The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Magile
Otyugh

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Magile »

Galadorn wrote:I think Bu still has a Stone......... or two. Might be wrong. He's hanging up in Highhome these days.
It would be nice to get more of the gang together... especially if they have key plot items.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Arianna »

Galadorn wrote:I think Bu still has a Stone......... or two. Might be wrong. He's hanging up in Highhome these days.
Pretty sure Bu never had charge of any of the *Stones*

Arizma has 3
Toby has 3
Alaril has 1
Saiok as 1

that accounts for the 8 that have been found
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((Two stones for elven warriors under the sky,
Three for the wizard who's been working alone,
Three for fair maiden please don't let her die,
Four the number that remain of the stones
In dungeon or ruins, in darkness they lie

Twelve stones of Discord sow strife and madness
Twelve stones yet still so much unknown
Twelve stones in life, in death and wretchedness
Twelve stones must keep from wicked bones
))
Last edited by Ithildur on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

((And none for a halfling who used spells and opened doors)) :p
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((Halfling was supposed to get the One Stone to rule them all obviously but she's retired, alas. Sauron wins.))

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Sorry everyone, my DM just confirmed that our table top D&D game is a go for this saturday night. Its been getting tougher to game with everyones schedules being so all over the place. I'll go ahead and try to fill in some gaps in knowledge the party has before then, either through a post or in RP

Nevermind...I'll be on saturday
Last edited by Analogkid on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

As you wander around Skaug trying to pick up tidbits from the oppressed populace you notice that the Ship with the Purple sails has moved to the edge of the cliffs and that a berth has opened up on the docks

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((suggestions for this week: if possible to arrange with DM (or even via PMs), scrying being mostly a solo activity I think can be done before the big weekend session. If there are house rules/RP value for additional PCs being able to lend assistance to the scrying that's great, but either way it may be best to get info from the scry early, come up with a plan based on the results (whether successful/useful or not), and attempt to execute plan during the big session... vs cram all that into one session.))

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

CLARIFICATION REGARDING TOBY'S LOOKS
With out the glamor

Toby . .is very pale, not to the point as would a ghast or vampire be pale, but the already pale skin of the bookish young man is growing less vibrant and healthy looking. Never particularly muscled, his skin now retracts upon his frame in a guant,wrinkled, emaciated manner. His eyes look sunken like someone severely dehydrated. Overall he looks older than his twenty something years should allow for.
Those who touch him notice he is colder than normal humans should be not as cold as those who are undead yet lower than should be comfortable for a human. Yet it seems tougher than you might expect.
Should any examine him for a heartbeat its there and beats normally. He requires food and sleep and seems to breath like any other.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

(( I would highly, highly suggest someone take the extremely OOC Stone of Discord + Quartz Box out of the Hunter's Hall. ISA placed it in the chest because he doesn't plan to touch NWN2 again, and it doesn't make sense IC to place one of the most devastating things in existence (that we know of) to be left sitting in a damn chest! ))
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Magile wrote:(( I would highly, highly suggest someone take the extremely OOC Stone of Discord + Quartz Box out of the Hunter's Hall. ISA placed it in the chest because he doesn't plan to touch NWN2 again, and it doesn't make sense IC to place one of the most devastating things in existence (that we know of) to be left sitting in a damn chest! ))
It should probably be Aglaril that carries that one, since he is the most likely one to whom Sai would give the stone.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

[edit: nm, things took a slightly different course]

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

this:
http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... 64#p630564

and spam scrying (however Ari wants to handle that - at least 2 PCs seem likely to be involved - Aglaril and Layali) are on the menu so far.

There's been talk of a Return to Skaug episode in the works.

A few things that should get clarified: 1. specific objectives/goals 2. the method of getting to said goals 3. the method of getting out

Results of scry attempts might have significant impact. It's been suggested by a source that the red hair obtained by Mal belongs to the Overlord of Skaug himself. If we can get to the Overlord (or his stuff, office, iphone) either through forceful or subtle methods, probably a good bet we'll get some information on the Purple crew that left town.

Another potential target is the 2nd warehouse - apparently in-game communication snafu happened :| , and we rang the wrong bell? I wasn't privy to much info on this other than overhearing Mal say "There's another warehouse where they kept slaves" and later getting wind that there was a misunderstanding, so others will have to chime in here.

I'm concerned that time may be an issue here - time/events continue on even when we're not ingame/engaged with stuff in Ari's campaign; the trail from Skaug might already be ice cold or soon will be. Ari, some clarification about how much time has passed IC since last weekend might be helpful, especially since we were set to meet the queen 'the next morning' after instant travel/teleport, but this may not happen for a few RL days.

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Another potential target for a recon mission has been suggested/discussed: Drachenshore.

We'll end up here sooner or later most likely... the question is when, how, and why/objectives we're after.

I'm guessing that since Horatio's report to the queen was posted in a thread specifically marked for facilitating sharing info among those involved, most if not all of that is information considered shared with our PCs. i.e. we know a little about the place. It's most likely high risk, and the most direct path to moving forward.

The more we know/find out about it, the better we might be able to prepare and manage the risks, as well as clarify objectives there, hence the value of a recon before... well, whatever we decide needs to be done there.

Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Our best bet is investigating Dolfen Reed. We've been scrying him, we know he has a contact that he speaks to on Skaug that may be directly linked to the D. Traders, and even if his contact isn't linked to them, he is aware of the D. Traders and helps them. He rings the bell to bring everyone in, under penalty of death - if people are caught out after the bell rings, he enslaves them. If you are already a slave, your master gets fined and you get beaten for it. The D. Traders come back to Skaug on a monthly-ish basis to collect more slaves, and Dolfen Reed is there to provide and make sure the transition is as easy as possible.

This man is loaded with information. Drachenshore, on the other hand, is (as far as we can tell) a fortress that cannot be dealt with my any simple means. The Overlord is what we need to extract information from - and when we say to charm him into telling us, we don't mean to bat your eyelashes at him and make winky faces in hopes he will get turned on.