The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Mick
Beholder

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by Mick »

Arizma will be there.

The book they found in the last ruin has a powerful ability that may prove useful. It allows the casting of Legend Lore once per week. Arizma intends to use it to evaluate one of the stones in the hope that a way to destroy them will be revealed. Unfortunately, this requires that a stone come into contact with the book itself, which obviously will require that it be taken out of a quartz box.

As for loot, other than the book, I don't even remember what else was there.

Arizma also has a personal interest in clearing the remainder of the temple we were in last session. She will pay any who are willing to help her accomplish this. That is a personal quest, though, and I would not expect it to take up any time on Friday nights.

Arizma will also be spending a fair amount of time in altered form in Callidyrr trying to learn of the abductions and/or slavers.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
epetrow
Dire Badger

Re: The same thing we do every (ten)day... plot to SAVE THE ISLES (planning thread)

Post by epetrow »

I will be on Friday though I might be a little late depending on RL scheduling that is still up in the air. Balkr would like help with a quest that has been assigned to him by the Earthmother as part of his redemption. This is related to one of the items in the rumors thread. It takes place on Alaron, is time sensitive and is related to the current plot so I think this week might be a perfect time to take care of it.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

I'll be late on Friday, around 8:30 I think
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Analogkid wrote:I'll be late on Friday, around 8:30 I think

That is a bit late to get the game started . . . . will likely start without you depending on who shows
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Life's been... interesting.

I am 90.11% sure I can be there tonight .
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

It seems I will have to bow out this week; A few (more)things have been thrown on my plate and they sadly take precedence over gaming.
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

ImStrokerAce wrote:It seems I will have to bow out this week; A few (more)things have been thrown on my plate and they sadly take precedence over gaming.
I am sure the gnolls will miss you ......................

Hope things smooth over for you soon

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

I was thinking, could we devote some IC resources towards repairing the old elven observatory? We've cleared it of monsters, maybe we can fortify it and try to preserve it for history. I'm not sure how we could do such a feat, but I wanted to throw it out there. I would be willing to add an extra rogue class, and add point to 'profession' to learn such skills to fix such a machine if that is required.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

orangetree wrote:I was thinking, could we devote some IC resources towards repairing the old elven observatory? We've cleared it of monsters, maybe we can fortify it and try to preserve it for history. I'm not sure how we could do such a feat, but I wanted to throw it out there. I would be willing to add an extra rogue class, and add point to 'profession' to learn such skills to fix such a machine if that is required.
Arizma would certainly be willing to help with this effort and contribute what she can. She also has a keen interest in clearing the remainder of the temple where the last stone was recovered and she will most definitely require some assistance with this. If these are to be undertaken, however, I think we should consider doing it on nights other than our usual campaign nights, so as to not distract us from recovering the stones and other fun that Arri has planned around them.

Regarding Stone recovery, Arizma is hoping to learn of the location of the ruins housing the stone that remains on Alaron. She thinks it likely it is in the hidden tomb of Cymrich Hugh, the first High King. His tomb is in the Farheight Mountains, although it seems that none know or are willing to relate its location. Arizma will try to divine its location or at least gain some clues pertaining to it.
Talk less. Listen more.

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

I'm probably going to ask a silly question here but how does one do things outside a campaign and legitimately so?
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Typically one logs in on at a time other than the designated campaign night. I only suggest that because often Arri has specific things she wants to do or prepare for on Friday nights.
Talk less. Listen more.

epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

Mick wrote: Regarding Stone recovery, Arizma is hoping to learn of the location of the ruins housing the stone that remains on Alaron. She thinks it likely it is in the hidden tomb of Cymrich Hugh, the first High King. His tomb is in the Farheight Mountains, although it seems that none know or are willing to relate its location. Arizma will try to divine its location or at least gain some clues pertaining to it.
Balkr has been instructed that the Earthmother is feeling pain near where the unicorn was found so looking in the Fairheights between Blackstone and White Rock is probably a good place to start and the tomb is likely to be in that area (ignores big metagaming "X" designating the Cairn of Cymrych Hugh on the Campaign map ;) ) Also, Balkr now has regained some access to spells for divination so he could potentially help to glean some clues as to the stone/tomb's whereabouts.
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I have family coming in for the holiday weekend tomorrow. Unlikely to make the session so don't wait for Rhone. I might try to log in later, but we usually stay up late chatting. Have fun!
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

I'm afraid Lunette is still stuck/lost at the elven grove. I've tried to find my way out to no avail.

I've had no communication while logged on, so I'm going to assume this is one of those events and I'm just not ICly in position to help or know where to go.... so I guess I'll go back to sleep and try again next week.

Best of luck.

PS let it be known I do try to make it to every session I can and have tried to be reliable in that. commitment is two sided.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Game for Friday night 6:30 PDT

Not sure yet what this will consist of since I am behind on my building

We have lost Sai for at least a month it seems and not sure what the status is on Aglaril

Current regulars/ semi-regulars seem to be:

Toby
Arizma
Balkr

Lunette
Rhone

Anyone else out there want to play in this time slot?

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin