The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Ithildur »

Another memo from the Elf:

There are a number of details, loose ends and such that I believe we should attempt to address before departing Gwynneth for Snowdown or elsewhere:
Spoiler:
-report to the dwarven elders. Depending on how much favor we have with them, some effort should probably be made to obtain aid in practical form (armor, weapons of dwarven make?). If even the dwarves of High Home are hard pressed for coin due to poor harvests and such, I am prepared to give them funds to alleviate the situation.
DONE

-there are a number of areas in the ruins near High Home we passed over (rightfully so) in our focus to get to the goal; a return and thorough examination should be considered for several reasons:
1. the place was obviously once a dwarven hold and might be important to the local dwarves; clearing it completely of their enemies might improve our standing in their eyes.
2. chance for loot and information, clues that we may have missed
3. I believe there was talk about returning to more closely examine the table-like object discovered in a small nook on the lower level
4. we never found the source of the drums in the deep. If there is some evil we've not dealt with I would prefer to look into it, lest the dwarves enter the place expecting it to be mostly clear and find a nasty surprise.
5. restore any petrified dwarves (or elves, other long lived races for that matter) that might survive a transmutation back to flesh
DONE

-attempt to determine the risk of placing two or more stones in close proximity, both shielded and unshielded if possible

-obtain more quartz boxes if the above experiment is inconclusive or worse

-find a secure location to keep the stones. Carrying them about on our persons seems highly risky especially given the recent ambush; it may be high time to approach the Queen herself to ask about this and other matters.

-a handful of Cursed ones still remain in Macsheean

Aglaril
Last edited by Ithildur on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Analogkid
Ogre

Re: The same thing we do every day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Analogkid »

((I'm going to be a little late due to a scout meeting tonight, probably around 7:30pm))

Before doing anything toby would want to do some research to see if there's any rumors of areas in Gwynneth still have foul weather
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Forgive me if Im mistaken, but wasn't part of the reason the troupe went into the ruins was some missing dwarves?
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Ithildur »

One missing dwarf found and unpetrified.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

"Oh potatoes... You can unpetrify people?"

Lunette smacks her own face. "I need to learn more about magic."
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

"Aye but un petrifying them when they be in pieces don't do them any good." Balkr snorts at the halfling.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((Also, obtained 4th quartz box, check.

Any thoughts for this week? I'm thinking a meeting with the queen might be best done with as many people on as possible, which would be Friday night... also might give Arri a break from having to build/prep new Snowdown/Alaron areas.

Putting to rest a few Cursed probably can be done during a side session.

Not sure about further experiments with multiple stones in one box; obvious that bringing 2 together unshielded is very bad.

I'm hoping Bu actually attempts some scrying instead of sitting on that purple cloth with his fat hobo behind :wink:

Keeping fingers crossed that down the line we don't hear about dwarves that got sent to the ruins and slaughtered by something we left behind. Aglaril's still up in HH, if anyone else is around might be worth a final peak in there. ))

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Bu tried seeking Quartz near High Home. Was a wash.

Need to try near Corwell or travel around a little.

Can cast Scrying (even "Greater Scrying") anytime. But the purple sash I honestly believe is not related to these stones? Maybe it is. Can do it anytime, just bring it up in game I guess. I'm not big on monopolizing DM time, especially when others online, and I'm rarely on with just Arri.

If dwarves get themselves snuffed that's their risk. I'll reincarnate them into Orcs, there's some comeuppance for ya!
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Galadorn wrote:Bu tried seeking Quartz near High Home. Was a wash.

Need to try near Corwell or travel around a little.

Can cast Scrying (even "Greater Scrying") anytime. But the purple sash I honestly believe is not related to these stones? Maybe it is. Can do it anytime, just bring it up in game I guess. I'm not big on monopolizing DM time, especially when others online, and I'm rarely on with just Arri.

If dwarves get themselves snuffed that's their risk. I'll reincarnate them into Orcs, there's some comeuppance for ya!
The purple sash was given by Finn and is not related to the stones, at least not directly that we know of; Bu's the best scryer but if he isn't interested in pursuing that then we'll have to have someone else work with it.

It's been a while since that clue was handed out; I expect there may be IC consequences for not attempting any followup on it, just sayin'...

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Thanks pop.

I've also not seen Finn online since it was given to Bu.

I'm not scrying it, until he's there as well. It's his show, i'm happy to help "him".
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

PM sent.

It's not necessarily tied to whether Finn is around or not; Arri's make it very clear when she DMs there's plot elements going on regardless of whether PC's are around, not around, active or inactive. Finn got a nice tie-in/hook to the plot element, but it exists and runs independent of him.

I do hope things are somewhat put on statis while the stone plot is in the foreground, but good plots often have multiple layers running concurrently; I would not assume the rest of the story is on hold.

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

PM sent!

I know the rest of the world is not on hold. I'd be happy to scry yer buns off asap. I also don't like to monopolize DM time, when a bunch of people are on, and we're doing "Stone" things, I don't want to stop it all and do a Scrying ritual interupting things. :(

Can do anytime!
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((I believe we are set for a meeting with the Queen, by her invitation, most likely this Friday as that's when most of the players are likely to be on.))

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

((I'm afraid I will not be seeing you this Friday due to work asking an extra shift, I'm actually quite sad to miss this one... always wanted to have one of my characters meet the queen but it seems i'm just not fated to do so. :(
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((I'm sure it won't be the only time Lunette ever gets a chance to see the Queen; we could try for another night if we can get enough folks on and arri's available, but easier said than done getting everyone on the same page))