Big man on the run.

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

t-ice
Dungeon Master

Big man on the run.

Post by t-ice »

The memory was particularly vivid in his mind this day, and for an obvious reason.
He was but a body, fourteen summers, though for size he could already easily pass for a grown man. It was one of those times again. His father was stopping over the port that passed for home to him. But this time would be different. Never again. He had been taught basic fistfighting by Pert at the dockside the past couple months, and while every day he grow stronger, it was the confidence that mattered. From that time when he stood over the unconscious man that called himself his father, one thought pierces through to this day, sharp as a Cyricists's dagger: I will never be a sailor. I will make something better of myself.

"Tack to port, get a move on ye lazy buggers!"
He sighed heavily as he proceeded to do the routine motions he knew only too well, to pull on the ropes on the deck of the "Red Barracuda". What a joke of a name for the whale of a ship, but at least it wasn't as sluggish and helpless as some of the coracles the ffolk employed. Another thought that brings too many memories and a winch to his face...

Choice is a luxury most people don't have. He still shuddered to think of what sent him fleeing across half an ocean. Hope the loremaster was right, and those things can't reach cross waters. What a pitiful port on the horizon that Kingsbay, but at least its land. If there's any choice written in my fate, it is to not do another voyage for a long time. But what are the chances for that at the Isles. Sigh.