, due to return to the island of Drachenshore and await what may be as many as 4 guards dedicated to the slaves that we need to take down quietly as possible. We also have to get outside (we know the door, it's clear) and make it to the other slave quarters and try to get those slaves free. To get to the heart of the matter, we need to get to the keep yet. I think that's what is blocked behind the wall of electric energy we found, but we should be able to get to it from outside. Only downside is that puts us on an open area where ranged weapons may rain on us. So we have to be careful.

Don't that sound fun? Raid the Castle, save the villagers, destroy the pirate raiders outpost and get on the list of people very powerful enemies want dead?

Come on, join us.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Due to situations beyond our control, the last game had to be canceled.

Please respond to this post with availability for Saturday games in September.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

gonz.0 wrote:Due to situations beyond our control, the last game had to be canceled.

Please respond to this post with availability for Saturday games in September.
I made some notes on Ari's posting quoted below about when she is available. I am available the 22nd and 29th if we can get a game it that would be grand.
Arianna wrote:SEPTEMBER DMING SCHEDULE

TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND PLAYER/DM AVAILABLITY
CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR EDITS TO SCHEDULE TIMES

MS GAME HIGHER LEVELS - THEY ARE FINISHING UP THEIR CAMPAIGN
BG GAME LOWER LEVELS <6

SAT 9/1 MS GAME 7PM PDT ? AK UNAVAILABLE,
SUN 9/2 BG GAME 8PM PDT [ I HAVE PnP GAME]

SAT 9/8 MS GAME 7PM PDT > NO Gonz.0 / Scouts campout-fishing derby
SUN 9/9 BG GAME 7PM PDT

SAT 9/15 MS GAME 7PM PDT > NO Gonz.0 / Scouts campout-Canoing the Potomac
SUN 9/16 BG GAME 7PM PDT > Unlikely Gonz.0 / Scouts campout-Canoing the Potomac

SAT 9/22 MS GAME 7PM PDT
SUN 9/23 BG GAME 8PM PDT [ I HAVE PnP GAME]

SAT 9/29 MS GAME 7PM PDT
SUN 9/30 BG GAME 7PM PDT
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

Added my availability to Gonz's quote of Arianna's post:
Arianna wrote:SEPTEMBER DMING SCHEDULE

TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND PLAYER/DM AVAILABLITY
CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR EDITS TO SCHEDULE TIMES

MS GAME HIGHER LEVELS - THEY ARE FINISHING UP THEIR CAMPAIGN
BG GAME LOWER LEVELS <6

SAT 9/1 MS GAME 7PM PDT ? AK UNAVAILABLE,
SUN 9/2 BG GAME 8PM PDT [ I HAVE PnP GAME]

SAT 9/8 MS GAME 7PM PDT > NO Gonz.0 / Scouts campout-fishing derby
SUN 9/9 BG GAME 7PM PDT

SAT 9/15 MS GAME 7PM PDT > NO Gonz.0 / Scouts campout-Canoing the Potomac > epetrow available
SUN 9/16 BG GAME 7PM PDT > Unlikely Gonz.0 / Scouts campout-Canoing the Potomac

SAT 9/22 MS GAME 7PM PDT > epetrow available
SUN 9/23 BG GAME 8PM PDT [ I HAVE PnP GAME]

SAT 9/29 MS GAME 7PM PDT > No epetrow - Parents weekend at son's college
SUN 9/30 BG GAME 7PM PDT
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

UPDATE: Due to inclement weather (Hurricane) the scouts camping trip this weekend has been canceled.
Gonz.0 will be available 15th & 16th.

Trip postponed two weeks. So my availability for the 29th, 30th just disappeared.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Sorry this took so long
LOOT FROM THE Drachenshore raid

10k in trade bars / coin
Bremen's Light [+3 Rapier with dim light]
Ring of Stone [stoneskin 1/day]
Ring of Spells [ 1 lvl 1 , 1LV 2] wiz only