Information To Be Shared

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: Information To Be Shared

Post by Ithildur »

I'm all for asking Balkr questions, if he can be found or his player contacted.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

Ithildur wrote:I'm all for asking Balkr questions, if he can be found or his player contacted.
Bah! Both player and character are totally unreliable. ;)
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Rules
1. This is not a rumour thread. This is for information that we have gathered in-game or out of game, specifically from the plot itself and our DM, Arianna.
2. If you have multiple information, try to spread it out in the same post - we do not need the same person posting four times in a row for four separate stories. We have an edit button for a reason.
3. Try to keep information clear. A lot of our bumbling in past DM sessions is due to mixing up information or explaining it wrong. While this is to become IC information and known IC originally, we need to make sure people actually understand it.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

The 9th stone was recovered Saturday. Efforts to obtain more crystal boxes have not been successful however until this week, so the 9th stone had to be doubled up. Aglaril has 2 stones in his box.

He also now has a empty box that can hold the next stone, obtained from the gnome magic shop in High Home (home of the native dwarves and gnomes of MS) for the princely sum of 500gp. He was told that more boxes can be made, but they are 'available when they are available' ostensibly due to the amounts of crystals required being uncommon. The boxes are made in Lantan and brought via a portal to High Home.

There doesn't seem to be any drawbacks to storing 2 or 3 stones in one box so far (or else I think Zova or Layali would've noticed) - though when it comes time to opening the box it's going to be a different story. It'll be much more dangerous (as was evident Saturday; 2 stones being exposed at the same time was twice as intense and required 2x saving throws, etc).

Total stones found: 9
Total boxes: 7
Aglaril: 2 stones, 2 boxes (one empty)
Arizma: 2 stones, 2 boxes
Horatio: 1 stone, 1 box
Layali: 1 stone, 1 box
Zova: 3 stones, 1 box

Might be a good idea for someone besides Aglaril to check in on the Mage Guild in Calidyrr for more boxes.

Might be worth checking to see if the Elven ruins in Alaron might have enough crystals to provide enough material for one box, or reduce the cost of having one made.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Note left at the hall -
To all,

The body of Raddo was recovered, fell to a spider many times his size. The little fellow may have fallen into our company quite by accident, but he stood with us at the Moonwell, he stood his ground when others would have fled. He was a brave fellow, to say the best of him. I have left the remains at the moonwell in Corwell, as by the markings of his gear, he seemed to be doing some work for them in the area and gaining some respect. I thought that perhaps they would be better serving to see to his final rest.

It occurred to me also, that while I would not go so far as to attempt to raise his spirit from the beyond to inhabit his body again, to request the druid there to attempt to ascertain if little Raddo would wish to be be returned to complete his unfinished business. I also left word with them, that should this be the case, I would find the funds to pay for the reincarnation of the halfling into a new body.

-- H --
((OOC - for the DM & the Player of Raddo, H will pay for reincarnation if he should wish it. If not, H will pay for the burial rites, requesting that it not be done in Lowhill, as word reached H's ears that Raddo didn't like the place much. ))
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

gonz.0 wrote:Note left at the hall -
To all,

The body of Raddo was recovered, fell to a spider many times his size. The little fellow may have fallen into our company quite by accident, but he stood with us at the Moonwell, he stood his ground when others would have fled. He was a brave fellow, to say the best of him. I have left the remains at the moonwell in Corwell, as by the markings of his gear, he seemed to be doing some work for them in the area and gaining some respect. I thought that perhaps they would be better serving to see to his final rest.

It occurred to me also, that while I would not go so far as to attempt to raise his spirit from the beyond to inhabit his body again, to request the druid there to attempt to ascertain if little Raddo would wish to be be returned to complete his unfinished business. I also left word with them, that should this be the case, I would find the funds to pay for the reincarnation of the halfling into a new body.

-- H --
((OOC - for the DM & the Player of Raddo, H will pay for reincarnation if he should wish it. If not, H will pay for the burial rites, requesting that it not be done in Lowhill, as word reached H's ears that Raddo didn't like the place much. ))
H has recently spent some time cleansing a Moonwell with an initiate of the Earthmother who could be convinced to cast Reincarnation if H will pay for the
materials.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

[snipped]
Last edited by Magile on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

for those that have or will see Toby in his new form

* Toby appears as young Halforc barely into adulthood, no scars, no blemishes, and no sign of his previous . . corruption. He seems quite healthy and hale and a bit stronger than the original model. He is about 6'6' and quite broad in the shoulders*
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Very very rough approximation of level 2 of the ruined temple of Isis, based on notes and my memory of the past 2 sessions (feel free to point out necessary corrections if something is off):

https://i.imgur.com/947ZvTC.jpg

lvl 3/crypt chamber level:
https://i.imgur.com/lk3Ar1a.jpg

gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

While the Half Orc newborn Toby slept, H had some long discussions with the druid.

H had previously ask the druid Ily'thyrra to confer with the other druids of the isle, and verify that no other tended moonwell had gone out of communication, and that the druids were not attempting to contain any other stones. This was done, and there are no leads there, no troubles they can point to.

The druid Ily'thyrra is old enough to have traveled to MacSheean while it was still a thriving cantrev. In 1345 it was destroyed as a result of the beast rising up to attack the city of Corwell and the grove there, striking a blow at the Earth Mother. She saw it before then, and the 'foreigner's temple' that had been built, with priests attempting to convert the villagers to their belief. It was her belief, that the stones were taken from their altar positions in the temple, so that they would not fall into the hands of the beast.

Research that H had done in previous adventures had suggested that the beast was a thing of one of the foreign gods, though did not reveal which, some evidence of Malar, other pointed to Bhaal. H's positions is that "It would make sense that if these clerics were holding a thing tied to the essence of Myrkul, something he was seeding against possibility of being killed himself, they would wish to keep it from the hands of a minion of another power."

According to texts about the dead three, Myrkul, Bane and Bhaal were treacherous and could not trust even each other. Considering the plan revealed in the 'time of troubles' the three were planning to go against the other gods to gain more power. This seeding of his essence seems a good precaution against his demise. Books concerning the 'Dead Three' are available in H's library if questions arise.

Discovering that Ily'thyrra had such experience and wisdom, H asked for her to help validate the 'ritual recipe' that was discovered at MacSheean, that was to be a key to destroying the stones of discord. She said she would try, and also offered to assist in interpreting the stanzas as there were points that are not yet understood. H asked for these both due to the worry that the page was left as a trap, so that it would cause us to destroy what was needed and not complete the task. Confirmation will need the original I think.

Points Ily'thyrra had:

1) "blood of a hero and a dragon protector," - Two distinct individuals.
While she could give no advice on who the hero or dragon protector would be, but did give a suggestion of someone that might be able to give us more guidance.

2) Caesin - An elf who is not a druid, but taken interest in protecting Myrloch Vale, and the moonwells within. He may be found sometimes near the Shee Pool - He may be one who can help us with part of this ritual, or have some insight. The druid seemed to think it was important we seek him out.

3) The druid believes that Essence and life force are the same thing.

4) Bound willing by mother's Maid - The druid believes this is one who cared for, was trusted by the child. Horatio's suggestion that it should be the druid, was scoffed away. Since Lily left us, does this leave only Zova to bind the child for the ritual?

5) The druid believed that the blood collected would need to be enough cover the stones.

6) with silken cord is all encased - The stones will each need to be in their own plate, on their altar as they were once before. The child will need to be bound and put in place upon the altar where a sacrifice would be placed. The entirety will need to be encased in webs. There is two options, someone transforms into a spider and does the duty, or someone uses the web spell.

7) The druid had a question - "has one of these stones been unboxed with in this temple space ?" - It hit me that we did not do that for fear that the enemy would gain in some way. But, the druid pointed out, the stones were created there, and their effects did not plague the village, or the land about it. Perhaps there is some form of shielding built into the walls of the temple itself, and should be discussed at very least.

The druid will be doing additional research. I will expand this later.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Horatio tracked down Caesin.

1 ) Caesin saw the ritual as a simple thing to understand, not puzzle like the rest of us. He called it 'straight forward'

2 ) Caesin was not pleased with the need or introduction of 'fiends progeny', but accepted explanation that she is a goodly sort.

3 ) Caesin thought it was interesting that such a thing would be written originally in Common speach.

4 ) blood of a hero, he seemed to believe was a generic thing, and might be something that one or all of the heros involved might contribute to.

5 ) Caesin said that he understood the 'dragon protector' part, and would, if we contact him when we are ready to perform the ritual, see to it that portion was provided for aptly.

6 ) Caesin confirmed much of what we already knew about the rest of the poem up to the last quatrane

7 ) 'The elder grace' is aparently an ancient netherese expression for 'a son forgiven'. "then it would read Then Forgiven Son to cut the cords"... Caesin

8 ) Caesin believed the ritual called for a bit of a planer shift to 'cut the cords', as if they might be only cut on the shadow plane. "By shadows dance and eldritch sword . . . does sound very much like one must touch the shadow plane to cut the cords that bind the power . . sort of like a explosive ball"

9 ) "I belive this allows anyone or everyone . . Willing to offer a small portion of their life force to strengthen the power of the catalyst to be able to break the power of these stones . . . "
"the life force will be transfered to the devine form and some obvious sign will appear" direct quotes from Caesin.

10 ) Caesin suggests that the last two lines; will mean that a druid will be needed to summon/call lightning.
Call the storm with divine force
to sunder discord at its source.
EDITED: Update: not on the Caesin investigation, it is something H didn't realize was important enough to discuss while we were rushing off to track the pirates to Skaug.

However, this is something that is important that all should know however; H has been back to MacSheean a few times, ok, probably a half dozen times or more since the last of the Curst was released. He was paying attention about the redlight / whitelight thing until he was 'convinced' by Aglaril's statement of Mage's council selling other crystal box and Raddo's statements about other adventurers active on a job of importance for the islands.

1) There are NO lights.

All of the glowing points of light, including the eyes of the skulls in temple, are all out.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

“I might have found something important. Anyone hear of the crown of horns?”

... “well I might have found it’s last known user and the supposed location he died. It’s somewhere in skullport. I’ll give more details as soon as I can. I don’t know if this is of use to any of you.”

Ps keep it away from Toby.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

gonz.0 wrote: 1) There are NO lights.

All of the glowing points of light, including the eyes of the skulls in temple, are all out.
Clarification the skulls eyes still glow but there are no other lights present
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

I was informed by Ari-in mail about the information gathered from the slaves.
Sharing it all.
Price you paid for them is in ( )

1- Elven Female (1000) - "Shamil" - stolen as a child in a ship attack years ago - sold several times has 3 brands on her. One of the Brands is thayan mark- 55yrs? - you were sending to the elves

2- Human female (1000)- 16yr old - "Brianna Dartmill"- Recently taken from the streets of waterdeep. Parents are well to do merchants. - Home

3- Human male - Sailor1 (500)- "Silas" - served 3 years on the Maidens Prow - Sunk by pirates in a run out of Lusken, taken and sold into slavery. 2 months ago - would stay for now

4- Human male - Blacksmith(700) - " Tom " - - - worked in Farview and was taken only a few months ago in a raid- would stay

5- Human Male - Farmer age 22(500) "Tarl "- From Snowdown, found himself on a slave ship after having too much to drink one night in Brannoch - home

6- Half Elven - Female- "Mandenele" 16yr old (1000)- From Velen on the sword coast -Home

7- Human Female - "Helga"(900)(soldier) - Taken from Skein /Oman several months ago in a raid- soldier - would stay

8 -Human Female - Blonde(800) -" Ingrid''', northwoman - Taken from Sordil in Norland - can work leather/cook- would stay

9 - Human Male - age 18, Sailor2, 1yr, Northman (600)- "Ragnof"- originally from Olafstadd, boat was captured and he was taken prisoner 5 months ago -Home

10 - Half-elf[drow] female- Halmerrye (3000)- Sorceress [delivered bound and gagged as per instructions] - taken in Skullport - 2 brands - will stay for now

11 - Human Female Child 12yrs- "Anni" (700)- South of Dorset[Alaron], was first taken to an island and worked in the fields but taken to that sale after her mother died- orphanage?

12 - Human male child - Twin 1 7yrs - "Goran"(500) doesn't know - father was fisherman -orphanage?

13 - Human Male child - Twin 2 7yrs- "Garius"(600)doesn't know - father was fisherman -orphanage?

14- Human Female - Tongue cut out -can cook - age 20 (800) "Valia"[from Skullport] -- would stay

15 - Human Male - miner - (600) - "Kander" From Luskan was thrown in jail after a bar fight and ended up sold as a slave - Home

16- Human female - "Gretchen"(2500) - pregnant, Taken from Trondelheim in a raid several months ago [she does not know who the father is of the child she carries] was well used - might stay but is pregnant

9 female - 7 male = 16 total
All the slaves have at least one small brand on them a few have more

Previous purchase Sasha - working now at the Griffons Rest
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

1- Elven Female (1000) - "Shamil" - stolen as a child in a ship attack years ago - sold several times has 3 brands on her. One of the Brands is thayan mark- 55yrs? - you were sending to the elves
Action: Taking to see the Elves of Rillifane's run, in attempt to use their connection to the Evermeet government to get her taken and sheltered by the Sun Elves there. Likely using recent ambassador as contact point.
2- Human female (1000)- 16yr old - "Brianna Dartmill"- Recently taken from the streets of waterdeep. Parents are well to do merchants. - Home
Action: With group traveling to Kingsbay, then Caer Callidyrr. Then splits off, Subgroup:Brianna Dartmill of Waterdeep, Mandenele of Velen, and Kander of Luskan. Subgroup is to travel to Waterdeep, deliver Brianna, accept any reward for service and then carry on to Velen in Tethyr to return Mandenele. At which point, Kander's indenture will be complete and the miner Kander can choose his own fortune. It is assumed that he will keep any reward from the girl's parents; or send reward to the safe house for efforts there.
3- Human male - Sailor1 (500)- "Silas" - served 3 years on the Maidens Prow - Sunk by pirates in a run out of Lusken, taken and sold into slavery. 2 months ago - would stay for now
Action:
Status: Remaining in Snowdown at the safehouse, helping to set up for future groups.
4- Human male - Blacksmith(700) - " Tom " - - - worked in Farview and was taken only a few months ago in a raid- would stay
Action:
Status: Remaining in Snowdown at the safehouse, helping to set up for future groups.
5- Human Male - Farmer age 22(500) "Tarl "- From Snowdown, found himself on a slave ship after having too much to drink one night in Brannoch - home
Action: Released to his farm in Brannoch, Snowdown with funds and instruction to report back every so often and report information of concern as soon as possible. Invited to return to find work should his farm be lost to him.
6- Half Elven - Female- "Mandenele" 16yr old (1000)- From Velen on the sword coast -Home
Action: With group traveling to Kingsbay, then Caer Callidyrr. Then splits off, Subgroup:Brianna Dartmill of Waterdeep, Mandenele of Velen, and Kander of Luskan. Subgroup is to travel to Waterdeep, deliver Brianna, accept any reward for service and then carry on to Velen in Tethyr to return Mandenele. At which point, Kander's indenture will be complete and the miner Kander can choose his own fortune. It is assumed that he will keep any reward from the girl's parents; or send reward to the safe house for efforts there.
7- Human Female - "Helga"(900)(soldier) - Taken from Skein /Oman several months ago in a raid- soldier - would stay
Action:
8 -Human Female - Blonde(800) -" Ingrid''', northwoman - Taken from Sordil in Norland - can work leather/cook- would stay
Action:
9 - Human Male - age 18, Sailor2, 1yr, Northman (600)- "Ragnof"- originally from Olafstadd, boat was captured and he was taken prisoner 5 months ago -Home
Action: With group traveling to Kingsbay. Splitting off; Garius and Goran in the care of Ragnof who is to travel with a caravaner or trader for safety. They will travel to Caer Corwell, where the boys will be delivered to the orphanage there. A letter delivered with them will explain what is known of the boys and pledge a healthy donation matching that their 'friend' Aich had given half a year ago. Ragnof will then be free to continue north to check on his village; with option to stay at Toby's.
10 - Half-elf[drow] female- Halmerrye (3000)- Sorceress [delivered bound and gagged as per instructions] - taken in Skullport - 2 brands - will stay for now
Action: Put in charge of house, supply and finance. Is writing us a guide to Skullport for our next excursion.
11 - Human Female Child 12yrs- "Anni" (700)- South of Dorset[Alaron], was first taken to an island and worked in the fields but taken to that sale after her mother died- orphanage?
Action: With group traveling to Kingsbay, then Caer Callidyrr. Will take to meet Arrow, a dancer who is from the same region, if not same community as the child. It is hoped that she will know the child and of some living family she might find shelter with to grow up in a loving home.
12 - Human male child - Twin 1 7yrs - "Goran"(500) doesn't know - father was fisherman -orphanage?
Action: With group traveling to Kingsbay. Splitting off; Garius and Goran in the care of Ragnof who is to travel with a caravaner or trader for safety. They will travel to Caer Corwell, where the boys will be delivered to the orphanage there. A letter delivered with them will explain what is known of the boys and pledge a healthy donation matching that their 'friend' Aich had given half a year ago. Ragnof will then be free to continue north to check on his village; with option to stay at Toby's.
13 - Human Male child - Twin 2 7yrs- "Garius"(600)doesn't know - father was fisherman -orphanage?
14- Human Female - Tongue cut out -can cook - age 20 (800) "Valia"[from Skullport] -- would stay
Action:
15 - Human Male - miner - (600) - "Kander" From Luskan was thrown in jail after a bar fight and ended up sold as a slave - Home
16- Human female - "Gretchen"(2500) - pregnant, Taken from Trondelheim in a raid several months ago [she does not know who the father is of the child she carries] was well used - might stay but is pregnant
Action: A midwife is to be found for mother Gretchen, as she is due in just a few rides.

Standard for the release of each is to send them off with a half a year's wages so as to make it possible for them to regain a lifestyle they understand. Each has a document signed and sealed that indicates they were indentured, some with expiration, some with indications that the conditions are already met.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio