A Stoney problem(formerlyThe Cursed)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Arianna
Tech Admin

Re: The Cursed (formerly The Moonwell, the Maiden, and the Stone)

Post by Arianna »

After nearly 3 weeks of good weather and renewed fishing in Kingsbay, the skies once again turn sodden,thunder and lightening grace the skies.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((I've been informed friday night's session will largely be dependent on PC choices. fyi there's a good chance I won't be able to be around much until late friday - which may make it trickier (but probably not impossible) to gain access to the macsheean chamber; toby's been filled in on what aglaril found at the chamber etc.

We'll have to post less IC info in this thread for a while until things are settled))
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

[03:34] [Gregg_1974] Aiden Nevyn: [Talk] I have healing spells
[03:35] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] Well then, use them. *frowns a bit at him, but steps back to give him space*
Minor clarification... I misread and thought it was Balkr talking, not Aiden, i.e. the frown would've been directed at Balkr in the above situation. It was late. :hic:

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

"I have an idea to propose" Lunette suddenly says.

She wasn't sure if this was a crazy idea. Goddess knew those who followed moon logic could get tangled up in chaotic dreams and confusion. Still...

"I think.. We might have observed another weakness of the cursed today. They might be averse to sunlight. All the times I've observed them in the open was at night... And they did not follow us outside in the day.. Unless anyone else has observed otherwise?" She draws a breath again and starts to pool over her knowledge of scope devices to observe the heavens... Thinking it could be weaponised.

"I propose we craft a great mirror, reflecting sunlight down the well. A series of mirrors could then radiate sunlight outward and deeper into the catacombs bringing sunlight in there. We might have to craft it from silver or some other highly reflective material. The first needs to be large enough to bend the light like a lens. Then a series of smaller mirrors could be used..." She glances around for thoughts.

"As it stands the cursed overwhelm us and we can only put down a few at a time. At the very least using sunlight might stun the undead. This could explain the link between the storms and their need for them. The storm is incidental it's the cloud cover that is their advantage"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Aglaril regards the hin with a perplexed expression on his face.

"Overwhelm us...? There are barely a handful left, and they have been utterly defeated each time we met them save but once, a long while ago when we were caught completely by surprise. Why is there yet such panic over them, especially when we know they're down to but a handful, and we know how to free them?"

"Mountains and molehills... If by now we cannot deal with the handful we faced the last time without falling into utter chaos and panic, that does not bode well for future dealings with obstacles that will make yesterday's encounter seem trivial."

"As for the mirrors and such..." Aglaril pauses and scratches his head, apparently at a loss for words, then smiles finally as he finds what he thinks is an apt analogy.

"It's ... creative certainly, which is commendable, but... at this point it's akin to going through the pains of constructing a titan sized maul of pure platinum, laced with mithral runes, with the enchantment of the dwarves, elves, and seven blessings from exotic eastern gods laid upon it... all just to swat a fly."

"Now then, less doomsayering and needlessly quaking in boots for us all - we have two stones in hand, possibly one less Talossan in the world, and the sun shines brightly once more over all of south Gwynneth. There's much to do and likely greater dangers to face ahead of us, and the powers behind the troubles may be grim and strong. But we are not helpless, nor will the powers of the Seldarine, Helm, Selune, the Earthmother and others forsake us to the whims of Talos or his allies; there is cause for hope, and even some celebration. I say... I say fear will cloud our judgment as much if not more than being careless, so... stop it."

((rolled 12 on CHA check; not quite the most stirring rah rah speech ever given :) ))

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

"Oh." Lunette shrugs grateful that at least the idea was given some thought, though embarrassed that it was- as typical for the novice adventurer, a silly idea.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((ooc: Aglaril's carrying a pair of 'Fine Scout boots' - MS +3... I have no idea where it came from. The boots Kalas left behind were given to Lunette I believe? Anyone remember these?))

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

((I gave you a set of boots as compensation of sorts but I think they were only +1))
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((Yes, these aren't them... no idea where these +3s came from

Also, I've set up an irc channel to faciliate discussions about current MS plot, planning, etc. I'll try and keep it up constantly regardless of whether anyone is on or not, as an available resource/tool.

Sometimes live/instant communication really helps. Meanies not invited (ooc meanies, that is. IC meanies are perfectly welcome).
/join #MS-adventuar

ps with a name like that, how can the channel not be fun? :) and occasionally even useful... *gasp*))

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

New rumors up.

btw... I'm a little surprised no one has suggested pursuing ways to leverage the successes into ... special benefits... for the group. What kind of adventurers are we?! 8)

Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

((had been hoping to though its been a bit difficult up to this point
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:New rumors up.

btw... I'm a little surprised no one has suggested pursuing ways to leverage the successes into ... special benefits... for the group. What kind of adventurers are we?! 8)

AH . . some have tried . . . MS is very . . low on funds these days, certainly doesn't have any magic items to offer, and so far while one PC managed to gain something . . later incidents have had a negative impact on relations that has not yet. . . . balanced . . . .
--- and the NPCs are not going to save the day or provide more man power to bolster the ranks . . if they could deal with this . . it would have been taken care of already - - - -

After all tis hard to prove YOUR the one responsible for the improved weather without risking getting thrown in jail for dark magic

Merc companies out for fat purses will likely go broke here at this point in time
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((Where there's a will there's a way! I wasn't thinking in terms of getting paid by authorities or such btw, as it's been made clear they're low on funds. There's other kinds of benefits, if nothing else goodwill and shifting attitude towards eagerly being willing to assist with info, lore, etc. makes sense when they realize there's a group of people going around risking their lives for no apparent reason than being helpful (or bored) and saving the isles.

Just sayin'...

but then again, there's always the 'un-/underappreciated/misunderstood benevolent hero' trope which is quite popular, even ubiquitous nowadays... which leads to said heroes questioning 'why am I doing this? Spider-man no more!' and mothers saying things like 'You don't owe the world a thing!' these days... yay postmodern heroes...))

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Ithildur wrote:....we are not helpless, nor will the powers of the Seldarine, Helm, Selune, the Earthmother and others forsake us to the whims of Talos or his allies; there is cause for hope, and even some celebration. I say... I say fear will cloud our judgment as much if not more than being careless, so... stop it."
...with a slight grin and a subtle raise of a single brow, Bu finally lifts his gaze to around knee height of the flamboyant elven speaker and slowly and quietly when a lull appears in the speech... remarks...

"You have forgotten one, Aglaril. The Lord of the Mountain."

...lifting his hand slowly he points one finger towards the heavens slowly...

"...I find your lack of faith...........disturbing."

...turning his attention to Lunette, he gives her a rare eye-to-eye stare and very warm smile...

"As for you little one, you are quite right.
And for, He has blessed me to provide much needed boons for our further investigations.
While He governs all that rests below our feet... oddly enough, I may call forth a blessing of great light, even harnessing the beams of 'true' Sunlight. If but only once per sleep..."

"Addi-- addiiiiitio--- .... also..., he grants me the power to change the weather itself. It appears...i've been worthy all along."

...quietly as if speaking mostly to himself and he lowers his gaze again to the floor...

"Perhaps you all should show Him more homage...
He deserves it."
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((heads up, I may be an hour or two later than usual, or may be gone a couple hours in the early portion of the evening, etc

also a reminder... there are a few curseds still waiting to be put out of their misery))