Greengrass Tourney Registration

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Analogkid
Ogre

Greengrass Tourney Registration

Post by Analogkid »

As the day of the Festival and Tourney approaches, these notices begin to appear at various tavern, inns and other gathering places throughout Callydyrr and at regents field itself. Underneath each notice is another sheet where individuals may sign up for particular contests

Do you have what it takes? Then sign up for one of the main contests of skill at the Greengrass festival. 5 gold donation to local charities requested per registration, due at entry.

The Bladesman Tourney
A one on one duel of superior bladesmenship, with ranks for those of amatuer, experienced, and expert skill

Wrestling
the ultimate test of brute strength, ranks based on weight and past experience

Archery
Who is best with the bow? ranks based on past experience and skill

The Arcane Duel
Watch the fireworks as mages duel against each other, ranks based on length of study and mastery over the arcane

The battle of the Bards
Be entertained as we see who is the true master of word and song

The Grand Melee
The grand finale of the contests, three against three, no holds barred battle to determine which team wins true glory

No fear if these are too much for you, there will also be knife throwing, pig catching, food eating, and drinking contests among other games to partake in and allow you to win prizes.

((OOC this should also be considered the schedule, roughly for the contests, though it will depend on how long particular events take and what occurs in between))
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
jmecha
Illithid

Re: Greengrass Tourney Registration

Post by jmecha »

* Wearings traveler's browns and a frown, Straton Zora approaches the registration table and examines the list of events before him.*

I am Straton Zora of Chessenta, scribe down my name as a competitor in the Bladesman Tourney, Archery Contest, Unarmed Combat and let it be known I would compete in the Grand Melee should any team have room for me.

* He then sets down a stack of coins to cover the costs of his registration in the four events, and turns to walk off with his left hand resting on the hilt of an old long sword and a small smile on his face*
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Bu reads over the notices.
Keryn
Ogre

Post by Keryn »

Signs under Archery

"Sywyn"
Last edited by Keryn on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Kest> "what am i running away from? i dont know but it sounds big and large!!"
---
<@Veilan> I like sausage.
Witchdoctor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Witchdoctor »

*Morgan approaches the table and places gold on the bladesman tourney, wrestling, and archery*
loulabelle
Proletarian Librarian

Post by loulabelle »

A slender female in dark blue, shrouded by a black cloak and hood is seen approaching the festival musicians. She imparts upon them a few playful taunting words of how she will soundly beat them, eagerly encouraging their rebuttals and leaving them with the parting words "May the best minstrel win"

She makes her way over to the registration table, still smiling and in good spirits. She lays down her coins with faintly blue fingers and lowers her hood.

"Kori of Suzail... and I am here to moisten eyes, melt hearts and win your prizes with my music" Her words are confident but still playful.

Toc [Talk] Ey doc save some thread fer that mouth a hers *winks with a grin*
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

*A cloaked man of the woods aproaches from the road. A blonde haired man with a quick smile smelling lightly of mead steps up and registers for the Archery and Bladesman competitions. He signs the form Horatio Allengard and passes over his coins.*

Never done this before, but your Maid was convincing when she told me of this. Win or lose, has been worth the trip.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

*another name shows up for two of the contest*

The battle of the Bards
Deva Bishop. dance

The Grand Melee
Deva Bishop

*a little note after Stratons long lines of text:* consider taken for the grand melee. /deva
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Bram smiles to the registrars and reads over the announcement again.

Well, I can't reckon ah I got any skill in that list. But, here, ya may put mah name under tha wrastlin. I spose I can least give tha crowds a show and a laugh when ahm tossed on mah bum.

Wrestling
Bram Woodson

And almost as an afterthought, Ifn any team needs one ta round em out, ahll do mah best.

The Grand Melee
As an alternate, Bram Woodson