The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by gonz.0 »

1.) H is this tenday riding about the Island of Gwyneth to listen to news and rumors to try to gain more information. His responsibility was originally to Lady Tha'is and her lands near Horstall. So he went through looking to see if the trouble that existed before still does.

He would ride the road from Kingsbay to Corwell and stay a time in each village to talk to people and learn of any new rumors. He would then make way back at best speed to Kingsbay and return to Corwell to be back at the hall to meet with the others and report.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Analogkid
Ogre

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Analogkid »

I suggest we follow up with the drow/temple of Isis...this is tied directly to the issue of the slavers and the missing red heads as well...and may lead to clues in regards to the slavers who originally kidnapped the red heads and then sold them to the drow.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

Balkr has gone to the druidess in the grove near Rillifane's Run as he felt the need to speak with her. He is currently at the grove and (once I catch up with Ari IG) he may have more information that may change our plans.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

(Ari, what is the schedule for this weekend's session, assuming there is one?

There's a pretty good chance that I will be unavailable or late for sat evening this weekend, and future weekend sessions in general through the holidays. ICly, Aglaril has let Horatio know that he's going to be spending more time away from Callydiir, keeping an eye on Rillifane's Run and other areas, though he will still be involved with the isle's troubles in his own fashion and timing.)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

We should be planning what we intend to do for this weekend's session. It seems that we have a few options.

1. Continue our investigation of the tainted Moonwell on Moray. It seems that Balkr may have something to offer to shed light on things there. We have also been discussing IC trying to turn one of the statues outside the cave to flesh to see if the results are any different than the statue that was in the cave, which apparently was just a statue. Arizma suggests this be the first priority.

2. Return our attention to the Purple Sashes, who appear to have a stone with them and who are heavily involved in the slave trade. Arizma believes moving against them is inevitable, but is now the time?

3. Backtrack to the Temple of Ishtar/Isis near Horsa to fully explore it to see if any additional clues can be found.

4. Some other course?

Thoughts? I would like to give Arri some heads up regarding what our plans are so she can properly prepare our doom.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Mick wrote:We should be planning what we intend to do for this weekend's session. It seems that we have a few options.

1. Continue our investigation of the tainted Moonwell on Moray. It seems that Balkr may have something to offer to shed light on things there. We have also been discussing IC trying to turn one of the statues outside the cave to flesh to see if the results are any different than the statue that was in the cave, which apparently was just a statue. Arizma suggests this be the first priority.

2. Return our attention to the Purple Sashes, who appear to have a stone with them and who are heavily involved in the slave trade. Arizma believes moving against them is inevitable, but is now the time?

3. Backtrack to the Temple of Ishtar/Isis near Horsa to fully explore it to see if any additional clues can be found.

4. Some other course?

Thoughts? I would like to give Arri some heads up regarding what our plans are so she can properly prepare our doom.
#1 is definitely the priority; however, a lot of us are unsure if Balkr is able to make it. Sometimes their schedule is a bit more chaotic than we know about, so if we could know in advance, I feel like we need Balkr to do this part of the quest... which is tough, since it's a bit time limited.

Otherwise, I'd say #3. We have a sash of a purple cloth that's in #2, but... we know stones can't be scried upon, so it may be a lost cause to try and track them down. I wouldn't know any other courses to take.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Ithildur wrote:Also in the works: commissioning of 2 more crystal boxes. Aglaril spent some time ingame today at the Mage Guild which has accepted commissions for such items previously, and would have inquired/put in a commission before departing.
*flails*

This was 2 weeks ago. There have been multiple subsequent visits.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Mick wrote:1. Continue our investigation of the tainted Moonwell on Moray. It seems that Balkr may have something to offer to shed light on things there. We have also been discussing IC trying to turn one of the statues outside the cave to flesh to see if the results are any different than the statue that was in the cave, which apparently was just a statue. Arizma suggests this be the first priority.

4. Some other course?
There is a purple sash to attempt scrying on which might yield new intel. I'm not sure who currently holds the sash; I'm guessing since Horatio is hanging out at the grove with Balkr (according to Gonzo), he's going to give it to Balkr to try and scry with the recently cleansed pool?

It'd be nice if the scrying can be done before saturday; otherwise it'll mean a good chunk of time Saturday gets taken up with scrying to start off, and with 2, 3 key players in the group normally having to log early, that's not a lot of time to explore the temple of Isis or anything else with a full group (which may or may not be a good thing). Next weekend is Thanksgiving in the US; not sure what that'll mean in terms of people's/DM availability.

[edit] The temple of Isis seems like the most obvious option atm barring a really good payoff from scrying, being an unfinished thread to pull on from the past. Possible downside might be that it's a trail more than a year old; unlike the Cursed ones in Machsheean, this path might not be as static.

If we do pursue that path, just to be on the safe side, might be a good idea to be prepared for a possible incursion down into the Underdark. Drow and portal(s) were mentioned in character by a couple of folks (would be helpful to get more input from Arizma/Toby etc if there is anything to add).

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

I work tomorrow so won't have much prep time

Whats the groups over all plan for the day?
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Unless the group disagrees, I think returning to the temple of Isis is probably the best next option, if we want to maximize our time usage. We were more or less prepared to head there before we were diverted to the grove on Moray.

Scrying the sash will ultimately be necessary, but it may take a bit more time and will involve fewer people. I am hopeful that doing the scrying will give use enough information to move against the Sashes, which will be necessary before too terribly long, I think.
Talk less. Listen more.

Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Mick wrote:Unless the group disagrees, I think returning to the temple of Isis is probably the best next option, if we want to maximize our time usage. We were more or less prepared to head there before we were diverted to the grove on Moray.
I agree with this.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

What is the plan for tonight?

We seem to be back on Skaug and it seems that the time to either move against the Sashes or figure out how we are going to move against the Sashes is nigh. Arizma thinks that with all of the stones now apparently contained that we do not have many other leads just now. That is, unless we want to backtrack and further explore the Isis ruins.

OOCly, I might be a little late for the session tonight.
Talk less. Listen more.

gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Horatio is prepared to attempt to maintain his cover identity of Aich, who is a sailor starting a brothel. He has money to buy slaves, and will try to get get into the slave market to learn more. This is one of the things I explained to Ari that I wished to accomplish.

I am open to whatever suggestions the others have, short of a blind attempt to bust in and break things up without a plan. Our strike in Skaug last time was ridiculous and stupid. It nearly got someone killed, but for no real gain.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

When is going to be a good time /day for the services for Aglaril ? His body currently lies in state at the Village of Rillifanes up on the hillside

I will be free most of this week during the evenings
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

I am able to be on pretty much anytime this week after 6pm PST, except for Wed.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"