The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Mick
Beholder

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Mick »

First of all, Happy Birthday to our Arri! :)

As for tonight, I suppose we are going to try to pick up where we left off last week, with us trying to purchase a string of slaves to gather some information.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by orangetree »

Icly I think this plan is crazy
Oocly I think you’re all crazy

;)
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

The plan was H's. or should I say Aich's. It was never intended to be a group plan, but a way for him to make a difference on his own. I am feeling pretty lousy, not so sure how good my dizzy head is going to be, but I will be trying. Hoping to get through this without combat. So if you are looking for a brawl, don't bother showing up tonight.

At this point, I know SSM is sick as I am, so likely not to be there or phoning it in. No guarantee I will be fully functional. I believe Ari is sick, have not heard from anyone else, but did receive a text last night saying VS was sick as well. I don't expect her.

If I have Arizma, Toby and the DM, I am willing to continue. Frankly, I don't think this works without at least three of us. Believably that is.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

If we have that many sick folks, including our DM on her birthday, maybe we should just postpone to next weekend? I am fine either way.
Talk less. Listen more.

gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

WE? moved slowly last week, and I called it at the moment we were supposed to be collecting the slaves at the dockside warehouse. We literally have a few minutes to collect them and get on board the ship I arranged passage aboard to get them to Snowdown.

My plan was to keep up appearance till we could get them into a secreted location, such as a tavern room or an inn, or even a stables or warehouse. Then explain to them what is going on, feed them, and interview them for intelligence on how how the slave operation works. From there, I am hoping to enlist a few of them as indentured workers, who will do work for us until they feel they have paid back what was spent rescuing them, or send them on their way back home if they homes to return to at all.

Game in an hour or so.. see you there.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Very unlikely I will make it tonight. I had to work very early this morning and it has been a long day. I will hopefully get back with you next week
Talk less. Listen more.

gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

We will be picking up from the moment we disembark. We have a couple of hours to make arrangements then collect the herd.

We need to rent a large enough space to bring 16 people and us, care for them, plan and make decisions.

I am thinking warehouse, or stable or mostly empty inn.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Information Update: http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... 18#p632318

I plan to do a one off with Arriana concerning meeting with Arrow and the elves about Anni and Shamil. This will leave next week open for an adventure into Skullport to look around and learn things. SKULLPORT. Please, I do not want H to die because people have lost interest. I am hoping that the name SKULLPORT will pique some interest at least.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

forgive my brevity, but this damned interface blanked out my last two attempts, so I will not be verbose.

Mission to take Shamil to the elves was a success, mission to take little Anni to relatives was a failure, and H is going to continue searching for a relative who wants her, or find her a good home.

Information from rp/interviews that was found:
1. Drachenshore was indeed important, the farmers taken from from Alaron were working the fields there, and may be there still.
2. The passageways and portals linked through the temple of Isis include a passage to Drachenshore.

Missions that must be completed yet:
1. A thorough scouting of Drachenshore, including an escape route for rescuees.
2. A thorough scouting of Skullport, and knowledge of routes in and out necessary.
We have some prelim information, and the floating skulls seem like they will be a real issue to any combative movement.
3. Cleaning out the temple of Isis, which seems to be the common point between all of the others.

Slight aside, Gonz.0/Horatio will not be present March 3rd/4rth. I have a scout/Autism society event I will be attending.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Post by vergin_sacrifice »

I offer my apologies for my absence. ((I just got my computer repaired. ))

Bel is not available for deep delves or combat, but is more than willing to assist in a support capacity. Her wares and spells are available at cost the heroes working for the crown. Bel is also very much eager for news of things. Silence makes her worry that there are many casualties.

(( I am sorry, I work on Sundays early in the AM and need to be in bed soon after the game starts most saturdays.))
I doubt, therefore; I might be
Calil - Elf maid depicted in profile picture.
Bellie - Small woman from Lowhill with big attitude - see below
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

(Thanks VS)
(OOC - the crew was reduced to just H for a couple of sessions due to PC issues and such.)

H purchased three more slaves from the Skullport market.
Nate: A human trader of exotic goods out of Calimshan who got into a tiff with another merchant.
Hard Corin: A gnome gem cutter whom H believes is one with shadow connections and underworld ways.
Jivrak formerly of house Lysaen: A young drow male who was captured attempting to perform a mission for his house, disgraced because he was caught.

He is working with them, Nate to obtain at cost the furnishings for the brothel. Corin to, in hopes, obtain contacts and information, and Jevik to gain intelligence about the underdark and Skullport.

H had a brief meeting, a drink, with Ceblik the slave trader who clued him into the way things are run locally. He needs to qualify as a 'High Trader' to be invited to the slave sales where he can buy lots of 'trained' slaves, including captured elves he seeks to free in Aglaril's name.

He had a long discussion with Jivrak who was coaxed into revealing that the house his was attempting to gain information on, was in fact one of the great 8 houses, Tanor'Thal. Specifically the home of Sordil Tanor'Thal, the voice of the house in Skullport and a wizard of power who maintains his own compound in Skullport. He collects red haired captives to enslave and abuse, and prefers young impressionable drow to put to work in his mercenary squads as they are easier to control and build loyalty with, which is how Jivrak was going to be entering. He was passed between two pillars which brought down the illusions hiding his house markings and revealing him for a spy. He is known to have his own mercenary forces, drow, humans and half-orcs. Their numbers he could not relate, but more than a dozen. He prefers female slaves. Jivrak did not see Toby's halfling girl.

The daughter of Tanor'Thal, a priestess of Lolth, that is assigned to Skullport is a member of a the Iron Ring, which has a solid lock on slave trading in Skullport. They are an iron fist type ruling organization.

During this next 'down time', H is leaving Skullport with the two merchantmen slaves and setting them to work in Waterdeep toward gaining their freedom, he is going to meet with some contacts and collect some things/books from his home in Baldur's Gate before returning to Skullport for the next portion. ((H has been on his own in Skullport, I figure only a few days represented by the last month real time, no guilt in doing some side trip/shopping during down time.))
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

OOC statement: It might seem that things have slowed down drastically since Aglaril's death, and that we are getting nowhere. That since Horatio stepped up to lead and has been attempting to move things forward, we have stalled.

I'd like to make a few points that may seem obvious to some, and might seem like a dead horse to some others.
1. Coming back after a major character dies is difficult.
2. Moving forward without your biggest hitter is daunting
3. Planning for the future without a major asset is unnerving.

That said, Aglaril is gone. Those that agreed to join the quest either on a short term, or long term basis are NEEDED. Things have completely fallen apart. Half of the sessions have been done with two or fewer players, so far the most we have had was four. We need to get people back, and agreed on action. I cannot plan for an assault of any kind on any target if I can only count on myself to show up.

No one would risk going up against the kind of odds we have seen without reliable people at their backs. I am trying to rebuild and lead this group to completion of the quest as a whole, by taking on one small goal at a time. We need a win to get back our mojo, or spirt, or drive. The only thing H has been able to accomplish is gathering information, which, if you read previous posts he has managed to do. I am sure many of you find the purchasing of slaves with intent to free them an odd or round about way of gathering information, but if you have an issue with it, by all means BRING IT UP IN CHARACTER. It was the only thing I could think of at the time with the assets at hand, and it was working.

Now however, we have information, we have a goal at hand but we can't move on it because we are very short handed. If you intend to join us again for the quest games on Saturday nights, please post here in this thread so we can plan on you. If you have any input that you would like to give in character, something to help us to start to move forward in a more productive way in your minds, POST IT HERE so we can discuss it before game and do something more exciting than planning sessions. I love the rp, but I know planning and not executing is boring enough that we lose people.

Here is what I have so far as goals direct in front of us.
1. Free the red heads and hopefully put Sordil Tanor'Thal out of commission.
2. Attack Drachenshore and free the farming and fishing slaves taken from Alaron.
3. Finish cleaning out the Temple of Isis and hopefully finding the key to shutting down the portal network or collapsing the temple behind us.
4. Taking out ships of the Dasaurian Traders and Talos worshippers, stopping them from more raids to take slaves. (maybe collecting a stone)
5. Collecting the rest of the stones and performing the ritual to destroy them.

Without more people, next week looks like we are waiting to see if our diplomatic entreaty to the drow mage will get us audience and ability to gather a little more information and a possible peaceable entrance into his compound (and maybe a fighting exit into the portal system)

Addendum: At some point in the near future, a trip to Sshamath will be made; unless the drow slave gets killed.
Last edited by gonz.0 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Erelual should be there. She has double digit HP now, and is ready to rock the world with reckless low level schemes.
vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Post by vergin_sacrifice »

I came to the game last night, I am glad I did. I suck with combat, but I really enjoy RP. The game was over all too soon (broke up due to misunderstanding that we were not done) but I stuck around and got to have a great RP that went all night. My body is hating me as my head will by the time i'm off of work, but I do not regret it.

Thank you to all.

If you can take my needing to leave around midnight (as I don't think I could do this regularly staying up) and my spastic way of getting around, I'll try to come to Saturday games and support the group. Bel is small and squishy, and Bel is over-cautious and a bit cowardly about fighting and sea travel so don't you front line fighters let them get through the line.. ya here? :) See you next game.
I doubt, therefore; I might be
Calil - Elf maid depicted in profile picture.
Bellie - Small woman from Lowhill with big attitude - see below
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Trying again. Site keeps resetting on me....

Calling for Heroes

We are taking off May 12th, but the May 19th game is the kind that so many have been asking for to happen.

May 19 10 PM Eastern Daylight Savings time (22:00) with a hard stop time of 1 am, a 3 hour tour.
(For those around the world, that is May 20th at 02:00 UTC to 05:00 UTC)

Our semi-intrepid avatars have found out that the slaver Sordil Tanor'Thal has been capturing redheads who have talent from the islands and such. We planted one of us, our talented red haired bard, within his compound and are keeping in touch using 'Sending" We have learned that he has roughly 30 drow mercenaries, 10 human mercenaries, and 1-3 monstrous pets fed with kitchen scraps. Add to that a powerful Drow wizard, by best imagining should be between 12-15th casting level.

Currently, we can depend upon Zova, Horatio and Bellie to be there for the fight. We are hoping to get a few more to help us even the odds a bit so we can rescue Camelia the bard, as well as the other half dozen red haired captives we have learned still live. This is likely going to close out the side quest for Tobias, so we are sincerely hoping all, that he manages to fix his issues and get into game with us. It would a real shame to finish his quest without him.

We are also hoping to coax Mick to come back for one night with Arizma, as her aid would be greatly appreciated and it would give us an opportunity to have a graceful exit from the quest. We hope to get Balkr who we all miss, Kalas who in his one appearance was quite the striking figure and give us all hope that we could win. We hope for anyone else who has been involved, or wants to be involved even if it is for this one night only. So come join us and have some fun.

I will post more later.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio