Encounter: Snowdown Tombs Overrun!

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Encounter: Snowdown Tombs Overrun!

Post by CloudDancing »

*word from the sailor's lips are that the tombs of Snowdown Isle are overrrun by a pack of zombies and ghouls hell bent on eating anyone who enters.

At the same time the town has been stricken with a malaise that has caused the mayor to cover the town well and drinking water is being barreled in from 5 miles away.

Suspicions point a visiting priest named "Father Tal" that disappeared when the zombie assault started.

The town has them barricaded in their tombs, every tomb is strongly locked and sealed, and are paying some brave professionals to come and remove them post haste*

(this is a Challenge Rating of 3-4 and for group of at least 4 1-5 level Pcs)
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Encounter: Snowdown Tombs Overrun!

Post by danielmn »

Not a day after word finds it's way off of the ilse of Snowdown, a human male, breastplate upon chest and spear and shield in hand, appears on the docks, making his way toward the tomb entrance. After quick inspection, he is to be seen in the market speaking to the locals. Some say his attention waned at the talk of the zombies and the bad water, but he was keen in hearing what could be told of Father Tal.

(Gather Info 16, have a screenshot if needed)
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Encounter: Snowdown Tombs Overrun!

Post by CloudDancing »

*a grizzled Amnish veteran stops you at the pile of bodies by the entrance to the tomb*
Go no further lad! It's a hornet's nest down there and you ain't got a beekeeper's smoker!
*he closes one eye and points to the pile, rubbing the other which is red and infected looking*
Tha's what happened to the lot of 'em. Went down alone thinking they could best that blasted well-pollutin' priest-thing. Well ya can't and I won' let any more go done there lest they be prepared with a proper team.
*he taps his spear*
Father Tal eh? You want to know more? He came riding in on a wagon a month ago and proved himself to be valuable, ya know treating those sick with diseases and so forth. Then one night, as the full moon rises, he wanders out and raids the graveyard tombs of our dead, dragging the poor sops up from the soil and to terrorize the town. We fought him from all sides and pushed him back into the Tomb, hoping him to smother in there from the fire's smoke.

But, he did'nt die! Bastard must have some fresh air comin' in from elsewhere...jus' don't let me catch you goin' down there alone lad. It's folly and your death ain't worth anymore than these poor blokes who went in heedless and saucy to me!