Strange rumours

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Strange rumours

Post by orangetree »

At a night at the local tavern of Cowell, in the Trappers the following whispers are heard...

"There's a witch in town... mark my words, there will be a hanging tonight."

"Is it me, or is the wind biting hard at night?"

"I hear the druids might be up to something. Something involving Caer Callidyrr. I think they might even want some 'adventurous folk'."

"What I wouldn't give for one of those cups o' plenty..."

- - -

Gather Information roll available: DC 10 and DC 20.

Requisite: Be in Corwell in the last week.

((If your character is around Corwell, you may 'gather information', to get some further details, with the proviso that you may only pick one rumour to follow for now each day. You may re-attempt, but this may draw attention to yourself. A bonus or penalty will be applied depending on the affiliations of the character eg. Class, standing amongst commoners, rumours on 'them'. Let me know what your character bonus is, and I will do the roll ))
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Strange rumours

Post by FoamBats4All »

Aislinn Birlinde, a current resident of Trapper's Inn, and a wizard herself, takes keen note of rumors of witches and hangings. She attempts to ask around regarding activities of such a witch.

(( Not sure how you want to handle the roll. ))
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

In Corwell, a mob was seen outside a Calisham imports and storage building. Some may have mentioned following some nosey elf woman to such a place. However, there was no sign of either the elf, or the dark-skinned, bearded man-witch. That elf is seen the next morning, back in Trapper's inn, while the witch is not.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

The Witch rumour eventually dies down, though magic users might be a little warier when casting amongst the Ffolk...

((Witch rumour resolved peacefully by Aislinn. Well done! ))
Lucifer
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Lucifer »

Fumir of House Krimmevol Often stays at Trappers and even more frequently stops to say a prayer at the shrine inside> He is uniquely interested in "The Biting Winds" mentioned and makes inquiries into them.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Fumir uncovers the rumours of the ice-wind.. and the wind seems to have died down now. Druids would sense that something in the balance was nearly disrupted, but it has been held at bay.... for now.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

*A new woman arrives in town, Quella, and she makes the acquaintance of Fumir. After some sight seeing, they are approached by the town guard and asked to defend the well, which now lies under some witch's curse. During their watch, they are accosted by many fire bats, their magical fires not extinguished by the foul well water. Fumir slays most of them and Quella manages to beat one down with her mace. However they are both scorched in the firey attacks and maintain their vigil until relieved by the watch. Quella returns to Trappers to mend her wounds and ponder this unfamiliar town.*

(( thanks for the ad hoc session OT, and the quick intro of my new PC to the current plot. I was settling for some tavern RP and a tour, and was pleasantly surprised. Also got to learn a new DM trick and have figured it out on BG already. so double thanks! ))