OOC Split: Tavern Tales & Rumours

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Darkmystic
Owlbear

OOC Split: Tavern Tales & Rumours

Post by Darkmystic »

((Plenty of adventurers have been trying to solve that issue for months irl T-ice, what is the lvl requirment you have for people to be able to solve it? I know my lvl 4 character was a meat piece that got ripped apart by the spawns you had same with my lvl 6 pure fighter. The story will never get an end as long you keep up the really high standards cause there will never be players on MS able to solve it. What were your plan really? Is there anyway we players can solve it?
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Re: Tavern Tales & Rumours

Post by t-ice »

((Kinda the wrong forum and thread for that Darkmystic. I think I'm fairly on the ball on what has been happening, and I have certainly found that you need certain PC consistency if you want to run a campaign. But handing down a "you win" to PCs de jour one day isn't good, either. Trust me, I know what I'm doing and where this is going ... :wink: :roll:
I-KP
Otyugh

Re: OOC Split: Tavern Tales & Rumours

Post by I-KP »

((
Wrong fourm and arguably not the best start but some sort of OOC co-ordination thread might not be a bad idea; however, now that this has already started...

The Rumour post does read a bit like a prelude to a collective failure on the part of the upwardly mobile denizens of the Isles and Tam would be all over this like a nasty skin condition if her player could make more of the sessions. (Thursdays are very tough for me but having said that I've got the next two free.) I've tried to play as a link between sessions but there is so little activity on MS these days that didn't really work out.

There are characters who want to turn back the chill winds but scheduling is consipring to orchestrate a mishap.

I don't doubt that Teez has a firm grip on the difficulty level. There is no shame in running away - usually. IC creativity often wins out over merely slapping everything purple IME, and the pointer to encourage this was already presented in the shape of the Paladins getting their arses kicked. :D
))
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

For now looks like I won't be able to make next thu. So ...

Let's do two installments on Tue and Wed evenings. Hope as many folks as possible can make it, and .... stuff ;)
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

I'm in (with Hully) whenever I can be.

OOC: My earlier efforts to strand BG players on MS after the Greengrass Tournament by bribing/kidnapping/killing the "portal" ship captains never quite got off the ground....but new plans to cajole tanks into pressed service are ongoing! :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

((after greengrass... Bu stuck around for almost a week after everyone left... I never heard a peep from anyone about anything but would have loved to stay/help/whatever... *shrugs*
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

I know. My schedules didn't exactly match with the Greengrass event, thus I didn't make noise on it, nor connect with Dergon's gracious attempts to try to gather folks. Also end of a plotline event is supposed to be an apex for people who have been along for the ride, not a queststar badassmofos takeover, kickass, grab the loot, and leave -fest. And literally forcing people to stay on server probably wasn't a good idea. So here we are, but worry not, things are fine (except my eyes bleed for reading Tam's IC story). Just treating what happened as IC, even if the real motivations were OoC there's always a way to tell the story so, and see what's the fallout...

Or in other words: "OMG my PC so would have been there and done that but [OoC reasons here]" is pointless. Wasn't there, didn't do, play with it. If you need to invent a plausible reason ICly, you're a good enough roleplayer to do just that.
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

t-ice wrote:(except my eyes bleed for reading Tam's IC story)
You only read it; I have to live it. (I blame the lack of Sylvan speakers in the Moonshae.)

Sadly I only met with Bu at times where I was about to log, usually with a banging headache (cf. me having to live it), so probably didn't make as big a noise about it as I should have.