Ghost in the Graveyard at the Castle of Skulls

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Ghost in the Graveyard at the Castle of Skulls

Post by HEEGZ »

* A vile apparition has been haunting the graveyard adjacent to the Castle of Skulls. It is surrounded in clouds of mist and emanates a feeling of intense dread. *

(( This is a staged encounter for mid to high level PCs (10-15ish?). Any low level PC is warned to avoid the immediate vicinity of the castle. I also placed a warning in game to warn off any non members who don't read this forum, but who might stumble across the area in game.

There may be additional awards if you send me an After Action Report via forum PM with the name, class, level of any PCs involved. So feel free to roleplay the scenario in full (before, during, after), and not just as a random combat encounter. ))
Analogkid
Ogre

Re: Ghost in the Graveyard at the Castle of Skulls

Post by Analogkid »

Drake had heard the rumors of a frightening apparition being seen within the forest bordering his lands. He had also heard how an oppressive and terrible feeling overcame all who traveled near those woods. No sounds of birds, or life could be heard, more and more people began to speak in hushed tones about the unnamed terror which lurked within those woods.

Drake made his way to the woods, he needed to see what these rumors had in the way of truth. Using all of his guile and skill he crept slowly through the woods, making for the cemetery near the castle of skulls. Foot by foot, he could feel the growing feeling of oppression, but it held no power over him. As he grew nearer to the cemetery, he finally could see a large....figure in the distance. It was a wraith beyond what he had ever seen. It's frightening visage towered over the tombs and graves as it hovered over the ground...wandering with malice evident in its very being.

Slowly, Drake withdrew. He needed to consider his options. Help would be needed he thought in dealing with this foul apparition.

Within the day, Drake found himself at Trappers hold. The place was filled with its usual sorts. He busied himself with nursing his drink, wondering if anyone at the tavern might be suitable for dealing with the wraith...or some other business Drake had in mind.

After a few hours, the tavern began to fill up. Soon, within the crowd were people he knew. Amongst other topics, the issue of the terrible fear permeating the woods came up. Drake chose this time to call forth others to aid in putting to rest the apparition. Sadly, while there were some willing, Drake feared that the desire outpaced their capability.

At this time, it was that Drake decided he would battle the wraith alone, so that no others might be harmed. Drake informed his staff at Keep Veneshuel of his intent. As he did with residents of cantrev koart as he made his way to the woods.

A few days later Drake made his way into Koart and other locals hamlets, and informed the locals that he had put the wraith to its final rest, as he did so he carried what he claimed to be the contents of the wraiths tomb. He then walked home....a fanged smirk occasionally appearing upon his face.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

((I didn't have any internet last night. What did i miss?))
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

((This was resolved just over two weeks ago. There was a separate set of encounters run by CD and I on Saturday night.))
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

((Dont you have a session on sun?))
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

(( Nope, we've been trying to start up on Saturday nights but I keep having things crop up. I placed some staged encounters like this one and CD added a few more when I wasn't around. ))